ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one pumped about Iowa State being

One where the playoffs are filled by only the Big Ten and SEC. How does isu recruit against the Big Ten and SEC schools when they are the top level of college football and isu in a left-over league.
So another hypothetical/hypothetical/wet dream, and hypothetical. So Clemson isn’t eligible to make the CFP anymore? Oh wait that’s crazy. No Baylor or Okie State? Oh wait not happening.

And all this is going on and ISU is recruiting better than ever, and beating Iowa for many recruits. You saying those kids are idiots? Huh, why are good recruits choosing ISU? Oh, because they live in the real world and not hypothetical dream worlds like Herky.

So another hypothetical/hypothetical/wet dream, and hypothetical. So Clemson isn’t eligible to make the CFP anymore? Oh wait that’s crazy. No Baylor or Okie State? Oh wait not happening.

And all this is going on and ISU is recruiting better than ever, and beating Iowa for many recruits. You saying those kids are idiots? Huh, why are good recruits choosing ISU? Oh, because they live in the real world and not hypothetical dream worlds like Herky.
Which recruits did ISU beat Iowa for the last two years, versus the ones Iowa beat you for

If I were a Big 12 fan I'd be a little worried about some kind of merger between the Pac and the ACC. I'd think schools like Stanford, Cal, Washington would be pretty receptive to align with schools like UNC, UVA, Duke, Ga. Tech. Obviously ND is the linchpin. But even if ND comes to the B1G, I could see a conference spearheaded by Oregon, Clemson, Washington, Miami, Stanford, FSU, Cal, North Carolina... Clearly not at the level of the expanded B1G and SEC, but I think a lot of people might find that a more attractive option than pairing Pac leftovers with the Big 12.

Out of Curiosity if I may ask. Did you grow up in Eastern Iowa? It seems like the majority of hawkeye Clown Haters grew up in proximity to Ames. In my case I grew up 35 miles from Ames and about 120 miles from Iowa City. The fan base in my hometown was about 50% split. The clown fans were and still are deplorable and incredibly deluded.
You could say that about the majority of them.

Why do so many people on this board care about hating ISU? I could care less and the more some of you act like they're relevant simply tells them you do care. Move on dudes

Hey Stinky,

If isu is doing so much better than Iowa with recruiting then why is Iowa is still beating your heads in in the rankings and on the field? Do you really want to know how many recruits have picked Iowa over isu or is that to be ignored?

Time to run away and hide again!

Hey Stinky,

If isu is doing so much better than Iowa with recruiting then why is Iowa is still beating your heads in in the rankings and on the field? Do you really want to know how many recruits have picked Iowa over isu or is that to be ignored?

Time to run away and hide again!
Somebody said ISU is out recruiting Iowa, and they were serious?

Somebody said ISU is out recruiting Iowa, and they were serious?
Only a clown fan. They are so pathetic that they have to pick and choose small individual recruiting wins and insist that the world ignore where the classes end up in the rankings.

I mean only clown fans can run their mouths while they are on a 6 game losing streak to big bro and honestly believe they won’t be laughed at.

The top recruit last year went to a FCS school. Besides, in my scenario the B12 is no different than the B12, ACC, or PAC12 is currently. Perennial winners from those conferences don’t struggle to recruit.

The new B12 might not get as many teams in the playoffs as the other two conferences but if you put a team like Iowa or Nebraska in the Big10 or the Big12, the road to the playoffs is gonna be much easier in the B12.
Going forward...Big 10 and SEC schools will have a big-time advantage in recruiting over any school not in these two power conferences due to a much bigger recruiting budget. And while TV money cannot go directly to pay recruits (at the moment) boosters can re-allocate donations from general funds (due to huge TV money) and put it into NIL for recruits/current players. It’s not that hard to understand, but thought I would spell it out to an iswho fan.

I don’t think anyone would argue the additions are great for the B10 conference. The question for you, as a fan of the Hawkeyes, are these additions going to give Iowa more wins? More chances at championships? Why didn’t you answer those questions?

The end goal of the athletic department is to make more money. As a fan is that your goal for Iowa or would you prefer to see them win more games.

Realistically the answer to the above question is no. If you asked those same questions for ISU in the B12 it might have a different answer. I would be extremely surprised with a 20 team B12 being left out of whatever passes for the playoffs.
I’ll answer your questions...yep, with more $ going to Iowa, I think it will translate into more wins. Iowa thumped USC in a bowl game just a couple years ago...no reason to see that stopping in the future.

CFB has been moving to a power 2 for years. This development is nothing but good for ISU. If the Big 12 can get the AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado in the next week or so and the Big 10 stands pat, they could get Washington and Oregon as well and ISU is in a much better position than they were before this.

ISU is never going to compete with Iowa financially. Honestly that's not the goal though and shouldn't be.
Lol - keep telling yourself that. Typical clown.

I think their current recruiting class will not be effected, because that separation won't be fully in effect for a few years. Again, I could be wrong.

The big thing for ISU is that there is a possibility that after all of this they are in what will firmly be the 3rd best conference. I don't think ISU will ever be a program that is going to rely on recruiting even 4 star players. But in the 3rd best conference, they can continue to recruit at the level they are at and be competitive.

Again, most of these kids committed after UT and OU left. What changed since the USC/UCLA announcement that actually effects ISU's status? The Big 10 and SEC were going to leave ISU behind anyway financially.
In 3 to 5 years, isu’s recruiting will be negatively impacted, particularly in any head-to-head recruiting match-ups with Iowa, which have historically generally been in Iowa’s favor anyway.

If the playoff system eventually goes to 12 teams (which is a strong possibility) then yes...5th place in the Big 10 would likely qualify for a playoff berth.
If this thing goes to 20ish team superconferences and a true P2 with the B1G and SEC, the playoffs will be whatever the B1G and SEC (and FOX and ESPN) want it to be. It could effectively neuter the NCAA and CFP as we've known it. It could be similar to the NFL playoffs with the NFC (B1G) and AFC (SEC) staging their own 4- or 6-team playoff, with the winners from each side playing in a championship game.

Lol - who’s living in a dream world?

If this thing goes to 20ish team superconferences and a true P2 with the B1G and SEC, the playoffs will be whatever the B1G and SEC (and FOX and ESPN) want it to be. It could effectively neuter the NCAA and CFP as we've known it. It could be similar to the NFL playoffs with the NFC (B1G) and AFC (SEC) staging their own 4- or 6-team playoff, with the winners from each side playing in a championship game.
Could be; however, even in your scenario...teams from the B10 and SEC have a much better chance at college football playoffs (regardless of the format).

So you think the Big 12 as it currently stands would be better than a Big 12 including 4 to 6 current PAC members? Sorry that's just stupid.
Look the Big 12 even with ASU, Arizona, Colorado and Utah is a left-over league that simply doesn’t have any national brands that will drive significant value. Whether or not it can compare to the Pac12 or ACC is meaningless since the Big Ten and SEC will continue to drive further distance between themselves and the rest of what is now the P5.

I expect the Big Ten’s next deal will have a short term on it 2-3 years so that they can take advantage of the USC and UCLA additions and place additional pressure on the ACC/Notre Dame and then Oregon/Washington. You can already see the desperation in the ACC I talked about yesterday. Do they want to keep their GOR and the league together or do they want to scrap it and try and get their payout up. Their members are already pissed at the disparity between the Big Ten and SEC and that will get exponentially worse the longer they stay as is.

Has reality set in yet Bruce that isu will be substantially behind big bro Iowa or will it take a few more big dog moves by the Big Ten and SEC to drive out any doubt?

Has reality set in yet Bruce that isu will be substantially behind big bro Iowa or will it take a few more big dog moves by the Big Ten and SEC to drive out any doubt?
I've said it probably 10 times in this thread that there will be a Power 2 and everybody else will lag behind significantly in media revenue. Honestly do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I've said it probably 10 times in this thread that there will be a Power 2 and everybody else will lag behind significantly in media revenue. Honestly do you have a reading comprehension problem?
It isn’t going to just be revenue. How many times do I need to tell you? isu and the Big 12 will not get or keep the best recruits, players and coaches. They will go to the Big Ten and SEC. Iowa will be way better off than isu and it won’t be by a little bit and it won’t solely be due to the massive revenue disparity that will get worse.

It's mostly due to people confusing who said what in a long thread and wanting certain things to be true, on both sides. I don't think anyone, including those leading the SEC and B10, know exactly what will happen 3-5 years from now. They have some firm ideas, I think.

What leaders of Big 10 and SEC have hinted they want
  • College football (at least at the highest levels) to be governed by some new body, not the NCAA. Gene Smith, the AD at OSU, has said as much. Compliance today with the NCAA is a joke, with some silly rules that no one enforces. I don't know that whatever new organization is created will be any better, but it's headed that way for football.
  • Expanded playoffs. It looked like we were headed this way last year, until the SEC brought in Oklahoma and Texas. The Alliance was formed to basically block any new negotiation of the FB playoff deal with ESPN. Turns out B10 was just buying time until it was in a better position to be more on the level of the SEC.
  • Maximizing media rights. There is a reason the B10 hasn't yet signed its media rights. Things got more lucrative by adding UCLA and USC.
What follows is now strictly my opinion. I do think the SEC and B10 both want to go to 20+ teams, which would give them the most say in the new playoff system and whatever governance structure is created for college FB. Other conferences still likely exist, but aren't treated as equals in either the playoff structure or the revenue. SEC and B10 will advocate for a larger playoff (16 or 24 teams would be great), but will want no automatic bids to anyone, including their own leagues. They don't want a 9-3 team from whatever is left of the Pac-12 getting in over a 8-4 or 9-3 team from the B10 or SEC.

Notre Dame will attempt to remain an independent. If up solely to the B10 or SEC, they would leverage ND to join a league. But ND is a huge draw, perhaps the biggest, to the media rights holders. "Just agree to not play ND if you are in the B10 or SEC," some say. I doubt USC would have agreed to join the B10 only to not play the Domers.

What does it mean for Iowa-ISU? I have no idea. If B10 is at 20+ teams and they go to 10 conference games in a 12-game season, then the series could be in doubt. Kim Reynolds has made rumblings that the game has to be played, and if Iowa moved to not renew after 2025 I'm sure Whitver or other legislators may try to do something. Would legislation succeed? Is it constitutional for a state legislature to dictate that two regent schools HAVE to play? I have no idea. I like the series, it's good for the state.

The only way the Big12 improves their current dilemma is if Oregon and Washington are part of the group that joins. Utah, I guess you could argue, is the best of the first four being discussed.

But on the national stage, the NEW Big12 is a very distant 3/4.

Have to be honest, Bryce... you're one of the most reasonable clones that shows up here. I do wonder though.... Why?

I post on a lot of boards. I love sports. Honestly I root for Iowa most of the time.

It isn’t going to just be revenue. How many times do I need to tell you? isu and the Big 12 will not get or keep the best recruits, players and coaches. They will go to the Big Ten and SEC. Iowa will be way better off than isu and it won’t be by a little bit and it won’t solely be due to the massive revenue disparity that will get worse.

When has ISU ever gotten or kept the best recruits, players, and coaches? Again, you're arguing against a position at ISU that we've never been in.

What does it mean for Iowa-ISU? I have no idea. If B10 is at 20+ teams and they go to 10 conference games in a 12-game season, then the series could be in doubt. Kim Reynolds has made rumblings that the game has to be played, and if Iowa moved to not renew after 2025 I'm sure Whitver or other legislators may try to do something. Would legislation succeed? Is it constitutional for a state legislature to dictate that two regent schools HAVE to play? I have no idea. I like the series, it's good for the state.

If the Big 10 goes to 10 conference games the series is done. I'd almost guarantee it. The regents can get as pissy as they want but ultimately they have no say in football scheduling.

I post on a lot of boards. I love sports. Honestly I root for Iowa most of the time.

When has ISU ever gotten or kept the best recruits, players, and coaches? Again, you're arguing against a position at ISU that we've never been in.

If the Big 10 goes to 10 conference games the series is done. I'd almost guarantee it. The regents can get as pissy as they want but ultimately they have no say in football scheduling.
You were just saying that isu’s recruiting won’t be affected by this. While the current isu class may not be affected the idea the last few isu classes will occur anytime in the near future is delusional. Meanwhile Iowa’s recruiting will continue to ratchet up as more and more recruits/players decide being in the P2 is better than the alternative.

Same thing with coaches. Now maybe Matty boy isn’t a competitive person and doesn’t want to be at the highest level. That explains the whole “be the best version of ourselves” crap. If he does then he will bail on isu and good luck finding a replacement.

Hey I am just fine with isu going back to the days of Criner and Walden. Will clown fans still be chirping about how much better they really are? Of course they will it is the corner stone of the isu culture.

You were just saying that isu’s recruiting won’t be affected by this. While the current isu class may not be affected the idea the last few isu classes will occur anytime in the near future is delusional. Meanwhile Iowa’s recruiting will continue to ratchet up as more and more recruits/players decide being in the P2 is better than the alternative.

I was talking specifically about this recruiting class, so yes I think it's possible that ISU's recruiting is negatively impacted in a big way. We'll see though - I'm guessing if somebody really wanted to go back and look, you've said ISU and the Big 12 was over and done every time something like this has happened.

I was talking specifically about this recruiting class, so yes I think it's possible that ISU's recruiting is negatively impacted in a big way. We'll see though - I'm guessing if somebody really wanted to go back and look, you've said ISU and the Big 12 was over and done every time something like this has happened.
I don’t think the Big 12 will be over and done with and neither will isu. I also don’t believe neither will be playing in the top level of college football in the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:
I can't see calling ISU a B-league team. I expect it will come down to 4 super college football conferences. The SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and the ACC. I believe the Big 12 will pick up some Pac 12 teams and the ACC must add ND. The PAC 12 maybe in trouble with only option would draw from the Mountain West Conference or combine some teams with the Big 12. Whatever the outcome I think ISU can still play in a good football conference and still be creditable football team. Iowa needs to get rid of playing the South Dakota States, Northern Iowas and teams like that.
Every P5 team in the country plays those types of games. In general, Iowa does better than most.
At a place like Iowa or Iowa State, even with the real good teams the programs have put together in the past 20 years, both schools have to win close games in the years they have good years.

There is always context to what goes on in losing close games vs winning them. 2010 Iowa was a good example. Highly ranked pre-season team, lots of returning players. Lost all the close games the team played that year. ISU in 2021, highly ranked pre-season, lots of returning players. Lost all the close games. Pre-season ranked Top 10 teams have to own going 7-5. ISU may not have gone into the dumpster, but certainly did not play like a Top 10 team. Just like the 2010 Iowa team didn't.
One key difference between Iowa 2010 and ISU last year was that the Iowa 2010 team got decimated by injuries. Wegher left before the season started. Coker broke his collarbone in fall camp. Hampton was out by the 2nd or 3rd game. At one point we were playing our 6th, 7th and 8th linebackers, including a true freshman from Solon. We had O line injuries too. Oh, and we lost our defensive coordinator a few games into the season too. That team was snakebit starting in fall camp.

WTF??? Do you guys just assume any recruit you get was one you beat out Iowa for? Seriously, Iowa has dominated in state recruiting and head to head vs ISU for years. The delusion from Ames never ceases to amaze.....

ISU loading up on all those low 3* guys, I see.

Recruiting is already suffering.

In the 24/7 rankings, ISU has the 2nd lowest "average per recruit" of the top 40 rankings.

Volume over quality.

In the Rival's rankings...ISU has ten "5.5" guys...nearly half their total guys, while the Hawks have one "5.5".

At this point, it looks like they're accepting commitments from anyone saying "yes".

Last edited:
Why do so many people on this board care about hating ISU? I could care less and the more some of you act like they're relevant simply tells them you do care. Move on dudes
Why do people on this board care about posters posting posts about hating ISU? I could care less about posters posting concerns about posters hating ISU and some of you act like your opinion is relevant. Move on dude. (AKA don't read the thread)

Why do people on this board care about posters posting posts about hating ISU? I could care less about posters posting concerns about posters hating ISU and some of you act like your opinion is relevant. Move on dude. (AKA don't read the thread)
For some of us, laughing and ridiculing the Clones is fun.

And history has proven that ISU is irrelevant in college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT