ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Greene in Transfer Portal

percyland

HR MVP
Apr 16, 2011
AJ Greene from UNI is testing the NBA waters and put his name in the transfer portal. Already rumblings of him looking hard at Iowa State because his dad is a coach there.

Playing in the NBA or playing for your dad. Sounds like a win-win for this young man. Good for him. Only shock now would be if he somehow stays in college and chooses a school other than Iowa State (unless it's deciding to stay at UNI after all).

I still remember JBo shutting him down the last time they played. Iowa over played the top side knowing he didn't like to drive to the hoop.

Reactions: FanOHawk
Worst kept secret in basketball is Green going to ISU. The quote of testing the NBA waters is just a front to not committ to the cylones right away. Uni is getting gutted from the portal as Carter to Missouri and Green to ISU.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Worst kept secret in basketball is Green going to ISU. The quote of testing the NBA waters is just a front to not committ to the cylones right away. Uni is getting gutted from the portal as Carter to Missouri and Green to ISU.
Yes they are being gutted.. The portal and its trickle down effects are really devastating for schools like UNI. Just like if a guy plays well at Iowa, they will immediately become attractive to one of the powers, if a guy plays well at UNI, he immediately becomes attractive to power conference schools. Building and developing a team becomes really difficult in this environment.

Joe Carter is Noah Carter's dad.

For 29 years Gary was the play by play voice of UNI basketball.

This is getting ugly.

Greene is a player that brings decent scoring ability to the table. We'll see how that translates to every day play at a higher level.
As for the NBA, that seems highly unlikely. His only potential role would be at the 2 and I'm just not seeing it.

Greene is a player that brings decent scoring ability to the table. We'll see how that translates to every day play at a higher level.
As for the NBA, that seems highly unlikely. His only potential role would be at the 2 and I'm just not seeing it.
Highly capable shooter and range for days. A lot of circumstance in his time at UNI that hindered his ability. I’m confident in a solid system with a better supporting cast he can thrive.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
No clue why so many Iowa fans throw shade at Green. He is a more dynamic guard than Fran has recruited in 12 years and like Jbo, has battled various injuries throughout his career. Green's portal value is significantly higher than many in here think and no surprise to me that some of the power programs are looking at him.

It is unfortunate that UNI and other mid majors have been turned into farm teams for P5 schools, but it should scream "opportunity" to Fran.

No clue why so many Iowa fans throw shade at Green. He is a more dynamic guard than Fran has recruited in 12 years and like Jbo, has battled various injuries throughout his career. Green's portal value is significantly higher than many in here think and no surprise to me that some of the power programs are looking at him.

It is unfortunate that UNI and other mid majors have been turned into farm teams for P5 schools, but it should scream "opportunity" to Fran.
What are the odds he ends up at ISU?

And what are the odds that his dad getting hired there is related to that?

;)

Reactions: michael.nelson311
Please. Enlighten me.

AJ’s a smart kid. If he wanted to go to ISU that bad why would he wait? He doesn’t owe UNI anything
Green was coming off an injury-shortened year and had surgery. UNI stuck by him through that. He used last year to recover and get back to playing well. His leaving now gave him an extra year to recover on UNI's dime.

Reactions: Ronman
Green was coming off an injury-shortened year and had surgery. UNI stuck by him through that. He used last year to recover and get back to playing well. His leaving now gave him an extra year to recover on UNI's dime.
That is quite the theory lol

Reactions: EdgeCat
It's exactly what happened as far as his injury and recovery. And if he does end up transferring to ISU, it'll be more than a theory.
He would have had better resources at Iowa State. I think AJ could surprise people but to sayiSU hired his dad to get him is not even close to true.

Last edited:
Reactions: K OKeefe
Wouldn't be the first time, would it?
You can throw it against the wall and see if it sticks as many times as you want but to say they hired Kyle to get AJ is flat out false and goes against almost every other scenario this has happened.
AJ MIGHT end up at ISU but your conspiracy isn’t why.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
not sure what race has to do with this.

JC is Noah's brother:

I love that his brother said he wanted to go to a place to win. So he picks Mizzou a team at the bottom of the SEC last year. He’s going to get eaten alive against the bigger PF as he’s had success as an undersized PF in the MVC.

As for the Duke offer I’m not totally shocked for green considering Duke had 4th player enter draft this weekend. Think AJ will get some more big school offers before it’s all said and done. Right now espn has him 4th one spot behind Hunter as top transfer. Some may forget he had an offer and could’ve been a freshman on the UVA team when they won it all.

What do you mean “stuck by him”. It isn’t like UNI has a bench full of all Americans.

what school anywhere told a former conference player of the year to take a hike after an injury?

What do you mean “stuck by him”. It isn’t like UNI has a bench full of all Americans.

what school anywhere told a former conference player of the year to take a hike after an injury?
After a serious injury, it happens. I don't think UNI would have but they did take care of Green and that's what I am saying. If he now transfers to ISU it's a slap in UNI's face.

• Haha
After a serious injury, it happens. I don't think UNI would have but they did take care of Green and that's what I am saying. If he now transfers to ISU it's a slap in UNI's face.
Can you name any school that told a former conference player of the year to take a hike after an injury?

I doubt even Kentucky would and they have all Americans dripping off them.

zero chance in hell any non power conference team would. ZERO. UNI did exactly what any school would have done. THEY WAITED UNTIL HE WAS HEALTHY. THE END.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Take everything the Carter family says with a grain of salt and bitterness. Joe whored his kids out to whoever promised the most throughout their high school days as well. This shtick is nothing new from them.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Take everything the Carter family says with a grain of salt and bitterness. Joe whored his kids out to whoever promised the most throughout their high school days as well. This shtick is nothing new from them.
Wow.

What are the odds he ends up at ISU?

And what are the odds that his dad getting hired there is related to that?

;)

The Clown fans are consistent & not hypocritical!!! Therefore, they ALL should be outraged & find it unacceptable that their shitty program tampered!!!

The Clown fans are consistent & not hypocritical!!! Therefore, they ALL should be outraged & find it unacceptable that their shitty program tampered!!!

Noted College basketball insider Bruce has less followers than my grandma.

AJ’s going to the GLeague combine and has multiple NBA teams working him out. He might end up at ISU but it’s far from a done deal. I’d be pretty surprised to hear anything before June 1z

Noted College basketball insider Bruce has less followers than my grandma.

AJ’s going to the GLeague combine and has multiple NBA teams working him out. He might end up at ISU but it’s far from a done deal. I’d be pretty surprised to hear anything before June 1z
Everything I've heard (third hand at best) is that he's wanted to get paid to play as a pro, and probably would have last year if injuries hadn't prevented it.

Not sure if NIL can/will change that, but agree with you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT