ADVERTISEMENT

Alan Dershowitz: Prosecution hid the main witness, because they did not believe her story. He thinks Ghislaine Maxwell will be convicted anyway.

Titus Andronicus

HR Legend
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2002
Las Vegas, NV

Alan Dershowitz: Prosecution Hid ‘Main Witness’ at Ghislaine Maxwell Trial​

In this Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019 file photo, Virginia Giuffre, who says she was trafficked by sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, holds a news conference outside a Manhattan court in New York. On Monday, Aug. 9, 2021, Giuffre sued Prince Andrew saying he sexually assaulted her when she was 17. Lawyers …

ROBERT KRAYCHIK21 Dec 2021

Federal prosecutors withheld their “main witness,” Virginia Giuffre, in the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, Harvard Law School Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz said on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Sunday with host Joel Pollak. Maxwell is charged with six crimes: conspiracy to entice minors to travel to engage in illegal sex acts, enticement of a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts, conspiracy to transport minors with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, sex trafficking conspiracy, and sex trafficking of a minor.

Dershowitz said the government kept Giuffre out of the trial due to her lack of credibility. He remarked, “I’m not neutral on this, because the woman who brought this case to the attention of the government, the woman who blew the whistle — the main witness — also accused me of having sex with her, and I proved conclusively — through her own diaries, through her own lawyer, through our own emails — that it would be impossible for me to have ever met her.”

He continued, “David Boies, [Giuffre’s] own lawyer, says on tape it would be impossible for me to meet her, and she’s wrong, simply wrong. Her other lawyer said she never had sex with prominent people, and so the government quite deliberately didn’t use Virginia Giuffre, this lying witness. They didn’t use her. So there’s an empty chair at the trial, the key witness, the one who brought attention to this case, the one who said she was trafficked to all these rich people … the government decided not to use her because they didn’t believe her. Prosecutors “didn’t think [Giuffre] was credible,” Dershowitz added. He said the government’s prosecution of Maxwell is driven by her proximity to Jeffrey Epstein rather than the strength of evidence against her.

“There are a lot of holes in the case,” he said of the government’s prosecution of Maxwell. “If her name was Jane Smith and if her boyfriend were John Smith — not Jeffrey Epstein — there would have been an acquittal. There wouldn’t have been a prosecution, but because this is really a surrogate trial for Epstein, it’s going to be very hard for her to get an acquittal, because if she gets an acquittal, I think people will say, ‘Oh my god, that means that Epstein got acquitted.'”

Dershowitz concluded, “I think that it’s going to be very hard for her to get fair trial. The fact that she was not let out on bail and she was kept in terrible conditions for all this period of time is also suggestive about the unfairness. So again, I can’t make a prediction, but there should not be a conviction in that case.”

Alan Dershowitz: Prosecution Hid ‘Main Witness’ at Ghislaine Maxwell Trial​

In this Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019 file photo, Virginia Giuffre, who says she was trafficked by sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, holds a news conference outside a Manhattan court in New York. On Monday, Aug. 9, 2021, Giuffre sued Prince Andrew saying he sexually assaulted her when she was 17. Lawyers …

ROBERT KRAYCHIK21 Dec 2021

Federal prosecutors withheld their “main witness,” Virginia Giuffre, in the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, Harvard Law School Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz said on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Sunday with host Joel Pollak. Maxwell is charged with six crimes: conspiracy to entice minors to travel to engage in illegal sex acts, enticement of a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts, conspiracy to transport minors with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, sex trafficking conspiracy, and sex trafficking of a minor.

Dershowitz said the government kept Giuffre out of the trial due to her lack of credibility. He remarked, “I’m not neutral on this, because the woman who brought this case to the attention of the government, the woman who blew the whistle — the main witness — also accused me of having sex with her, and I proved conclusively — through her own diaries, through her own lawyer, through our own emails — that it would be impossible for me to have ever met her.”

He continued, “David Boies, [Giuffre’s] own lawyer, says on tape it would be impossible for me to meet her, and she’s wrong, simply wrong. Her other lawyer said she never had sex with prominent people, and so the government quite deliberately didn’t use Virginia Giuffre, this lying witness. They didn’t use her. So there’s an empty chair at the trial, the key witness, the one who brought attention to this case, the one who said she was trafficked to all these rich people … the government decided not to use her because they didn’t believe her. Prosecutors “didn’t think [Giuffre] was credible,” Dershowitz added. He said the government’s prosecution of Maxwell is driven by her proximity to Jeffrey Epstein rather than the strength of evidence against her.

“There are a lot of holes in the case,” he said of the government’s prosecution of Maxwell. “If her name was Jane Smith and if her boyfriend were John Smith — not Jeffrey Epstein — there would have been an acquittal. There wouldn’t have been a prosecution, but because this is really a surrogate trial for Epstein, it’s going to be very hard for her to get an acquittal, because if she gets an acquittal, I think people will say, ‘Oh my god, that means that Epstein got acquitted.'”

Dershowitz concluded, “I think that it’s going to be very hard for her to get fair trial. The fact that she was not let out on bail and she was kept in terrible conditions for all this period of time is also suggestive about the unfairness. So again, I can’t make a prediction, but there should not be a conviction in that case.”
He's a client

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
LOL. AD was a decent legal theorist at one time, but as a trial lawyer he's slipping. A decent lawyer would know to keep your mouth shut. Bringing up your own involvement seems like a guilty conscience poking through.
... or an innocent man who holds a grudge against a wrongful accuser and is just waiting for a chance to legally sue her for defamation. He has poked back at her in the media on several occasions. He is clearly very angry about having been dragged into this situation.

He is not waiting for it to die down and go away. He wants retribution.

I personally do not think any informed person in our society would pick a grudge with this fellow. She clearly did not know anything about him, and likely had only seen him on TV. A number of beaten-up rich duffers were in Epstein's circle. Those guys probably looked identical to a 15 year-old girl; Bags under their eyes, drooping jowls, bald heads, no muscle tone, stooped over, Coke bottle glasses, and so on.

One other point;

Women signing NDA's and accepting money for doing so should be held to the terms of the deal. Virginia Giuffre, Stormy Daniels, Rachel Uchitel and others have been breaking sworn-to agreements after they realized they had made a bad deal in light of later developments.

This dynamic appears to be spreading to the wider population. Come forward and announce that the time you banged Chris Noth in an office on the set of "Sex and the City" was not signed off on by yourself at the time.

You are likely to get some meaningful dollars.

It used to be that these instances of fleeting, for fun sex were remembered for all time as just that. Women would tell cute stories about having met and having had random sex with any of a number of TV and movie celebrities. Even daughters and granddaughters were in the loop.

Times have changed it would seem ...

... except that now, Alan Dershowitz, President Trump, and Tiger Woods are suing in return.

Last edited:
Who was a client? and of whom?

I am not quite sure I understand.

... or an innocent man who holds a grudge against a wrongful accuser and is just waiting for a chance to legally sue her for defamation. He has poked back at her in the media on several occasions. He is clearly very angry about having been dragged into this situation.

He is not waiting for it to die down and go away. He wants retribution.

I personally do not think any informed person in our society would pick a grudge with this fellow. She clearly did not know anything about him, and likely had only seen him on TV. A number of beaten-up rich duffers were in Epstein's circle. Those guys probably looked identical to a 15 year-old girl; Bags under their eyes, drooping jowls, bald heads, no muscle tone, stooped over, Coke bottle glasses, and so on.
Derschowitz has been to pedo island

Reactions: mstp1992
So everyone who flew on Epstein's plane to Little St. James had a brokerage account with him, or did legal work for him? I am not sure either of those things has been suggested in the case of Alan Dershowitz.
He represented Epstein and got personal favors from him in return. He also has been a huge proponent of lowering the age of consent to just after puberty. Additionally, his former law students said that he spent a lot of time discussing rape in class particularly when it came the high bar needed for accusations.

A post-trial update:

It seems that one of the jurors left out a certain detail when filling out his questionnaire;

He claimed after the trial that he had been abused as a child and that he had effectively used these experiences to change a few minds during deliberation.

The questionnaire had specifically asked about this sort of stuff and he had not mentioned it.

Off we go again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT