ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Shaw Decommits from Missouri. 4 Star Small Forward. #58 Overall Ranked Prospect in 2022 Class

Iowa offered Aidan on Oct 25, 2019.

He visited Iowa on June 22-23, 2021.

He committed to Missouri on Sep 17, 2021.

1F_Mm8_h

Iowa was part of his original Top 6:

E7erKlxX0Ao6W6T

Aidan originally had 17 offers:

His Top 6 were:
IOWA
Missouri
Kansas
Arkansas
Oklahoma State
Maryland

11 Other Offers:
Texas Tech
Texas
USC
Kansas State
Iowa State
Creighton
Nebraska
TCU
Wichita State
Wake Forest
Vanderbilt

Last edited:
Sounds good, but it could upset the chemistry. 3 guys (Pat, Payton, Shaw) fighting for playing time.
3 guys for 2 positions is not much depth and doesn't allow to play small ball with Kris or someone else in the post. part time.

If Iowa offered 1st go around, he already was vetted.

Iowa could use a froncourt player that can play the 3-5 positions next year along with a combo guard. Patrick is strictly a 3. He really struggles at the 4 and struggles to rebound in the B1G. I actually think Sandfort could develop into a more well rounded 3 than Patrick by next year.

Iowa could use a froncourt player that can play the 3-5 positions next year along with a combo guard. Patrick is strictly a 3. He really struggles at the 4 and struggles to rebound in the B1G. I actually think Sandfort could develop into a more well rounded 3 than Patrick by next year.
I hope we are still on Aidan's radar; hopefully he sees how Iowa develops kids into 1st Team All Americans.

Yeah, I agree that we are going to need a combo guard who can shoot it from 3. Hopefully Fran can utilize the transfer portal for that.

Personally, I don't think Martin was the problem at all. They are going to regret getting rid of him unless they really score a great coach now. Shaw leaving alone is a big problem as well as others entering the portal. I used to see him around town, he is a really good guy.

just a reminder....we have at least ONE scholarship available for 2022-2023
Iowa has enough forwards and centers, guards are what runs NCAA basketball. I'd rather Fran go out and get a guard that is a difference maker, like that's going to happen...NOT.
You think he's going to come to Iowa just to share time with the players Iowa has coming back...no chance. Kansas welcomes you!

Personally, I don't think Martin was the problem at all. They are going to regret getting rid of him unless they really score a great coach now. Shaw leaving alone is a big problem as well as others entering the portal. I used to see him around town, he is a really good guy.
Sounds like Missouri is going to hire Dennis Gates from Cleveland St. It wouldn't surprise me if he recommits to Missouri.

Reactions: icwesthawk
If I I was going to bet on where he lands, it would be Iowa State not Iowa. He had an offer from ISU and they are still playing. Fran hasn't been able to capitalize on individual player success on the recruiting trail. Garza's national status yielded Josh, Mulvey and Rebraca. You would think Fran would be able to say "Hey, did you see where Keegan Murray got drafted? That could be you." Instead, he will tell us he couldn't find anybody who was a good chemistry match and give the scholarship to Laketa for next season.

One would think seeing ISU make the Sweet 16 would be a gut punch to Fran, but guys like him are beyond any introspection. Fran is up there with Izzo, Coach K, Dean Smith, and Wooden....just ask Fran.

Reactions: dekhawk
If I I was going to bet on where he lands, it would be Iowa State not Iowa. He had an offer from ISU and they are still playing. Fran hasn't been able to capitalize on individual player success on the recruiting trail. Garza's national status yielded Josh, Mulvey and Rebraca. You would think Fran would be able to say "Hey, did you see where Keegan Murray got drafted? That could be you." Instead, he will tell us he couldn't find anybody who was a good chemistry match and give the scholarship to Laketa for next season.

One would think seeing ISU make the Sweet 16 would be a gut punch to Fran, but guys like him are beyond any introspection. Fran is up there with Izzo, Coach K, Dean Smith, and Wooden....just ask Fran.
Da fuq? The intelligence level on this site has dropped considerably since the Richmond loss.

Last edited:
I think Fran recruits hard to build the program, and I think he goes after the big fish - he just hasn't been able to land any.

Recruiting a guy like this that has no ties to Iowa, and you're also being recruited by a lot of heavy hitters, what are the reasons for a young man to pick the Hawks?

1. Style of play - check
2. B1G - check
3. Incredible talent coming in or coming back? Meh
4. Facilities? Nope
5. Tradition? Nope
6. Incredible fan support? No
7. uh, well, hmmmm, weather? Nah

Let's face it, the heavy hitters can check off a lot more things on a list that the Hawks can.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Honest question what is Iowa missing on facilities? Didn't they just build some state of the art practice and player lounge a few years back?
Actually, I'm going by the comments I see here. Carver is poor basketball arena. I don't know if the basketball practice facility is "all that" compared to big time programs.

Sounds like Missouri is going to hire Dennis Gates from Cleveland St. It wouldn't surprise me if he recommits to Missouri.

According to the St Louis Post-Dispatch, he is still open to Missouri; he just has to meet the new head coach and develop a relationship first.

The story from March 18:

I’ve got to think Keegan’s success and the fact that he hosted him is a big selling factor. He’s almost like the 3rd Murray triplet. I doubt he cares about recent NCAA success much, after all he originally chose MissourI. He talks about forming his “brand”. What better place to do that under a coach who is an offensive genius and has had a player nominated for the Naismith award 3 years running? I’ve got to think our chances are decent.

4. Facilities? Nope
5. Tradition? Nope
6. Incredible fan support? No
7. uh, well, hmmmm, weather? Nah

Let's face it, the heavy hitters can check off a lot more things on a list that the Hawks can.

Honest question what is Iowa missing on facilities? Didn't they just build some state of the art practice and player lounge a few years back?

On Oct 22, 2019, Kenyon Murray said this about our facilities:

We have the facilities to compete with anyone, and I think having some very good home grown talent meshed with kids like Toussant, Ulis and Perkins (all major cities) will help open up recruiting in the future!

Reactions: TritonHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT