ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama's Elite OL Recruiting Will Bury Proctor

It's a bitter sweet pill to swallow watching the highest rated recruit in Hawkeye history decommit at the last second. Proctor's parting words, that he was "settling on Iowa and ashamed to be the only elite recruit in his class" tells us everything we need to know about how the kid thinks of himself.

However, it brings me solace to look at the crop of OL recruits Proctor will now have to compete with just to see the field. He's in for a rude awakening.

Rather than being "the man," Proctor will quickly become lost in the shuffle. He's no bigger, stronger, or more athletic than 4 other OL recruits in his own Alabama recruiting class. In Proctor's class, Bama has already reeled in:

Alinen: 6'7, 310, 4 star
Proctor: 6'8, 335, 5 star
McVay: 6'7, 336, 4 star
McElderry: 6'4, 325, 4 star
Formby: 6'8, 306, 4 star

Then there are the guys ahead of them. In 2021 and 2022, Alabama signed:

Pritchett: 6'7, 290, 5 star
Brockermeyer: 6'6, 288, 5 star
Latham: 6'6, 310, 5 star
Ferguson: 6'4, 310, 4 star
Booker: 6'5, 335, 4 star
Shor: 6'5, 325, 4 star
Roberts: 6'5, 330, 3 star

Good luck, buddy. You're going to need it. You're not going to be blocking 6'1, 230 lb boys from Fort Dodge anymore.
What a pathetic post (and attitude/outlook) you have .
The dude wants to be surrounded by elite talent. Rising tide raises all ships and all that.
Advocating to be a big fish in a small pond is truly a loser mentality.

The way it was handled I really doubt if things do not work out in Bama that Proctor would seek Iowa as a landing spot nor do I think the Coaches would welcome Him back.

If he transfers the chances of him coming back to Iowa are about as good as me getting my wife and Jennifer Anniston to..........nevermind....its not happening.

I also suspect that Kadyn will hold his own,.. But it really is amazing the amount of pure talent that Alabama is able to buy,.. Some of these guys will eventually be ripe for the portal.
FIFY

Screw the Proctor clan.

Decommitting the day before signing day was horseshit. Even if he let the Iowa staff know before Tuesday, it was unethical.
And now playing the victim card after using people with zero integrity for his greed. Nope, no sympathy extended to this behavior whatsoever. He harmed other people in this process needlessly. Momma's boy is not an innocent victim of meanie Iowa fans. The arrogance is new for me though. Wow.

He’s not moving inside at 6’8”. This kid is an OT all the way.

Decreases his flexibility to only OT positions if that is the case.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

I share OP’s sentiment about the level of competition at Alabama, easy to get lost in the depth chart. Whereas at Iowa he’d likely be a day 1 starter and receive a lot more individual attention and coaching.

I have no idea how Bama is able to haul in all these 4/5 stars every year. Many of them have to know they’re taking a big chance they’ll never see the field. Although I’m sure a lot of them think they’re the best thing since sliced bread and the chance of not playing doesn’t occur to them. Also they know they can just transfer out now, which mitigates the risk somewhat.

Reactions: reotto
Smart kid.
Hope they use some of that cash to buy a nice place near Bama's campus, I hear they make Mobile Homes much better than in the past. That is luxury livin down there.
If he transfers the chances of him coming back to Iowa are about as good as me getting my wife and Jennifer Anniston to..........nevermind....its not happening.
That is what Idid state in my post , that Edmund Fitzgerald has sailed

I share OP’s sentiment about the level of competition at Alabama, easy to get lost in the depth chart. Whereas at Iowa he’d likely be a day 1 starter and receive a lot more individual attention and coaching.

I have no idea how Bama is able to haul in all these 4/5 stars every year. Many of them have to know they’re taking a big chance they’ll never see the field. Although I’m sure a lot of them think they’re the best thing since sliced bread and the chance of not playing doesn’t occur to them. Also they know they can just transfer out now, which mitigates the risk somewhat.

Getting proverbially blown everyday by college coaches, females, many in his current HS community will do that to a person.

Don't know the young man, hopefully he blocked all this out and won't affect him. With that said, half of Alabama's OL transferred out for a reason. Symptoms of bad environment for growth as a person or a football player OR both.

At this stage time to move on and stop the whining. Hope we use the freed up NIL money to sign a couple of very solid portal kids.

You mean the coaching from this years OL that helped the offense to being 2nd worst in the country? 💩

You make a good point that some of those players at Bama can get their coaching for a couple of years and if they do not play enough they can transfer and start at that school for a couple of years. The way more relaxed transfer rules might make this more common.

But we also have to wonder what Proctor meant by "settling" for something less.

Google says Proctor was born on Cedar Rapids.

Wikipedia says Ross Pierschbacher was born in Cedar Falls.

That’s what I based it on.
How about you stop mentioning their f—ing names. Second, stop hanging on their jockstraps. Those twats don’t deserve to be spoken about on a Hawkeyes message board. They are dead to us.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
Imagine if the state of Iowa had a slew of 4/5 star football players every year. We all wouldn’t be so shocked about KP. Would have been better had he de-committed sooner but hey if these ridiculous numbers are correct ($5mm over 3yrs) then what is a kid supposed to do. It’s ludicrous
Many states have top recruits leave to other schools. Many times top rivals. Wish Iowa had more top kids coming out of HS. But there it is.
I can only imagine what the Alabama program and culture is going to be like now and going forward. They are a few plays away every year from playing for a NC and they had many starters entering the portal.

This NIL $$ battle is insane now and will only get worse.

Anyone who has had a kid who goes and plays college sports will tell you that it's really hard.... especially mentally. Being closer to home where he can see his support system is important. I think the $$$$ will make it easier, but he's a long way from mom/HS coaches and others giving him encouragement when things get tough. Alabama is not going to baby him if things get tough for him.
How would the money make it easier? He’s not going to be carrying it around with him. If he’s smart he will set up an account. More than likely his mother will be handling it and spending some of his money on her. He’s about to find out what the world is like without his family for support.

It's a bitter sweet pill to swallow watching the highest rated recruit in Hawkeye history decommit at the last second. Proctor's parting words, that he was "settling on Iowa and ashamed to be the only elite recruit in his class" tells us everything we need to know about how the kid thinks of himself.

However, it brings me solace to look at the crop of OL recruits Proctor will now have to compete with just to see the field. He's in for a rude awakening.

Rather than being "the man," Proctor will quickly become lost in the shuffle. He's no bigger, stronger, or more athletic than 4 other OL recruits in his own Alabama recruiting class. In Proctor's class, Bama has already reeled in:

Alinen: 6'7, 310, 4 star
Proctor: 6'8, 335, 5 star
McVay: 6'7, 336, 4 star
McElderry: 6'4, 325, 4 star
Formby: 6'8, 306, 4 star

Then there are the guys ahead of them. In 2021 and 2022, Alabama signed:

Pritchett: 6'7, 290, 5 star
Brockermeyer: 6'6, 288, 5 star
Latham: 6'6, 310, 5 star
Ferguson: 6'4, 310, 4 star
Booker: 6'5, 335, 4 star
Shor: 6'5, 325, 4 star
Roberts: 6'5, 330, 3 star

Good luck, buddy. You're going to need it. You're not going to be blocking 6'1, 230 lb boys from Fort Dodge anymore.
Maybe, but high caliber players don't have the, "I will lose mindset." I'm sure he believes he will compete, be pushed harder due to the quality of athletes, and achieve more as a result, while coming out on top.

I hope some of Alabama extra o linemen put their names in the transfer portal after the bowl games.
I think the Hawks would be willing to give them a chance to develop their craft in Iowa City.

What a pathetic post (and attitude/outlook) you have .
The dude wants to be surrounded by elite talent. Rising tide raises all ships and all that.
Advocating to be a big fish in a small pond is truly a loser mentality.
Doesn’t want to go against Iowas elite defense day in and day out.

Doesn’t want to go against Iowas elite defense day in and day out.
You spend much more time with your position group than you do 1v1 or inside run day in and day out in college. Not to mention, theres no way to assure iowa D wont go the way of the oline in the next 3-4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT