ADVERTISEMENT

Ahron Ulis minutes today: Zero

I was just thinking this myself. Fran is often loyal to a fault, and this was again on painful display today with his overplaying of JBo, as he was not hitting shots and was getting burned badly on D.

Once again, Fran's refusal to make the necessary in-game adjustments reared its ugly head, and at the most crucial of times.

On a day where our guards struggled mightily, minutes breakdown:
JBo: 33
Joe T: 13
Ulis: 0

I understand he's struggled lately but we didn't give him 1 second in a game where our other guards were awful? Makes no sense to me.
head scratcher for sure, Saucy T was off his game as well. I think Ahron would have matched up well against Gilyard, but it seems Fran thought otherwise...

Reactions: longliveCS40
Will he transfer or stick around? I think he should stay but the way kids jump in asap he might too. He will be a very good player at Iowa if he stays.

I was just thinking this myself. Fran is often loyal to a fault, and this was again on painful display today with his overplaying of JBo, as he was not hitting shots and was getting burned badly on D.

Once again, Fran's refusal to make the necessary in-game adjustments reared its ugly head, and at the most crucial of times.
I have been a Fran supporter and am still but to a lesser degree. This has been his fatal flaw for a long time.

Will he transfer or stick around? I think he should stay but the way kids jump in asap he might too. He will be a very good player at Iowa if he stays.
I could see him transferring with Bowen coming in next year. I hope not. If he gets his confidence back, he's a very capable player with good size for a guard.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Fran decided to make JBo and Connor his lead guards, his senior and most trusted lead guards, and they weren't up to the task in the biggest moments.
Connor was fine. His inbounds passing was big. I wish Ulis woukd have gotten some minutes to see if he could have disrupted the game for Richmond. Maybe he wouldn't have made a difference but he has had his moments and should have had the opportunity. It wasn't like there wasn't time to sit Jordan and put in your top defensive guys for a few min.

On a day where our guards struggled mightily, minutes breakdown:
JBo: 33
Joe T: 13
Ulis: 0

I understand he's struggled lately but we didn't give him 1 second in a game where our other guards were awful? Makes no sense to me.
He hasn’t been playing well..

Reactions: 24 so far
Never thought for one second Aaron Ullis would have made any difference in this game and still don't.
Well, if Ulis or Touissant can't be trusted or counted on to play much, and JBo and Connor aren't getting it done when they play the majority of minutes, then what is there at guard? Fran predominately went with JBo and Connor for most of this year and in the tourney last year and look where that went.

Reactions: amahawk
I'm holding off...but I am either going to go full apathetic mode again or rip into some things into the Iowa program. Likely the former, which is even worse for Iowa Bball

They are the ones that have to live with it. Sucks for the fans too. Feel soo bad for Keegan, he had one of his worst games.

Guess we will never know.

Joe was 1-3 with 2 points and not great defense.
JBo was 2-8 with 6 points and terrible defense.

I'd have liked to see at least 5 minutes of Ulis.
So five minutes of Aaron Ullis was gonna save the day? At a neutral site in the NCAA Tournament he was gonna be a difference maker all of a sudden? Uuummmm, Ok.

I'm as far away from a Fran apologist as one could get, but my excuse meter doesn't run all the way to Aaron Ullis. Fran has plenty of faults, but he plays a lot of guys, guys who have ups and downs but for the most part have collectively played pretty well down the stretch this particular season. You count on them to get the job done by the end of the game, and in this instance they didn't, and they're all going home because of it.

Keegan Murray should have got the ball more, don't think there's any question about that, but collectively Fran's players across the board shot poorly, open or not, and when that happens you go home.

So five minutes of Aaron Ullis was gonna save the day? At a neutral site in the NCAA Tournament he was gonna be a difference maker all of a sudden? Uuummmm, Ok.

I'm as far away from a Fran apologist as one could get, but my excuse meter doesn't run all the way to Aaron Ullis. Fran has plenty of faults, but he plays a lot of guys, guys who have ups and downs but for the most part have collectively played pretty well down the stretch this particular season. You count on them to get the job done by the end of the game, and in this instance they didn't, and they're all going home because of it.

Keegan Murray should have got the ball more, don't think there's any question about that, but collectively Fran's players across the board shot poorly, open or not, and when that happens you go home.
You play him 5 minutes to see if he brings better defense than Jordan and Joe as they were not playing much of any. Yes that could have been a difference maker.

If he brings a spark, you leave him in. You act like I'm suggesting we should have played Luketa. Ulis has been getting meaningful minutes all through the Big Ten season. He's struggled lately but which guard wasn't struggling yesterday?

Ulis, unless sick or injured, should have gotten some time yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT