ADVERTISEMENT

Akrum Wadley - Ricky Parks - Negative recruiting

jvjhawk

Rookie
Nov 26, 2018
Questions were raised on the boards yesterday about direct negative recruiting by Team Wadley. Check the June 14 Facebook post from Robert T Green -- the huckster/charlatan that is "representing" Wadley, Joly, Spearman, etc. Akrum's mom hired him and is copied on almost every post. In the June 14 FB post he specifically says he is sending material to #RickyParks. He specifically says Ricky should know how he will be treated.

I think this is pretty outrageous. Green is doing this as a representative of Wadley, etc.

When I posted this in the lounge I could not figure out how to post the screen shot or the Facebook link. I got an assist from another helpful poster. Here it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------

#TrustTheFacts #NotTheProcess or #KirkFerentz

#HeresAnotherOne #KeepTalking

Think #IowaFootball is going to be "dead" to other #BlackAthletes sooner than you think. I sent this to #RickyParks. I am sure he and his parents is curious to know how he will be treated in #Iowa

Maybe he should talk to other #Iowa Rb's and parents that came before him that played for #BrianFerentz. Think I'll tag two. #AkrumWadley #MarcelJoly

Take a look at this #iowa #fanbase inside these comments on these message boards. Would you want your #AfricanAmerican athlete or your son in general subjected to this?

People and #coaches like this is why they took 21 years to speak. So to this fan telling unpaid athletes to #dotheirjob. Their job is to never surround themselves with ignorant people like you.

Putting your kids in harms way makes you a fan not a parent. This is how #collegefootball and the #NCAA ended up this way because of it. #NextCoachUp #NextUniversityUp

Fans like this nor the current head coach NEVER "allowed" them to do anything. They #TrustedTheProcess and people like him and performed for ignorant people like you because they didn't understand. #ThatWasThenThisIsNow

#ThePlayersRep
Educate, Empower. Protect
pre-postgame.com

Well, maybe it is best? that is also before Foster, Copeland, Bell were here and in prominent roles. and now Braithwaite..... We have almost a 50% minority coaching staff. I think that helps with recruiting and the cultural shift so to speak. I also think this is Kirks last go around. We are probably looking for a new coach come January.

As far as I can tell, this Robert T. Green is not a lawyer. There is no legal case to be pushed and get paid on. He really seems to be intent on getting Kirk and Brian fired or doing as much damage as possible to Iowa.

He is obsessed. Every day there is a negative Iowa post and sometimes several. Very few have attracted much attention until yesterday - but he has been doing damage daily as he copies major media outlets, and several media personalities to try to get coverage.

He seems to write each player statement - Spearman, Rucker, Joly -- WADLEY -- and hype them with his narrative and threats. This is completely malicious and not intended in any way to help make meaningful change in Iowa football. His existence in this matter is almost entirely because of AW and his mother. Terrible!

He is not a lawyer, but he is an agent / consultant type. Obviously fishing for some notoriety and building up the customer base.

Just watch the guy's promo video.

He might want to ask Akrum about his own tweets. Partying on the weekends, binging fluids Monday mornings to make weight, etc.

The one where he made the claim Brian said he wanted another player to be intentionally hurt I think would be a case where they could push something legally back against him.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I also think this is Kirks last go around. We are probably looking for a new coach come January.
EagerRingedAndalusianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Questions were raised on the boards yesterday about direct negative recruiting by Team Wadley. Check the June 14 Facebook post from Robert T Green -- the huckster/charlatan that is "representing" Wadley, Joly, Spearman, etc. Akrum's mom hired him and is copied on almost every post. In the June 14 FB post he specifically says he is sending material to #RickyParks. He specifically says Ricky should know how he will be treated.

I think this is pretty outrageous. Green is doing this as a representative of Wadley, etc.

When I posted this in the lounge I could not figure out how to post the screen shot or the Facebook link. I got an assist from another helpful poster. Here it is.

Think #IowaFootball is going to be "dead" to other #BlackAthletes sooner than you think. I sent this to #RickyParks. I am sure he and his parents is curious to know how he will be treated in #Iowa

Maybe he should talk to other #Iowa Rb's and parents that came before him that played for #BrianFerentz. Think I'll tag two. #AkrumWadley #MarcelJoly

Take a look at this #iowa #fanbase inside these comments on these message boards. Would you want your #AfricanAmerican athlete or your son in general subjected to this?

People and #coaches like this is why they took 21 years to speak. So to this fan telling unpaid athletes to #dotheirjob. Their job is to never surround themselves with ignorant people like you.

Putting your kids in harms way makes you a fan not a parent. This is how #collegefootball and the #NCAA ended up this way because of it. #NextCoachUp #NextUniversityUp

Fans like this nor the current head coach NEVER "allowed" them to do anything. They #TrustedTheProcess and people like him and performed for ignorant people like you because they didn't understand. #ThatWasThenThisIsNow

#ThePlayersRep
pre-postgame.com
Why not just countersue and end it?

Well, some Iowa fans are embarrassingly stupid, but that's every fan base.

So, you have concerns with racism, and you choose Utah? Lol. Okay.

Suppose Ricky received a text Sunday night high-fiving about reeling in another n-word?

Maybe Utah boosters were able to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Maybe Utah boosters were able to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I don't doubt anything anymore.

There was definitely something that changed drastically the last week of his recruitment. It seems odd with his high school teammate on board that he would flip to Utah because something a disgruntled former Iowa player and his lawyer tweeted at him.

Come on HR, hasn’t anyone dug up some dirt on Mr. Green yet? A huckster like that has to have a somewhat checkered past, no?

I don’t like the tone of this guy one bit. Definitely get the sense that when it becomes obvious there will be no payday he’ll quickly move on from the clients he’s currently over promising things to.

He might want to ask Akrum about his own tweets. Partying on the weekends, binging fluids Monday mornings to make weight, etc.

The one where he made the claim Brian said he wanted another player to be intentionally hurt I think would be a case where they could push something legally back against him.
Hmmmmm, how did he lose weight over the weekend? Coke maybe? I know I only gained weight in college when drinking beer.

Last edited:

#ThePlayersRep
pre-postgame.com
tbf, the responses on social media and message boards have been pretty awful.

It’s time to get lawyers involved after Akrum. You can’t just sit on your hands and eat his shit. He’s posted enough to contradict his allegations to break his ass.
Honestly, Im all for waiting until the independent investigation is over....but if these claims are unfounded....the University needs to sue him into the next decade.

Reactions: SansSouci
The longer this plays... the more it looks like the Wadley clan is just bitter that his post collegiate days didn't go as hoped.

The longer this plays... the more it looks like the Wadley clan is just bitter that his post collegiate days didn't go as hoped.
He was the main running back for three years and didn't do well in his trials to get into the NFL. And now it's IOWA'S fault. Now his mom thinks this is the way to get some extra money to live on until the next son can buy her a new home???

Honestly, Im all for waiting until the independent investigation is over....but if these claims are unfounded....the University needs to sue him into the next decade.

I am with you on waiting. Maybe Wadley is right in all this... who knows. Wadley will get negative fans after the whole screwing them over for stuff they paid for thing.

I think that there are stories out there that are very concerning and most likely true. Some stories that are killing credibility of players (ex- Wadley being mad at BF for parking illegally and being late to get his shake in the first place.) Some people who have total sour grapes (look at all the things DJ Johnson said, he didn't like being behind Riley Moss or anything by Marcel Joly).

I just don't want to jump to any conclusions and don't want our fans looking ridiculous. If it all comes out that the program is clear then we also don't need to attack former players.

That "living hell" is why Akrum, along with his family, tried to get his younger brother a scholarship offer to Iowa. His presence at Iowa was meant to ease the distress that Akrum feels to this day.
Their argument is that they were willing to subject the younger brother to "hell" just to make the older brother feel a little better? Even if true, that makes them look pretty bad.

This Robert T Green guy is full of hatred and an extremely stupid human being lol. He is every bit as bad as the worst racists out there. With that said, it would be difficult for the University to sue him for libel without proving that he was knowingly making false statements on behalf of the player/players. However, it would be possible to sue Wadley if it could be proven that some of his claims were false or misleading.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Well, maybe it is best? that is also before Foster, Copeland, Bell were here and in prominent roles. and now Braithwaite..... We have almost a 50% minority coaching staff. I think that helps with recruiting and the cultural shift so to speak. I also think this is Kirks last go around. We are probably looking for a new coach come January.
We are putting together the best recruiting class in years. If things go well, in three years we will have the most talent on the team in more than a decade. I think Kirk will stick around to watch the team develop.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
I am with you on waiting. Maybe Wadley is right in all this... who knows. Wadley will get negative fans after the whole screwing them over for stuff they paid for thing.

I think that there are stories out there that are very concerning and most likely true. Some stories that are killing credibility of players (ex- Wadley being mad at BF for parking illegally and being late to get his shake in the first place.) Some people who have total sour grapes (look at all the things DJ Johnson said, he didn't like being behind Riley Moss or anything by Marcel Joly).

I just don't want to jump to any conclusions and don't want our fans looking ridiculous. If it all comes out that the program is clear then we also don't need to attack former players.
People brought up with a victim mentality, keeping it going after college. JFC, grow up. Iowa tried to make them a man and they bucked the system for trying to hold them accountable in their life for once.

Iowa does not like tattoos or branding, You can identify yourself as a separate group, a subset that way. Iowa tries to stress the team. If you are setting up subgroups that do things that are counterproductive (See the Jersey Boyz), then hell yes, they have a reason to not like that form of expression.

The mask and going off to the test is all piddly stuff and racist. Also, I do not believe for one minute that Wadley did not know why he was being given 20 hours community service. NFW.

People brought up with a victim mentality, keeping it going after college. JFC, grow up. Iowa tried to make them a man and they bucked the system for trying to hold them accountable in their life for once.

Iowa does not like tattoos or branding, You can identify yourself as a separate group, a subset that way. Iowa tries to stress the team. If you are setting up subgroups that do things that are counterproductive (See the Jersey Boyz), then hell yes, they have a reason to not like that form of expression.

The mask and going off to the test is all piddly stuff and racist. Also, I do not believe for one minute that Wadley did not know why he was being given 20 hours community service. NFW.

It seems he was really upset about the community service and the amount of hours. So I have a couple questions if anyone knows the answers. Do all players get community service or just for punishment? I know when I was at Iowa I’d see players all the time out and helping around, obviously especially in the children’s hospital but I’m not sure if that counts as community service? Also was it 20 hours for the entire fall semester? I know they’re busy with football and what not but 20 hours in one semester doesn’t seem that bad? I would do a ton of stuff with Dance Marathon all year when I was there.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT