ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama's Elite OL Recruiting Will Bury Proctor

It's a bitter sweet pill to swallow watching the highest rated recruit in Hawkeye history decommit at the last second. Proctor's parting words, that he was "settling on Iowa and ashamed to be the only elite recruit in his class" tells us everything we need to know about how the kid thinks of himself.

However, it brings me solace to look at the crop of OL recruits Proctor will now have to compete with just to see the field. He's in for a rude awakening.

Rather than being "the man," Proctor will quickly become lost in the shuffle. He's no bigger, stronger, or more athletic than 4 other OL recruits in his own Alabama recruiting class. In Proctor's class, Bama has already reeled in:

Alinen: 6'7, 310, 4 star
Proctor: 6'8, 335, 5 star
McVay: 6'7, 336, 4 star
McElderry: 6'4, 325, 4 star
Formby: 6'8, 306, 4 star

Then there are the guys ahead of them. In 2021 and 2022, Alabama signed:

Pritchett: 6'7, 290, 5 star
Brockermeyer: 6'6, 288, 5 star
Latham: 6'6, 310, 5 star
Ferguson: 6'4, 310, 4 star
Booker: 6'5, 335, 4 star
Shor: 6'5, 325, 4 star
Roberts: 6'5, 330, 3 star

Good luck, buddy. You're going to need it. You're not going to be blocking 6'1, 230 lb boys from Fort Dodge anymore.
Did he really say he was "ashamed to be the only elite recruit in his class" at Iowa?

I've read a few pieces that had his comments and I didn't see that one anywhere. If he didn't actually say that and you come posting here putting it in quotes as if he did say that, wow, that's a pretty sh*tty thing to do and is a pretty pathetic way to cope.

I was assured that Ross P. was going to be recruited over and lost in the fray as well.

We’ll see how it goes.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT