***Aidan Hall Commits to Iowa***

grayhair81

HR Legend
Sep 3, 2006
I love all these athlete types from 2023-24 who can play multiple positions. Wonder if there might be a TE in the group?

I think Weisskopf in next year's class is the only one that would be a possibility and that is a stretch.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
WFBq.gif

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017

millhawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
I love all these athlete types from 2023-24 who can play multiple positions. Wonder if there might be a TE in the group?

There's a couple that could play te but I doubt that happens. Iowa is in good shape with some ready made te prospects in the '23 class.

twindman

HR MVP
Sep 1, 2010
I thought his numbers and video looked pretty good on offense too. Around 750 yards passing and running I think.

SI_NYC

HR MVP
Dec 15, 2001
based on that tweet looks like woods and wallace recruited him. might not be a secondary guy.

complete aside: what’s the verdict on the half helmet graphic? is it aesthetically pleasing/satisfactory? gives me a locutus of borg vibe
Woods went to Harlan, I believe.

ghostOfHomer777

HR Heisman
May 20, 2014
I wonder what the recruiting strategy is here? Maybe expecting for some LB recruits to migrate to other positions? Just accounting for attrition and/or injuries?

I've gone back and forth about Kueter at LB ... I initially assumed that he was more of at DL prospect. Maybe he stays there ... maybe I was right initially?

Looking at guys like Hall and Weisskopf ... they have good ball skills ... maybe a shot at TE?

I'm just a little surprised when Hall indicated that he was going to be working on some fellow LB-recruits like Newsome and Ebel. That would make our LB recruiting look like:
'22: 2 LB commits (Montgomery & Van Kekerix)
'23: sounds like we're shooting for 3 LBs? (Kueter, Hall, + another)
'24: already have 3 LB commits (Buffington, Weisskipf, & Ries)

Given that our base D features just 2 LBs ... and our 4-3 look is just "packaged" ... we're seemingly going after more LBs than I would have expected.

On the flip side, we do need a bunch of LB-types for our special-teams play. Furthermore, the LB body-type can often develop towards a bunch of different position groups.

Heathen Raider

Scout Team
Dec 15, 2021
I wonder what the recruiting strategy is here? Maybe expecting for some LB recruits to migrate to other positions? Just accounting for attrition and/or injuries?

I've gone back and forth about Kueter at LB ... I initially assumed that he was more of at DL prospect. Maybe he stays there ... maybe I was right initially?

Looking at guys like Hall and Weisskopf ... they have good ball skills ... maybe a shot at TE?

I'm just a little surprised when Hall indicated that he was going to be working on some fellow LB-recruits like Newsome and Ebel. That would make our LB recruiting look like:
'22: 2 LB commits (Montgomery & Van Kekerix)
'23: sounds like we're shooting for 3 LBs? (Kueter, Hall, + another)
'24: already have 3 LB commits (Buffington, Weisskipf, & Ries)

Given that our base D features just 2 LBs ... and our 4-3 look is just "packaged" ... we're seemingly going after more LBs than I would have expected.

On the flip side, we do need a bunch of LB-types for our special-teams play. Furthermore, the LB body-type can often develop towards a bunch of different position groups.
Parker wanted Hall at DB too, Guys like Hall can play SS OLB or Cash and as You said STs . Lots of value in those type of Kids.

ghostOfHomer777

HR Heisman
May 20, 2014
Parker wanted Hall at DB too, Guys like Hall can play SS OLB or Cash and as You said STs . Lots of value in those type of Kids.
As memory serves, Hitchens started off as a safety-type who developed (very well) into a LB-type for us. Hell, Greenway's prior high school experience was at safety too.

It's all quite intriguing because the '23 class already has Nestor and Lutmer - both of whom were recruited at safety. Of course, safety certainly is/will be a position of need ... particularly given that our base D requires 3 guys who fit that description (FS/SS/CASH). Of course, in the '22 class, we have Nwankpa and Entringer who also fit that bill. In pretty much any given recruiting class, Phil is guaranteed to at least try to land 1 or 2 safety-types ... and that number usually gets further embellished by the quality walk-ons who we get at the position too.

There might be no better position at Iowa where walk-ons earn starting gigs than at safety. Bowen, Pagel, Considine, Moylan, Greenwood, Snyder, Gervase, Koerner, etc ...

millhawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2001
The coaches have even mentioned wr for Hall...versatile and fast for sure. The cash position is a cover guy first.

natchrlman

HR All-American
Jul 10, 2003
Goes back to Norms quote about “football players” Iowa in the Kirk era has always loaded up on LB type athletes

Some grow into Linemen….. some wind up Fullbacks….. Dallas Clark made a pretty good TE after moving from LB and of course as you mentioned special teams