ADVERTISEMENT

All you Cesar Rapids Kernel fans…

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Today I played golf with an alumni of yours. I played with Tony Castro who pitched for the Kernels back in the 90’s (93-94?)…He enjoyed his time there but hated “throw back games” as those wool/ flannel uniforms were hot and stinky!
Nice guy.. picked up $25 for closest to the pin…He pitched 9 years professionally… “calcification in his elbow” ended his career.

Today I played golf with an alumni of yours. I played with Tony Castro who pitched for the Kernels back in the 90’s (93-94?)…He enjoyed his time there but hated “throw back games” as those wool/ flannel uniforms were hot and stinky!
Nice guy.. picked up $25 for closest to the pin…He pitched 9 years professionally… “calcification in his elbow” ended his career.

Wow, I remember watching him play! I used to go to Kernels games during those years with my friends on our high school baseball team. He was an oddball. He had an incredible arm though! He could throw a ball from home plate over the fence of both the left and right field power alleys of the old Veterans Memorial Stadium. 380 foot throws, at least. I remember a lot of players from those teams. Steve Gibralter, Brandon Markowitz, Tony Chavev, Chris Smith. Good times!

I got an autograph from Ron Oester back in the day when they were a Reds affiliate.
CSB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT