ADVERTISEMENT

Ain't that America. Sumthin' to see...

I've always thought the only way to get Republicans to switch their stance on gun laws is to have black people walk around their neighborhoods with weapons. Then they wouldn't feel safe like the rest of us.
That's essentially what happened in the late 60s/early 70s when strict gun control laws were passed all over. Including by then governor Ronald Reagan.

That's essentially what happened in the late 60s/early 70s when strict gun control laws were passed all over. Including by then governor Ronald Reagan.
Yeah, this made Ronnie nervous:

3732-california-gun-control-history-black-panthers_large.jpg

Well, the white guy had the gun behind his back, and the black guy had the gun by his side, so there is a greater risk of it being used immediately. Otherwise yeah, same situation, different results.

Our gun laws are absolutely ridiculous and those who "fight" for their rights are even dumber. Anyone who thinks they have any reason to truly open carry, especially something as dumb as an AR-15 should be put away as someone unsafe.

I'm all for people having the right to carry a weapon, but the lengths gun nuts go too and the length our politicians and judges go to bow down to them because of one terrible interpretation of an ancient sentence is ridiculous.

Yep. What most gun rights advocates really want is for "us" to have "our" guns but not "them".
I’m sure black people are thrilled to have white knights from Iowa like you who have likely never even met a black person to own the other whites on an Internet forum.

I've always thought the only way to get Republicans to switch their stance on gun laws is to have black people walk around their neighborhoods with weapons. Then they wouldn't feel safe like the rest of us.
You must be really bad at math.

If that is your take from it, I guess the we can surmise your views on race relations in this country

Seeing how you formed your opinion based on a video created to help you form your opinion, I’m not thinking you’ll be surmising a damn thing in regard to me.

Great. Except, according to the left, those Republicans are already armed to the teeth and racist. And they’re inside and concealed. Who should be afraid?

A few things. Different cops are going to get you different responses. Also, I'm assuming these people were called in and you have no idea what the reporting party said.

These people decided to waste everyone's time and resources for a experiment. Could you imagine if a cop just drives by and waves because there is nothing illegal about it and then the person actually shoots something up? The narrative would be a cop saw a armed person walking towards a school or business and just waves when they could have prevented casualties.

This video shows what happens when you comply. Everyone goes home.

I endorse opinions not formed by viral events/videos that fly in the face of reality.
Lol. Great. As do I, especially when I can bank on personal experiences. The video is representative of the general, and is pretty accurate historically, too. Is it representative of all policing all the time evrywhere? Of course not. But there is definitely truth to that video. We have double-standards for race/skin color, we have them also for rich/poor.

Reactions: gohawks50
A few things. Different cops are going to get you different responses. Also, I'm assuming these people were called in and you have no idea what the reporting party said.

These people decided to waste everyone's time and resources for a experiment. Could you imagine if a cop just drives by and waves because there is nothing illegal about it and then the person actually shoots something up? The narrative would be a cop saw a armed person walking towards a school or business and just waves when they could have prevented casualties.

This video shows what happens when you comply. Everyone goes home.
Would you agree that open carry laws are ridiculous? Does it make you feel are warm and fuzzy inside knowing there is all these "good guys with a gun" walking around. I think its terrifying. One of many reasons I wouldn't do your job. Its hard enough if people weren't strapped with assault weapons. Stay safe.

Would you agree that open carry laws are ridiculous? Does it make you feel are warm and fuzzy inside knowing there is all these "good guys with a gun" walking around. I think its terrifying. One of many reasons I wouldn't do your job. Its hard enough if people weren't strapped with assault weapons. Stay safe.
I would agree because there are so many dumb people, impaired people, and crazy people. Assuming such people are evenly distributed between these open carry AR15 types and the rest of us, it just a terrible idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT