ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama students throwing 'covid parties'

And wagering on who gets sick first.

https://www.insider.com/alabama-students-covid-parties-bet-on-who-gets-sick-2020-7

These are tomorrows antivaxxers.

Meanwhile, the CDC estimated CFR for infants and toddlers is still at 5% (dropping, so my suspicion now is that MIS-C took so many by surprise, there were >1000 infant deaths from it, which are now being eliminated through awareness and treatment).

And, still, 0.25% of pregnant women are dying from it (1 in 400); just mapping the 4M a year birth rate in the US, that factors out to around 10,000 pregnancy deaths from Covid, if it is allowed to spread unchecked. That's literally what these folks are pushing toward.

Are these summer school students, or "student" all at home?

No in-person classes and campus closed. Very unclear why these idiots are referred to as "students."

BTW, people wondering why the US is lagging behind most of the world in containing covid-19, here's your answer - we have the dumbest and most immature young people in the universe. Where else in the world can you find people deliberately trying to catch the covid?

No in-person classes and campus closed. Very unclear why these idiots are referred to as "students."

Because they are students. When classes re-open they will be part of them. It's likely they're near campus because their leases' had not run out.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaretteman

BTW, people wondering why the US is lagging behind most of the world in containing covid-19, here's your answer - we have the dumbest and most immature young people in the universe. Where else in the world can you find people deliberately trying to catch the covid?

Online students are still students.

When young people see what the old people on TV are telling them is OK (and aligned with what they wanna do), they ignore the science.

This is why we won't have college football this year. Oh, and killing your parents and grandparents to troll the libs.

shhh-ive-got-6ac9380a4c.jpg

Because they are students. When classes re-open they will be part of them. It's likely they're near campus because their leases had not run out.
And likely have jobs in the area. These are the people waiting on you at bars and restaurants and boxing up your takeout orders that many think are so safe.

Wow. . . I know young people can be stupid sometimes, but this is a whole new level.

Reactions: veryold
Roflmao. I am sure they watch TV and listen to trump. Lol.

in about 30 days we will be told every college kid is a trump supporter.

Well this is the University of Alabama not UCLA. This is the University that required the national guard to be called out for a couple black kids to go to school there. I'm going to gamble that University of Alabama students are probably significantly to the right of college students as a whole.

Roflmao. I am sure they watch TV and listen to trump.

They have social media, and are just as impacted by disinformation campaigns and propaganda as their parents are - in fact, going to these Southern schools, you can presume they hear exactly those things FROM their parents.

I see this with cousins and younger relatives who regurgitate what their MAGA parents say. They don't think any of it through, they repeat what they hear. And their parents DO watch Fox News et al.

Meanwhile, the CDC estimated CFR for infants and toddlers is still at 5% (dropping, so my suspicion now is that MIS-C took so many by surprise, there were >1000 infant deaths from it, which are now being eliminated through awareness and treatment).

And, still, 0.25% of pregnant women are dying from it (1 in 400); just mapping the 4M a year birth rate in the US, that factors out to around 10,000 pregnancy deaths from Covid, if it is allowed to spread unchecked. That's literally what these folks are pushing toward.
900,000 kids will die due to abortions this year in the U.S. COVID-19 has some serious work to do to match those numbers.

900,000 kids will die due to abortions this year in the U.S. COVID-19 has some serious work to do to match those numbers.

What does Covid-19 have to do with abortion rates?
Those are unwanted pregnancies.

You're adding in 10,000 wanted pregnancies resulting in deaths.

Well this is the University of Alabama not UCLA. This is the University that required the national guard to be called out for a couple black kids to go to school there. I'm going to gamble that University of Alabama students are probably significantly to the right of college students as a whole.
How is California doing with the virus?

Yep. And they mirror the politics (and propaganda) of their parents.

Not making any claims that Cali is doing better. I'm simply responding that students at the University of Alabama are probably significantly more right wing than college students in general. UCLA students arn't responsible for the whole state of California any more than University of Alabama students are responsible for the whole state of Alabama.

But as yet we have not heard of UCLA or any other university's students purposefully trying to get the virus. So this reflects on the University of Alabama pretty specifically.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Not making any claims that Cali is doing better. I'm simply responding that students at the University of Alabama are probably significantly more right wing than college students in general. UCLA students arn't responsible for the whole state of California any more than University of Alabama students are responsible for the whole state of Alabama.

But as yet we have not heard of UCLA or any other university's students purposefully trying to get the virus. So this reflects on the University of Alabama pretty specifically.
It’s stupidity. Not politics.

Reactions: cfbfan23
Wow. . . I know young people can be stupid sometimes, but this is a whole new level.

I probable overstated it, but we do have a unique issue with these young people. I'm not seeing this in other countries.

FUNFACT: The affluent areas of CA can be just as "red" as Alabama. 'Member the lady who called the police because the drive-thru wouldn't sell her a certain burger meal? Pretty sure that's the entitled type that's gonna vote MAGA.

I probable overstated it, but we do have a unique issue with these young people. I'm not seeing this in other countries.

I wouldn't entirely discount this but I'm not sure if there is any statistical evidence we can use to back it.

I would say that I feel like higher education in the United States often seems to come culturally with a party scene that I don't think you see in other countries. I could be wrong on this but it seems like plenty of college students in the US go to a college specifically for the parties. I don't think you would find a similar cultural attitude in other nations.

Joe politicizes everything. And, this one is laughable.

Uh, no. These kids will mirror the attitudes of their parents. And if their parents have swallowed the "this is just the flu" line, the kids will do the same.

Oh I agree, but the stupidity which ignores and minimizes the virus seems more common on the right.
And the lefties that damaged or destroyed 1500 buildings in Minneapolis are the smart ones?

maybe you prefer the BLM protestors in Des Moines ? The ones that met with the city to voice their ideas to improve the situation and came up with legal weed and felons getting to vote? Clearly those are issues that all intelligent people think will help kids break the cycle of inner city poverty.

And the lefties that damaged or destroyed 1500 buildings in Minneapolis are the smart ones?

maybe you prefer the BLM protestors in Des Moines ? The ones that met with the city to voice their ideas to improve the situation and came up with legal weed and felons getting to vote? Clearly those are issues that all intelligent people think will help kids break the cycle of inner city poverty.

I'm not extolling their virtues either. Nor was their intelligence all that great. But they didn't actually do something that was going to harm themselves did they.

I'm not extolling their virtues either. Nor was their intelligence all that great. But they didn't actually do something that was going to harm themselves did they.
Imo destroying the businesses in your own community and stealing their contents is harmful.

Imo destroying the businesses in your own community and stealing their contents is harmful.

Certainly is harmful to others. And in a greater sense harmful to the whole community. But the problem is our country culturally is terrible at seeing things through a communal lens. So just like the right can't see the harm they do to the community by refusing to wear a mask. These people can't see the harm they do to the whole community by destroying businesses.

All most people in this country see anymore is themselves.

Link for the women? CDC?

Link for the women? CDC?

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/covid-19-is-killing-children-at-an-astounding-rate.320472/

Peruse all of it. They are CDC raw numbers.

The demographics link as of 5:45 PM 7/1 indicates:

102103 deaths, 0-4 age group at 1.6% or 1634
2247793 cases, 0-4 age group at 1.4% or 31469

1634/31469 = 5.2% currently, down from 6% when they included 'actual' numbers in the bar graphs over a week ago (those numbers are included in the thread).

Here's the post with pregnancy numbers:
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...an-astounding-rate.320472/page-5#post-7865828

I'm sure it's happening everywhere, or will happen everywhere this September. Iowa City is not immune to idiots.

I'm sure it's happening everywhere, or will happen everywhere this September. Iowa City is not immune to idiots.

Well people will probably go to football games which is dumb but they won't be going specifically to get COVID they will be going to watch football.

Read the article. . . These people got a party together and asked friends who they knew had tested positive for COVID to come to the party.

That's not just putting yourself at big risk for some other enjoyment or entertainment value. That's essentially volunteering to get COVID for the fun of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT