ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Alex Mota commits to Iowa***

Didn't know that Alex was that close to graduation. He'll stay through graduation and enter the portal as a grad student with two years to play. Spencer will probably gut it out as no. 2 next season, he's been here forever. There's probably no where he's likely to start.

As of now? SURE!

None have left. Send me your money.

Who is leaving?
Got it.
Change your reply to one has left since the end of the year.
Until the start of the season we’re all clueless but can speculate.

I, too, have watched Mota since he was in junior high. Tremendous athlete and always smiling.

You can see how much his high school teammates like the guy.

I see him as a special teamer to start off with.

Talking with some Marion fans, it sounds like ISU was listed as a courtesy, along with his visits to Ames. He was always Iowa's to lose.

Last edited:
I predict Mota is going to be a helluva player for Iowa. I'm thinking probably WR, maybe DB. Either way he will help win Big Ten and bowl games for the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: millhawk
I predict Moa is going to be a helluva player for Iowa. I'm thinking probably WR, maybe DB. Either way he will help win Big Ten and bowl games for the Hawkeyes.
When you add him with Kyler Kasper on the other side and Markway as the tight end off the line with all three being thrown to by Lainez, who will have Proctor protecting his blindside, I’m liking this class a lot and think it will only get better with more 4 star lineman and running backs to go with the ones that are already in the program. Iowa better go beast mode on the offensive side of the ball with these standouts on campus and coming in the next year or two.

When you add him with Kyler Kasper on the other side and Markway as the tight end off the line with all three being thrown to by Lainez, who will have Proctor protecting his blindside, I’m liking this class a lot and think it will only get better with more 4 star lineman and running backs to go with the ones that are already in the program. Iowa better go beast mode on the offensive side of the ball with these standouts on campus and coming in the next year or two.

Replace Lainez with May and I think you have it nailed nicely for the years 2024 & 2025. :cool:👍

Unless maybe one or two leave via portal.

None are leaving.

Got it.
Change your reply to one has left since the end of the year.
Until the start of the season we’re all clueless but can speculate.
Here I would surmise that it all depends on whether there is a "clear victor" in the QB competition coming out of the spring. If someone has "taken over" and has the lead by a margin ... then sure, I could see someone leaving.

However, by the end of spring, I truly wouldn't be shocked if we see the QB situation stuck in a 3-way tie. Part of what Petras is battling is psychological. Given Spencer's experience ... he should, in principle, be able to distance himself from the others. However, overcoming psychological issues is easier said than done. If he still feels that phantom pressure ... if he still cannot trust his protection ... hell, if he still cannot trust himself ... then the progress really might continue to stagnate for him. In such a case ... the door truly is WIDE OPEN for Padilla and Labas to saunter on through.

However, given that Padilla and Labas have limited experience ... they don't have quite as much to draw upon as it relates to learning from past mistakes, etc. Thus, how much will they be able to take advantage of the opportunity that is before them?

If it's a two-way or three-way tie ... I could see everybody still returning for the fall.

You have to remember that Labas would be feeling the least pressure in terms of eligibility. Thus, should Petras "win" ... Labas is still far enough removed eligibility-wise ... he could stick around and still have a chance to be a multi-year starter.

I personally have no idea what to expect from our QB competition. All I can say is that I actually do believe the coaches when they say that they feel like they have two guys (Petras and Padilla) who can lead the O. Now the question is who will be able to lead it and produce!?

Reactions: rchawk
I was there for those races.

The WAMAC is one of the toughest in the State.

The three kids you mentioned are as even as you can get. Mota won't be ready to contribute when he hits campus, but he's an elite athlete with a bright future.
Sure.
That time would be barely in top 10 for 4a.
Hes a good athlete and i see a good future.

How can you use “think” and “isu” in the same sentence. Goes together as well as “conference champions” and “isu”.
Now the second question you're spot on. You missed on sentence one, however. You can easily use "think" and "isu" together.

For example, I think isu fans have perverse carnal congress with livestock. It virtually roles off the tongue.

ADVERTISEMENT