ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Padilla a better option

Iowa Hog

HR MVP
Sep 30, 2001
Spencer Petras may be as good as Alex Padilla, but with no protection Padilla seems able to make things happen. A bad start, but Padilla has not played much this year. I don't know why Brian Ferentz had
Iowa throw over the middle where balls are often intercepted and Petras throws hard and high After Campbell intercepted that pass, Petras threw right over the middle coverage for an interception and Iowa had a player 10 yards further down field who would have scored a touchdown as nobody was near.

Given a problem, an algorithm AA is a set of well-defined instructions that runs in a finite amount of time and space. It receives an input II and returns an output OO that satisfies the constraints of the problem.
Marshall_Applewhite.jpg

I don’t think it matters who plays qb the rest of the way. If we win games, it will probably be because the defense put up enough points to do so. If we lost it will be because we couldn’t score on defense. I’d prefer Padilla next week, just because I’m burned out from watching Petras. You know what we’ll get with him. I think we know what we will get with Padilla but there’s a glimmer of hope until Northwestern shuts us down.

Let alex practice with the first team 80% of the time next week and start him against NW. If Iowa scores 10+ legit points then he's "the guy"
That sounds reasonable given the large body of evidence that has shown Petras is not good. Alex isn't good either, but in a much smaller body of work. And he at least brings below average mobility to the position. Yes, I meant below average which is a step up from the zero mobility of the current starter.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
I think it can be summed up as, better option? Maybe. Worse option? Absolutely not. It can’t get worse. And that’s the upside to making the change. It can’t get worse.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
ADVERTISEMENT