ADVERTISEMENT

All my kids watch is YouTube and it's all so frigging stupid, especially this one today I watched

BABiscuit

HR Legend
Jul 4, 2001
The boys watch this Mr Beast guy and people playing video games. The daughter watches this zamfam shit. It's so dumb and it makes me so made to know these people just raking in the money on this stupid shit. They also watch videos that mostly seem to be somebody getting treated like shit for some reason, but then that person turns out great and the person that treated them like shit looks like an ahole.

This one video today was a bit different, but I would guess was tied to the videos with the aholes. Mom is throwing party for daughter with down syndrome. Maybe 8th grade or freshman. Girl hands out an invitation to a classmate and she is super excited to go the girls party. Another classmate asks if she can come to the party. WTF? Who just asks if they can come to a party when you know there are invites being handed out? Lucky for her, she was the next invite. Everybody so excited, even the teacher, who is also getting an invite.

Well, none of these little bitches show up. Not a single person comes to the party. Girl is sad, mom feels horrible, probably pissed at herself for not asking for RSVP's or maybe inviting family or her own friends to make sure this doesn't happen. I'm like, this happened IRL, she's going to put something on social media and a bunch of people are going to show up. It's a nice story. I was close. Mom goes on the internet and tells this sad story about the party and then pleas for people to send her daughter a gift. Gave an address and everything. She loves unicorns. Or just send her a message wishing her happy birthday. Maybe just lead with the message and don't ask the internet to send your daughter a gift. These people weren't poor.

Anyway, flash forward a few days and girl is still super sad. Mailman knocks at the door and is like, we got a shitload of boxes for you. Mom is like, OMG, they are for you because people love you. She's like, how did people know and mom is like, don't f ucking worry about it. And then the mom looks at her phone and is like, oh shit, girl you got tons of messages from people. WTF? Did you seriously go on the internet and make this plea for gifts and messages and then not check your phone for any messages for several days? Maybe those messages would have cheered up your daughter.

And then, one of these little bitches shows up and is like I'm here for the party. They are like, what are you doing here, parties done? Little bitch is actually not a bitch and was super excited for the party. She's like what are you talking about, we are all here. And all the other people show up, including the teacher, who apparently road with the kids to the party. They are all excited for the party. Including some boy that made a pink shirt that said Unicorn Squad. He did that on his own. None of the other kids had the shirts. He didn't seem to have one for the bday girl. He just made a shirt for a unicorn squad and he's the only person in it.

Turns out this mom put the wrong date on the invitations. A handwritten invitation. She wrote the wrong date on every one of them. WTF? This stupid lady screws up the invitation and then runs to the internet and asks people to send her daughter gifts, and its all due to you messing up the date of the party? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! And how did they not figure this out before then? They acted like the bday girl just sat around for days being sad. They were in school for the invites. Did nobody ask about the girl if she skipped classes? What was the date on the invite vs the date of the party? Mail doesn't take a week to come so it seems like it would only be 3-4 days later. Was the mom having a party on like a Wednesday or did was the invite for the middle of the week and nobody thought, maybe I should ask about that, it's weird that they'd have a party during the week.

This really bothered me.

The boys watch this Mr Beast guy and people playing video games. The daughter watches this zamfam shit. It's so dumb and it makes me so made to know these people just raking in the money on this stupid shit. They also watch videos that mostly seem to be somebody getting treated like shit for some reason, but then that person turns out great and the person that treated them like shit looks like an ahole.

This one video today was a bit different, but I would guess was tied to the videos with the aholes. Mom is throwing party for daughter with down syndrome. Maybe 8th grade or freshman. Girl hands out an invitation to a classmate and she is super excited to go the girls party. Another classmate asks if she can come to the party. WTF? Who just asks if they can come to a party when you know there are invites being handed out? Lucky for her, she was the next invite. Everybody so excited, even the teacher, who is also getting an invite.

Well, none of these little bitches show up. Not a single person comes to the party. Girl is sad, mom feels horrible, probably pissed at herself for not asking for RSVP's or maybe inviting family or her own friends to make sure this doesn't happen. I'm like, this happened IRL, she's going to put something on social media and a bunch of people are going to show up. It's a nice story. I was close. Mom goes on the internet and tells this sad story about the party and then pleas for people to send her daughter a gift. Gave an address and everything. She loves unicorns. Or just send her a message wishing her happy birthday. Maybe just lead with the message and don't ask the internet to send your daughter a gift. These people weren't poor.

Anyway, flash forward a few days and girl is still super sad. Mailman knocks at the door and is like, we got a shitload of boxes for you. Mom is like, OMG, they are for you because people love you. She's like, how did people know and mom is like, don't f ucking worry about it. And then the mom looks at her phone and is like, oh shit, girl you got tons of messages from people. WTF? Did you seriously go on the internet and make this plea for gifts and messages and then not check your phone for any messages for several days? Maybe those messages would have cheered up your daughter.

And then, one of these little bitches shows up and is like I'm here for the party. They are like, what are you doing here, parties done? Little bitch is actually not a bitch and was super excited for the party. She's like what are you talking about, we are all here. And all the other people show up, including the teacher, who apparently road with the kids to the party. They are all excited for the party. Including some boy that made a pink shirt that said Unicorn Squad. He did that on his own. None of the other kids had the shirts. He didn't seem to have one for the bday girl. He just made a shirt for a unicorn squad and he's the only person in it.

Turns out this mom put the wrong date on the invitations. A handwritten invitation. She wrote the wrong date on every one of them. WTF? This stupid lady screws up the invitation and then runs to the internet and asks people to send her daughter gifts, and its all due to you messing up the date of the party? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! And how did they not figure this out before then? They acted like the bday girl just sat around for days being sad. They were in school for the invites. Did nobody ask about the girl if she skipped classes? What was the date on the invite vs the date of the party? Mail doesn't take a week to come so it seems like it would only be 3-4 days later. Was the mom having a party on like a Wednesday or did was the invite for the middle of the week and nobody thought, maybe I should ask about that, it's weird that they'd have a party during the week.

This really bothered me.
You are going down the rabbit hole now. By the time their algorithm gets through with you, next week you will be watching chiropractor adjust hotties in yoga pants, ancient civilization mystery, music reaction, and failed prank videos 6 hours a day. So I have been told.

You are going down the rabbit hole now. By the time their algorithm gets through with you, next week you will be watching chiropractor adjust hotties in yoga pants, ancient civilization mystery, music reaction, and failed prank videos 6 hours a day. So I have been told.

That feels like my time on TikTok. Except there is always hot chicks no matter where else it takes me. That and t-shirts that are supposed to make me less fat.

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
I really try to closely monitor what my kids watch on YouTube—there’s some really weird shit on there that sneaks in with the kids stuff.

They keep on trying to watch this puppet show called SML that has some hilarious bits but is completely inappropriate for kids.

One day I watched one of my kids watch mr beast count to 10000, I think he skipped past some of it.

There’s a channel called sssniperwolf that I watch with them because it can stray on either side of the appropriate line. Also the woman on the channel is kinda hot in that Zilennial gamer girl kinda way.

Also the woman on the channel is kinda hot in that Zilennial gamer girl kinda way.
I'm not sure what that means, so in the meantime...
chris-hansen-have-a-seat-right-there.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69 and JMNSHO
My 4 year old mostly watches football youtubes. Can name off all the schools for the most part, listens to fight songs as well. He is basically me lol. Watches some cartoons but it's turned to mostly football.

My 2 year old still watches Blippi.

I really try to closely monitor what my kids watch on YouTube—there’s some really weird shit on there that sneaks in with the kids stuff.

They keep on trying to watch this puppet show called SML that has some hilarious bits but is completely inappropriate for kids.

One day I watched one of my kids watch mr beast count to 10000, I think he skipped past some of it.

There’s a channel called sssniperwolf that I watch with them because it can stray on either side of the appropriate line. Also the woman on the channel is kinda hot in that Zilennial gamer girl kinda way.

I'm not sure what that means, so in the meantime...
chris-hansen-have-a-seat-right-there.gif

I looked it up. Turns out she barely squeaks into my (age/2)+7 window. So I’m totally legit not creepy.

images
That’s the only non-educational or informative (though some Vat19 videos she watches stretch that definition) YouTube channel I let the youngest watch. She’s somewhat clever and definitely easy on the eyes.

Reactions: JMNSHO
cliff notes?
  • OP’s kids watch YouTube videos all day and he thinks it’s dumb and a waste of time.
  • OP comes to HROT to bitch about it.
  • OP’s kids see dad posting on message boards to make believe people who pretend to care all day and think it’s dumb and waste of time.

My youngest is obsessed with Rebecca Zamolo and the ZamFam. She also watches some girl named Adley. So obnoxious and annoying but they are laughing all the way to the bank.

This really bothered me.
Very good post, it’s like I was there.

ADVERTISEMENT