ADVERTISEMENT

AGON Update - Marinelli vs Shields

Will the high school kids be competing in folkstyle or freestyle? May not be pretty for the Iowa boys if it's free, because the competition has a lot more experience and accolades there.

Freestyle.

Kemerer was right there with Stroker in FS this past summer and Marinelli is very good on his feet. Mejia will be the intersting one since he is a hammer on top which is one of the things that makes him so good at folk.

Originally posted by HawkTalk3:

Freestyle.

Kemerer was right there with Stroker in FS this past summer and Marinelli is very good on his feet. Mejia will be the intersting one since he is a hammer on top which is one of the things that makes him so good at folk.
Kemerer is the one that I feel most comfortable with. I think Mejia and Gomez would be neck and neck in folk, but have no idea how that translates to freestyle. Marinelli would be a clear favorite over Sheilds in folk, but his lack of freestyle experience might make it interesting. Handling gut wrenches and leg laces can take some practice.

This post was edited on 3/24 2:25 PM by 1stplacehawk

Originally posted by 1stplacehawk:

Originally posted by HawkTalk3:

Freestyle.

Kemerer is the one that I feel most comfortable with. I think Mejia and Gomez would be neck and neck in folk, but have no idea how that translates to freestyle. Marinelli would be a clear favorite over Sheilds in folk, but his lack of freestyle experience might make it interesting. Handling gut wrenches and leg laces can take some practice.

This post was edited on 3/24 2:25 PM by 1stplacehawk
I agree, and that sounds like a problem for Shields to worry about getting gut wrenched
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT