ADVERTISEMENT

Always the bridesmaid!

To not make his top three that indicates a major problem.

Just means that he'd ruled out staying home. And had a strong enough relationship with Fran and Patrick to make this move. Allows them time to move on to Plan B and buys him freedom from continuously hearing about why Iowa is better than U-M and OSU.

Gotta believe he picks Michigan and Coach John B who had nothing but good things to say about Iowa after they beat the Hawks down.. He made remarks of how good Iowa will be in the next year or two.. apparently DJ wasn’t listening but anywho I can’t help it, I can’t stand Michigan. It would be nice to go into Michigan one day and pluck the number one rated high school bball or football player from the state like it wasn’t nothing like they do Iowa

Reactions: BANGBRO
These are his top 3 until KU, Duke or Kentucky come calling. Once that happens, anyone in the current top 3 is out

Reactions: And1Hawk
Hahaha

Yeah ...he missed a bid and all those “upper division finishes” since Fran’s second season, right?

Spoke8, in order to be credible, you have to understand material facts like finishing 7th in a 12 team league is an “upper division” finish. Otherwise, Childress just can’t take you seriously.

Work on that.

We’ve now established that you don’t know English, can’t even use Wikipedia, and are a liar. Shouldn’t you still be celebrating the Brock decision?

1955 i have always thought he would go to michigan or ohio state. I dont see him going to indiana. Pretty sad when he is like 50 miles away and we cant make the final three. Imho

Have you been to Ann Arbor? The campus is phenomenal as are the facilities. Can't blame a kid for wanting to head out of state to a top rated school.

If at first you don’t succeed, fail again. Good job, buddy.

You can post what ever your opinion is and call it a point. It doesn’t make it anymore correct. Glad to see you doubled down on your stupidity.
3:20AM? Just finish up at Taco Bell?
Enlighten me if u will...2 bids and a play-in loss. Please highlight all of Frans amazing work.

Have you been to Ann Arbor? The campus is phenomenal as are the facilities. Can't blame a kid for wanting to head out of state to a top rated school.

You're exactly right, which makes Wieskamp's decision to stay home and help the Hawkeyes so impressive. Loyalty is worth something, and I hope the young man from Muscatine will have the chance to demonstrate that on the court to the young man from Bettendorf.

3:20AM? Just finish up at Taco Bell?
Enlighten me if u will...2 bids and a play-in loss. Please highlight all of Frans amazing work.

You concerned with my schedule? I’m posting at 3:20 am, yet you’re the one who sounds like a drunk. Weird.

I never once called FM’s accomplishments anything close to “amazing work”, but keep trying. If you post long enough, you’re bound to get one thing correct.

Since you can’t seem to figure it out after several embarrassing attempts I’ll help you out some. Fran has been in the NCAA tournament three times while at Iowa and has two wins in those three years. The NCAA recognizes that 68 teams make the NCAA. Whether or not you realize that is irrelevant. Here you thought FM only had one NCAA appearance at Iowa, so excuse us if we take your opinions on anything Iowa basketball with a grain of salt.

You concerned with my schedule? I’m posting at 3:20 am, yet you’re the one who sounds like a drunk. Weird.

I never once called FM’s accomplishments anything close to “amazing work”, but keep trying. If you post long enough, you’re bound to get one thing correct.

Since you can’t seem to figure it out after several embarrassing attempts I’ll help you out some. Fran has been in the NCAA tournament three times while at Iowa and has two wins in those three years. The NCAA recognizes that 68 teams make the NCAA. Whether or not you realize that is irrelevant. Here you thought FM only had one NCAA appearance at Iowa, so excuse us if we take your opinions on anything Iowa basketball with a grain of salt.

You can’t read huh? 2 bids and one play in loss. You seem to want to count the play in game as a bid. At any rate, you should get some rest...the night shift will be starting soon.

We’ve now established that you don’t know English, can’t even use Wikipedia, and are a liar. Shouldn’t you still be celebrating the Brock decision?

Hahaha

Who’s this “we’ve”? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

I suspect that you haven’t established much in this life save your own incompetence.

Carry on though, sport. It’s entertaining.

You can’t read huh? 2 bids and one play in loss. You seem to want to count the play in game as a bid. At any rate, you should get some rest...the night shift will be starting soon.

I can read just fine. I read that you said Iowa has one bid in eight years and one play in game. Then you went on to tell us what Carton wants in a program. It’s pretty hard to take you seriously when you have no clue what type of program Iowa even is.

You want to criticize Fran and Iowa go for it. There is plenty of material for both parties. Just be factual in your assessment. If you’re going to misrepresent facts and state your opinion as fact, no one needs to hear it.

Most of you need to quit listening to local media as it gives you a false sense of reality. Iowa, as the program stands, were never realistically in this. To think otherwise, is fantasy
We pounded your team! Didn’t Happ get a T in Iowa City? I can’t remember the drama but we whipped you & Happ was all but crying is all I remember about that game. Seems like we always beat you in b-ball anymore!

It seems like we always beat the hell out of your team in b-ball anymore! No matter how much Happ cries.

^^^^This is the WORST kind of Iowa fan — the low IQ, low information, highly emotional fan.

Wisconsin is 19-7 against Iowa over the last 15 seasons, and even had a three game win streak at CHA until last year....so...yeah....

...we always “beat the hell out of” them....”anymore” (which I guess means lately(?))

Jeezus...

Since the last time Iowa made the sweet sixteen (TWENTY YEARS AGO), Wisconsin has been to ten of them —TEN! —, plus four elite eights and three final fours. Since the last time Iowa has shared a big ten championship (FORTY YEARS AGO), Wisconsin has won four of them plus another three conference tournament championships.

In the 19 seasons since Iowa last made the sweet sixteen, Wisconsin has finished ahead of Iowa in the league standings in 17 of them (and ‘15-‘16 was a tie). So if your keeping up, that’s ONE season out of the past 19 that Iowa has finished ahead of Wisconsin in the B1G.

Just stop, dude. Seriously.

Reality is a hard place to live sometimes but it still beats fantasy land.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cydkar
First things first

You HAVE to lock down the top kid in your state and especially at the position you need the most.

Potential full ride to "Public Harvard," phenomenal facilities, gorgeous campus and going to a team that is fresh off of playing for a National Championship?

Don't get me wrong . . . I bleed black-and-gold but (a) Iowa is not in the same caliber academically as Michigan; (b) Iowa's campus is not as nice as Michigan's campus; (c) Iowa's facilities are not as nice as Michigan's facilities . . .

If a professional basketball career is not in D.J. Carton's future, Michigan will expose him to opportunities that are just not as available at Iowa.

I didn't blame Oliver Martin for heading to Ann Arbor and I wouldn't blame D.J. Carton for heading to Ann Arbor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT