ADVERTISEMENT

After student loan forgiveness, 73% of borrowers plan to spend more on travel and dining out

People need cars to work. People need homes for shelter.
The point is that when you make an investment in a car/house you've still got the car/house, or you can sell it if things go bad. For way too many people, they've made an investment in college and then either not gotten anything at all out of it, or ended up crippled financially as a result.

Last edited:
Biden has extended this numerous times, and in some instances unrelated to the forgiveness plan.

Nice job missing the point. There were already forgiveness plans in place, conveniently signed into law by an R, that these extensions are being used to satisfy. The longer this gets extended, which it is being done right now due to R lawsuits, the more loans get forgiven under the existing forgiveness plans without Washington getting anything and without borrowers paying anything.

I'm guessing alot of folks who are against loan forgiveness are also against wealth transfer taxes. In both scenarios, the recipients did zero to earn the money.

That argument is so bad, it’s not even an argument. PPP was a huge mistake. It was a huge mistake made by CONGRESS. This student loan debt never went through Congress.
PPP except for the fraud was a great program that kept many small businesses alive. Prosecute the fraud.
I heard the debt relief passed by a couple votes.

The point is that when you make an investment in a car/house you've still got the car/house, or you can sell it if things go bad. For way too many people, they've made an investment in college and then either not gotten anything at all out of it, or ended up crippled financially as a result.

"The point is that when you make an investment in a car/house you've still got the car/house, or you can sell it if things go bad."

First off, a car isn't an investment. Secondly, selling a car isn't feasible if you need it for work to support yourself and/or family.

"For way too many people, they've made an investment in college and then either not gotten anything at all out of it, or ended up crippled financially as a result."

That's their fault/problem, not mine.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
Travel is what most people like to do. Because of student loans, many people couldn't travel because they just didn't have enough money. But now they can save money and see the countries they wanted to. Even though I have a mortgage, every year my family and I go on vacation together. I took out a mortgage to buy a house, and thanks to Mortgage Advisor Leicester's help and got the money on good terms. I'm also thinking of trying to refinance my mortgage next year to pay even less.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT