ADVERTISEMENT

Albert Pujols is reportedly heading back to the St. Louis Cardinals on 1-year deal

The way he is ending the season, will he come back to try to break 700 if he does not get there, and maybe make run at the Babe for third place all time? He is only at 21 away from tying him. Sidebar it amazes me A Rod never stayed around to break 700.

The way he is ending the season, will he come back to try to break 700 if he does not get there, and maybe make run at the Babe for third place all time? He is only at 21 away from tying him. Sidebar it amazes me A Rod never stayed around to break 700.

I kinda doubt it especially if Yadi leaves - who apparently in a very recent interview stated this season is indeed his last.

The Selfish Me wants Albert to keep playing if he's effective. The Realist Me believes that eventually Father Time will make the (MLB skills) kill. When the bat speed goes, it'll be like a light switch.

I never saw this coming...even though when he went to the Dodgers last year he began crushing lefties like he is this year. I thought he'd bat lefty starters only, and with that it meant maybe 1 start out of 5 games on average, plus some PH'ing. Then he started slowly, and I sort of was expecting him to retire in-season.

Then this incredible run started...whodathunk it really. If he stays relatively hot though, he'll top 700 for sure yet this year. He's hitting lasers.

I just never wanted Yadi, Waino and AP to stay one season too long. Looks like Yadi definitely did - but not AP and Waino. I mean Yadi is still great at handling pitchers...but he's one of the worst MLB hitters there is this year...it's time to go.

Reactions: noleclone2
Roughly 3 weeks to get 3 more home runs. I thought post season HRs counted toward your totals, read somewhere today they don’t.

Congrats on 700. I never thought he'd get there this year. It sucks it was on Apple TV on the West Coast so most people didn't/couldn't watch it. If he couldn't have done it at Busch, it's pretty cool he did it at Dodger stadium.

The question is would you keep the 700 ball, sell it to someone, or give it to Pujols?

I feel like I would just give it to him but the I looked up Bond's 700 ball sold for 804K

The question is would you keep the 700 ball, sell it to someone, or give it to Pujols?

I feel like I would just give it to him but the I looked up Bond's 700 ball sold for 804K

Yeah....man

I'd hate to give AP that kind of tax bill

#GiftTaxes

I listened to part of the Dodgers / Cardinals game last night, and I wonder if he will stick around for another year? Nice to know that the guy who has given up the most homers to Pujols is Ryan Dempster, but not all of them were as a Cub. Weird that the most homers he's hit against one team is the Astros. I would have thought it was the Cubs or Brewers. I assume the crossover from the NL to the AL boy the Astros put them ahead of the NL Central teams.

I listened to part of the Dodgers / Cardinals game last night, and I wonder if he will stick around for another year? Nice to know that the guy who has given up the most homers to Pujols is Ryan Dempster, but not all of them were as a Cub. Weird that the most homers he's hit against one team is the Astros. I would have thought it was the Cubs or Brewers. I assume the crossover from the NL to the AL boy the Astros put them ahead of the NL Central teams.
Pujols went from NL Central to AL West just like Astros only a year or two before they did.

I’d sell it, but only to him, the Cardinals, or the HOF.

FdY-kQiX0AIXdXl

The Astros were in the NL Central through 2012, so Albert only missed one year where Houston was not in his division...

I'd give it to him for free. As a baseball fan, I wouldn't even consider it mine. A ball like that belongs to the guy who hit it.

Reactions: Urohawk
The average age of baseball fans is 57
So older folks don’t know how apps work or know someone who does. My 69 year old dad who hates computers, doesn’t have a smart phone but has a smart tv and a fire stick. Did I have to set it up, yep but he uses it and does not have cable. Streams everything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT