ADVERTISEMENT

Alexey Navalny arrested as he returned to Russia.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Opposition leader Alexey Navalny was arrested after spending the last five months in Germany recovering from an assassination attempt on his life carried out by Russian security forces.
Anyone else remember when the US had the moral standing to condemn things like this? US / Russia relations are going to be very rocky as Biden stiffens up to Putin.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/europe/alexey-navalny-return-russia-germany-grm-intl/index.html
This is the kind of thing 70 million of us voted for.

Nah, he's a patriot - not the fake patriot that the magats call themselves, but the real kind - someone willing to risk his life in order to better his country.

I understand your point, but I think he could have done more for his country from abroad....alive

I understand your point, but I think he could have done more for his country from abroad....alive

There was actually a very long and very interesting discussion about this on NPR and the fact that you have significantly power and moral authority being out of the county. Change happens internally and not externally,.

There was actually a very long and very interesting discussion about this on NPR and the fact that you have significantly power and moral authority being out of the county. Change happens internally and not externally,.

The problem is Russia's centuries of history. Democracy never has been respected. Only authoritarians.

The problem is Russia's centuries of history. Democracy never has been respected. Only authoritarians.

Russian's history is complicated (like most developed nations) and what is considered Russian involves so many different cultures and areas. Nonetheless, I found it interesting when one of the Russian commentators stated that revolution or political change in Russia happens quickly (See 1905, 1917, 1989 fall of the wall and 1992 dissolution of the union) that if you want to make it happen in Russia, you need to be there.

Russian's history is complicated (like most developed nations) and what is considered Russian involves so many different cultures and areas. Nonetheless, I found it interesting when one of the Russian commentators stated that revolution or political change in Russia happens quickly (See 1905, 1917, 1989 fall of the wall and 1992 dissolution of the union) that if you want to make it happen in Russia, you need to be there.

We could talk about this for hours. I took every class U of I offered in history/political science about USSR and Russia. It is a backwards nation.

2012SouthParkScreenGrab021012.jpg

We could talk about this for hours. I took every class U of I history offered in history/political science. It is a backwards nation.

My great grandparents escaped during the Bolshevik revolution. Apparently, my great grandfather was pretty prominent in the Tzar circle and would have been executed. He ended up consulting on movies and apart of the russian actors club. Both are buried in the old Hollywood cemetery off Santa Monica Blvd (next to Paramount Studios). It's a huge cemetery for the Russian-Greek Orthodox church, as well as old Hollywood actors. I am, by no means, well versed in Russian history....but find it fascinating.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Poisoned twice and still goes back to the lion’s den in attempt to spur democratic change and oust Putin. That’s character.
It’s basically every classic Russian novel I’ve ever read.

Lenin didn't stay in Switzerland...

I always wondered why he went back. He could have had a much better platform in the west. My condolences to his family including his daughters. I hope Putin and most of Russia rot in hell.

MAGA is simultaneously blocking aid to the side fighting against Putin, while arguing in court that the US president should be immune from this same behavior.

Hard not to draw conclusions regarding the motives of these two actions.

Get to the polls and vote against dictatorship.

The MSM sure has their panties in a collective twist over this (alleged) murder. They couldn't be bothered to shed any crocodile tears when an American journalist died in Zelenskyy's authoritarian regime in January.

And they sure don't seem to have much sympathy for Julian Assange; the journalist languishing in prison awaiting extradition to the US for (wait for it...............) exposing the war crimes of the US government and military.

But, damn! Some neo-nazi insurrectionist dies in prison in a country halfway around the world and they lose their ever loving minds. These are the same people who would literally be orgasmic to see each and every J6 insurrectionist suffer the same fate in their American cells.

Humans are strange and horrible creatures. :rolleyes:

The MSM sure has their panties in a collective twist over this (alleged) murder. They couldn't be bothered to shed any crocodile tears when an American journalist died in Zelenskyy's authoritarian regime in January.

And they sure don't seem to have much sympathy for Julian Assange; the journalist languishing in prison awaiting extradition to the US for (wait for it...............) exposing the war crimes of the US government and military.

But, damn! Some neo-nazi insurrectionist dies in prison in a country halfway around the world and they lose their ever loving minds. These are the same people who would literally be orgasmic to see each and every J6 insurrectionist suffer the same fate in their American cells.

Thanks, Tucker!

Reactions: cigaretteman

charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-johnny-depp.gif

ADVERTISEMENT