ADVERTISEMENT

All the HROT news you need….

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Day #3 of Tulip Time was a rousing success by all accounts. Old, trusted friends from days gone by seated the tulip beds have NEVER looked better ( three separate accounts) and the highlight of the day…
Might have been the Chairman if the Rose Bowl arriving in Pella and extending his personal invitation to the Pella High Band to participate in this years (2023) Rose Biwl parade. It is the school’s second appearance in the Rose Bowl parade… I think it’s a big deal!
So go back to your Saturday night debachery knowing things in the Dutch Village are fine.

Similar threads​

Day #3 of Tulip Time was a rousing success by all accounts. Old, trusted friends from days gone by seated the tulip beds have NEVER looked better ( three separate accounts) and the highlight of the day…
Might have been the Chairman if the Rose Bowl arriving in Pella and extending his personal invitation to the Pella High Band to participate in this years (2023) Rose Biwl parade. It is the school’s second appearance in the Rose Bowl parade… I think it’s a big deal!
So go back to your Saturday night debachery knowing things in the Dutch Village are fine.

Similar threads​

I thought you despised your home town.

Full Moon GIF by NASA

Reactions: goldmom

Similar threads​

Jesus Joel…how hammered were you last night?!

Just tryin’ to keep you guys abreast of the important stuff...you know me...I am all about “Iowa values”...
What could be more “Iowa values” than a local ethnic celebration...and the success of an Iowa public high school! ;)

Just tryin’ to keep you guys abreast of the important stuff...you know me...I am all about “Iowa values”...
What could be more “Iowa values” than a local ethnic celebration...and the success of an Iowa public high school! ;)

Do you plan on going to Hobo Days in Britt? Now, that is a report I want to read. No Dutch please.

Quick recovery bro

Do you plan on going to Hobo Days in Britt? Now, that is a report I want to read. No Dutch please.
My hometown is not Britt.....but I would read someone's jottings on the celebration. I note many things regarding my hometown....and sometimes I will remove my tongue from my cheek.....,.But the "Pella High band thing" is damn serious there....right up there with Tulip Time and churches.....PLUS, that high school marching band is as good as high school band in the (United) States.....This will be the band's 3rd appearance in Pasedena New Year's day.......
A story about how the town feels about the band......
30 years ago or so...the high school basketball team had a player who was a horn player in the jazz band....The kid asked his BB coach if, at halftime he could stay in the gym and play with the "pep band"....The coach (a new hire) said "No".....a controversy resulted, of course.....The "old football coach" who had seen this stuff happen before reportedly told his friends...."Old so and so doesn't know what he is headed for here.....He's gonna learn that here in Pella you don't knock religion, you don't make fun of Tulip Time......and you don't phuque with the high school band!"
The kid played in the pep band at halftime.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I'm actually cool with Joel being our correspondent to all small town Iowa celebrations. He can be to those like Iafbnbb was to shitty chain restaurants reviews.

Reactions: darylhawk
Made it back on Friday to enjoy the food/flowers/family, and was shocked to see an outdoor beer garden in the alley behind the Klokkenspel. That was always one of the things that people that visited TT couldn't believe, how do you have so many people and have no beer tents.
Flowers did look good, and should last long enough to have a bunch of people visit the town again this weekend.

My hometown is not Britt.....but I would read someone's jottings on the celebration. I note many things regarding my hometown....and sometimes I will remove my tongue from my cheek.....,.But the "Pella High band thing" is damn serious there....right up there with Tulip Time and churches.....PLUS, that high school marching band is as good as high school band in the (United) States.....This will be the band's 3rd appearance in Pasedena New Year's day.......
A story about how the town feels about the band......
30 years ago or so...the high school basketball team had a player who was a horn player in the jazz band....The kid asked his BB coach if, at halftime he could stay in the gym and play with the "pep band"....The coach (a new hire) said "No".....a controversy resulted, of course.....The "old football coach" who had seen this stuff happen before reportedly told his friends...."Old so and so doesn't know what he is headed for here.....He's gonna learn that here in Pella you don't knock religion, you don't make fun of Tulip Time......and you don't phuque with the high school band!"
The kid played in the pep band at halftime.

If you were there Friday evening, my son's roommate was the one singing James Taylor on the square with ALMA from Central college.

Pella is a great town with American values and work ethic.
Having been born and raised there, I will admit Pella is better than most but it is the town’s wealth and Dutch heritage that sets it above most other Iowa towns. (Also, the most underestimated asset of Pella might be the influence of Central College has on the value of education there. The college has given Pella what “diversity” the community enjoys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT