ADVERTISEMENT

Alumni Committee Dissolved

Stender must be watching the Hawks and is too busy to reply. He is probably pissed the Hawks are up 10.

Come on stender tell us how it really is.

It doesn’t look great, that’s for sure. But hard to say what problem is with half the story.

Either way maybe Kirk can do some “restructuring” at offensive coordinator?
Not so sure Kirk isn't the Offensive issue, perhaps he should let go more, give Brian more of a free rain then he does....I can believe that in his years and Super Bowls with Belichick, Brian doesn't have more to offer.

Ferentz + Coach K are the same person to me. Who they really are, and the image they create for media + fans are two very different things. Ferentz is wicked smart. He has 99% of the Iowa fanbase fooled, as evidenced by the support for him on this thread.

Win 10 games, and all is well. Overlook everything else. That's how it really is HerkyFan!

Ferentz + Coach K are the same person to me. Who they really are, and the image they create for media + fans are two very different things. Ferentz is wicked smart. He has 99% of the Iowa fanbase fooled, as evidenced by the support for him on this thread.

Win 10 games, and all is well. Overlook everything else. That's how it really is HerkyFan!
Just pick and choose what facts count and which ones don’t. It is the clown fan way.

Don’t ever stop.

Last edited:

Wow. Questioning KF’s character now. Why are you here?

I don't watch Iowa bball. Playing zero defense is boring. Watching Tampa Tom!
Winning 51-47 is “exciting” because clown fans say so. You would think that if the clowns defense was so awesome it would turn into more offense. Guess the clowns just suck on the offensive end.

I think this entire conversation is about KF's character. What you allow, you encourage. KF allowed this to happen for 20+ years. That speaks volumes about his character. Most (not all) Hawk fans see what they want to see because losing KF probably means BF is your new coach, and that frightens you (see 250 threads on firing BF as OC).

Yes, 51-47 is exciting. Good defense created 20 turnovers vs. Texas.

Okay, I'm out....NFL game is back on.

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
I think this entire conversation is about KF's character. What you allow, you encourage. KF allowed this to happen for 20+ years. That speaks volumes about his character. Most (not all) Hawk fans see what they want to see because losing KF probably means BF is your new coach, and that frightens you (see 250 threads on firing BF as OC).

51-47 is “exciting” in 1940’s basketball. Feels like another crybaby Pollard billboard, “isu bringing 1940’s basketball to you”.

Reactions: HawkGem10

Clown fans pick and choose facts and only see what they want to see. Why is that stender? That adversarial relationship clown fans have with reality getting in the way again?

To be honest, with coaching, recruiting, game filming ect. does anyone really think having to meet with a committee each month is needed, especially when what needed to be accomplished probably already has been accomplished? I can see maybe meeting a couple times a year, but c'mon, with all the hours a D1 coach spends trying to make these kids better football players, who needs to task more of their time to a committee that at this point is most likely just regurgitating and nit picking old crap that has already been discussed or changed. If I am a coach, I am more worried that my players are ready to play then to take time answering questions to a committee. If they made changes and the players are ok with it, let it go, turn the page and move on.

Typical when you don't like the story you bash the story/authors.

Freaking victim mentality.
Oh my bad. You must work for the media, I should have fricken known shouldn't I. Report what you want and don't worry about all the facts. got it.......

Says a fan of a team who plays in the Big 12 football. The conference of no defense.
Wait, this doesn’t count because clown fans say so. Clown fans are the sole determiners of what facts do and don’t count.

Just that isu “culture” they are always touting.

There are 2 types of committees/boards: those with actual power and those designed to advise. It's very obvious that Porter felt he was the chair of a committee with power, when his task was to advise. This misconception led him to a point where he felt empowered to call for a change in leadership - a hostile takeover, if you will. He grossly overplayed his hand and is out.

That's not say there weren't, and aren't, issues to be dealt with. There was a reason the committee was established. But this particular chapter is about David Porter's amateur attempt to organize a coup he had no power to lead.

To be honest, with coaching, recruiting, game filming ect. does anyone really think having to meet with a committee each month is needed, especially when what needed to be accomplished probably already has been accomplished? I can see maybe meeting a couple times a year, but c'mon, with all the hours a D1 coach spends trying to make these kids better football players, who needs to task more of their time to a committee that at this point is most likely just regurgitating and nit picking old crap that has already been discussed or changed. If I am a coach, I am more worried that my players are ready to play then to take time answering questions to a committee. If they made changes and the players are ok with it, let it go, turn the page and move on.
Yeah, outside of a meeting after the regular season ends, sure feels like most of their meetings should be between January and August, aside from alerting coaches of players reach out to them about something.

Hey stender, you really should tell the NCAA Basketball Committee that you know better than they do as to the quality of a basketball team. Tell them ranking Iowa at #23 in the Net Rankings is completely wrong because they can’t play defense.

Make sure they are fully aware of you being an isu fan and let us now when they will be making the adjustment.

If you REALLY believe that the CEO of this team is a "genuine POS" then its time for you to move on for your own mental health, because the guy is not going anywhere, and Iowa's going to keep right on winning and moving forward, regardless of all this "woke" nonsense. If you really thing this "culture" issue is an Iowa thing and not a national conversation, then your naive or uninformed.
Which other schools have something similar being claimed or reported? By 80+ players? I’ll hang up and listen.

• Haha
Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
Just when I think things are going the right way, this comes out. Dissolving the committee wasn’t a good move on Kirks part. Curious to know which coaches were unprepared and failed or refused to answer the 1 question.
I second and third that - WTF is he thinking? All will just disappear now? He just opened up another can of whoop ass for the media to bulldoze him.. I kinda agree with Porter… need to clean HOUSE

I second and third that - WTF is he thinking? All will just disappear now? He just opened up another can of whoop ass for the media to bulldoze him.. I kinda agree with Porter… need to clean HOUSE
Stupid. He said restructuring. When the chair's agenda becomes clear, that it is to clean house, KF had no choice. Sounds like others agree with KF and Lomax already has come out to state it is Porter's opinion only. Edit- maybe Lomax becomes the chair since his agenda is only to help make things better not to get anyone fired.

Stupid. He said restructuring. When the chair's agenda becomes clear, that it is to clean house, KF had no choice. Sounds like others agree with KF and Lomax already has come out to state it is Porter's opinion only. Edit- maybe Lomax becomes the chair since his agenda is only to help make things better not to get anyone fired.
I’d also like to hear either more support from guys like Lomax. Who else is on the committee? And if there are people on Porters side they need to step up as well. There’s got to be more to this.

Porter calls for the removal of the AD and the coaching staff? That seems to be a bit beyond what his role or purpose is suppose to be on the committee. This was calculated and Porter knew how KF had to respond. Was his pride hurt by coaches not doing their homework due to the having little time to work on it during the regular season?

I guarantee KF did not respond without consulting the AD, Iowa's legal team and his own personnel lawyer. As long as the committee's in place and Porter was driving the boat he would use it for his own personal agenda.

KF and the university do need to respond quickly with an alternative to the committee.
I think people are confused when it says they disbanded the committee.

It later says that they're still going to be doing something, just not the way this previous committee was run.

I think it’s inappropriate for one person, especially in his position, to call for the resignations he did. I think it’s a bad look for Kirk to dissolve the committee when he did. I think it’s a really poor look on the coaches that didn’t answer the one question, that tells me that all staff aren’t buying into cultural change.

I think it’s inappropriate for one person, especially in his position, to call for the resignations he did. I think it’s a bad look for Kirk to dissolve the committee when he did. I think it’s a really poor look on the coaches that didn’t answer the one question, that tells me that all staff aren’t buying into cultural change.
Can’t disagree with any of that.

Reactions: Hawkdome
“Has nothing to do with his comments.”

If this right here doesn’t prove to you loyal Kirkists that he’s a genuine POS, nothing ever will (though it shouldn’t have taken you this long).
How much money have you donated for a cause other than your own. The man has done more for this University , the Iowa City Community and the state of Iowa than anyone I can remember.
You can say what you want about his football coaching ability but as a person your totally wrong….

So Kirk should have just let Porter call for everyone's job which clearly is way out of scope of why he was there in the 1st place? Tell us all what really happened because you were there and are privy to how racist and horrible our coaching staff is. By the way, Jordan Lomax is on the record to not being in agreement with Porter. Porter looks like he got too big of himself. Of course KF is going to tell him to pound sand. He is going to restructure this with people who can stay in scope.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
So Kirk should have just let Porter call for everyone's job which clearly is way out of scope of why he was there in the 1st place? Tell us all what really happened because you were there and are privy to how racist and horrible our coaching staff is. By the way, Jordan Lomax is on the record to not being in agreement with Porter. Porter looks like he got too big of himself. Of course KF is going to tell him to pound sand. He is going to restructure this with people who can stay in scope.
Ok RS

ADVERTISEMENT