ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama deputy and inmate disappear

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WAFF/Gray News) - After 11 days, escaped inmate Casey White and former jail official Vicky White have been found and were arrested on Monday afternoon in Indiana.

According to Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton, Casey White and Vicky White were captured in Evansville after a police chase ended in a crash.

Vicky White is in serious condition due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the Evansville sheriff.

Casey White has minor injuries. He was driving a black Cadillac at the time of the chase. An Evansville police officer located the Cadillac.

Shocked that they stood out in southern Indiana. Probably having too many teeth gave them away.
Oh, and, I like hiking in southern Indiana. But, sheesh. It's pretty sketchy in a lot of small towns down there.

I hope whatever she bought at the adult store and the fun she had was worth losing her home, retirement, freedom, and getting shot.

Reactions: goldmom
146482.gif

Did she really think they would get away?

Probably not, but I was watching Forensic Files a few nights ago and this guy convinced one girlfriend to kill his other girlfriend. When they went to arrest him he shot himself in the face but survived. Different circumstances obviously, but that would suck to have to go to prison, and now your face is all screwed up because you couldn't even get killing yourself right.

Reactions: goldmom
Best possible outcome for the woman after the decisions she made over the last few weeks
It's like Led Zeppelin said in Royal Orleans:
One time love, take care how you use it
Try to make it last all night
And if you take your pick
Be careful how you choose it
Sometimes it's hard to feel it bite
Feel it bite

Reactions: NoleinATL
I wonder if he will play the “it was all her, she kidnapped me” card since she was driving and had a gun.

Was watching some interviews with folks from her department.

They all basically sang her praises....great co-worker. Trusted...

I guess I'm getting soft but I feel extremely sad for her. People do crazy things for love...very sad that she had to find love with a....murderer.

Crazy story...

I'll just add that at this point it seems no one else was hurt during their escape....maybe that's her doing. Doesn't excuse anything and in the end she helped a friggin murderer escape.

Last edited:
Good Morning America reported that Casey said, "Help my wife. She's been shot." Does anyone think they actually got married on the run?

The only thing I can think was Mexico was to obvious.

Even if they went to Mexico it would be hard to hide for long from authorities.

Them getting caught is how this was going to always end.

I guess I'm getting soft but I feel extremely sad for her. People do crazy things for love...very sad that she had to find love with a....murderer.

Crazy story...

I'll just add that at this point it seems no one else was hurt during their escape....maybe that's her doing. Doesn't excuse anything and in the end she helped a friggin murderer escape.

People do crazy things for love is probably the ultimate lesson here. And I think she ultimately decided that a week and a half with this guy was worth it. And she ultimately decided I think that life without him wasn't worth living. Because she probably would have gotten out of prison eventually if she took the prison sentence.

Crazy story...

I have some mixed feelings too. I don't like that it ended in a suicide. What happened to her life? It's a waste. I was talking to someone at the gym this morning and they asked me how many years would she have gotten if captured and convicted? Good question. My guess is that because there was no violence, she might have been out in 10 years. Some charges would get dropped, she would plead guilty. The sentences would be stacked up to minimize the time. And, let's be honest, there would have been some sympathy for her. There would be talk of her being under the spell of Casey, or that she'd been devastated by the death of her husband.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT