ADVERTISEMENT

All-Heller squad

2bagger22

HR Heisman
Sep 9, 2008
Cold One City, USA
Heller has now been at Iowa for 7 years and accomplished more than any coach in the program’s history. Who do you take at each position and weekend lineup?

C: Tyler Cropley
1B: Jake Adams
2B: Mitchell Boe
3B: Matt Hoeg
SS: Mason McCoy
LF: Chris Whelan
CF: Joel Booker
RF: Robert Neustrom

Friday Starter: Nick Gallagher
Saturday Starter: Tyler Peyton
Sunday Starter: Blake Hickman
Setup Man: Ryan Erickson
Closer: Grant Leonard

Heller has now been at Iowa for 7 years and accomplished more than any coach in the program’s history. Who do you take at each position and weekend lineup?

C: Tyler Cropley
2B: Mitchell Boe
3B: Matt Hoeg
LF: Chris Whelan
CF: Joel Booker
RF: Robert Neustrom

Friday Starter: Nick Gallagher
Saturday Starter: Tyler Peyton
Sunday Starter: Blake Hickman
Setup Man: Ryan Erickson
Closer: Grant Leonard

C: Cropley
2B: Mitch Boe
3B: Nick Day
OF: Joel Booker
OF: Robert Neustrom
OF: Chris Whelan
SP: Nick Allgeyer
SP: Nick Gallagher
SP: Blake Hickman
RP: Josh Martsching
CP: Nick Hibbing

What you are asking is extremely difficult to do. This list doesn’t feel complete without Calvin Mathews, Nick Roscetti, Zach Daniels, Jake Yachinich. Then this year not a full sample size. We had some guys that I feel were going to do great things.

Mangler??? Peyton???? Toole???? come on guys

Mangler is worthy of mention, but he wasn’t as good defensively as Boe. Same with Toole, just not at the level as the other three during their beat years. I really struggled between Peyton and Allgeyer, but when you look at the numbers Allgeyer was one of the best starters under Heller. He didn’t get the support offensively he deserved.

Reactions: 2bagger22
I watched em all. Mangler was a WAY better all around player. Boe was the glue for his last two years on the infield and the most solid defensively, but Mango was as clutch of a hitter as Heller had and played well defensively too. Toole was BEST defensive outfielder Heller had, but hitting was much less than the others. Peyton for all around. Pitching was good, but hitting was tremendous. Maybe as DH, because hard to throw out Jake at first.

I watched em all. Mangler was a WAY better all around player. Boe was the glue for his last two years on the infield and the most solid defensively, but Mango was as clutch of a hitter as Heller had and played well defensively too. Toole was BEST defensive outfielder Heller had, but hitting was much less than the others. Peyton for all around. Pitching was good, but hitting was tremendous. Maybe as DH, because hard to throw out Jake at first.

I'll give you Toole over Whelan. Whelan was a gamer, but so was Toole. I could come around to Mango over Boe, too.

I don’t think Toole was better defensively than Booker.

ADVERTISEMENT