ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only person to have never had the Devil’s lettuce?

I feel like I’m the only poster to have never ingested marijuana in some way. I have no problem with people who do and fully support legalization, I’ve just never had any. Anyone else?
Never had it but have no problem with it other than it is illegal in iowa. My main issue with it was that you didn’t know what was actually in it, but that has been eliminated mostly with state regulated farms and dispensaries. If I was in a state in which it is legal I might partake.

Reactions: 3boysmom
There are a lot of effing squares on this forum.
I think it is a function of age. I am 48 and in iowa weed just wasn’t common or acceptable when I was in high school and undergrad in the 90s. After undergrad I was in the Air Force. Then more schooling and then kids. Just now to the point where I have both kids in high school and no longer involved with coaching and such, and I have more free time to do what I want, and I am not around or responsible for other peoples’ kids. Don’t hate the concept now of golfing and chilling at night with a little something something.

I feel like I’m the only poster to have never ingested marijuana in some way. I have no problem with people who do and fully support legalization, I’ve just never had any. Anyone else?

No I havn't either.

I'm not opposed to legalization and I might be willing to try it but it would have to be at a time when I am in a place where it's legal and my kids arn't around and won't be for a while.

Since I'm in Indiana and we don't really leave the kids anywhere overnight, I don't see it as likely to happen any time soon.

Plus it's not really a priority for me. If my wife and I got a night or multiple nights away from the kids we would probably go someplace just the two of us and enjoy some alone time. Weed would be an afterthought.

Yes OP you are the only one,.. and stop referring to it as the Devil's Lettuce because that just confirms that you are the only one.

Never had until a few years ago. Tried edibles and the first time was fun, laughed and had a good time. Every other time since has been either I barely feel anything or way over do it.

Things I wish people had told me beforehand.

1. Don't get edibles while drunk. I did this once and i ended up with a death grip on a bench outside while looking at the stars because I knew the earth was spinning and if I let go of the bench I was afraid I would fly off the surface of the Earth

Yes OP you are the only one,.. and stop referring to it as the Devil's Lettuce because that just confirms that you are the only one.
Should I refer to it as reafer, ganja, dank, the sticky icky? Or just marijuana?

I have not. My opinion is the same as yours.

Some of my friends in high school and college invited me to try. I never did. They actually seemed to have a lot of respect for that, and never pressured me. I guess it also meant more for them..

Last edited:
Reactions: runkpanole
I'm in your camp. Never tried it, but I'm not much into alcohol either.
Me also, never had a taste for beer except for a couple at a time after working hard on a hot day with friends.
Socially I will drink a 7 & 7 or wisky sour but stop if feely unstable. Never seen a need to drink to get drunk and suffer the next day.

Reactions: Hawkman98
I never have. I've done gummies but I can't stand smoking. However, I've sat near @fredjr82 enough when he was doing it that I may as well have.

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
I think it is a function of age. I am 48 and in iowa weed just wasn’t common or acceptable when I was in high school and undergrad in the 90s. After undergrad I was in the Air Force. Then more schooling and then kids. Just now to the point where I have both kids in high school and no longer involved with coaching and such, and I have more free time to do what I want, and I am not around or responsible for other peoples’ kids. Don’t hate the concept now of golfing and chilling at night with a little something something.
Weird, I'm 51 and in Iowa and I didn't start smoking weed until I moved to Iowa and then ramped up even more when I was an undergrad in the 90s. Clearly, you just needed to hang out with cooler people. :)

Reactions: billanole
Me either.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Never tried it. Would like to try a gummy or edible at some point though.
Low and slow. People who don’t know what they’re doing have had horrible experiences from taking too much at once. Sometimes the full effects of an edible don’t kick in for a few hours. And, unless you’re a full-fledged stoner, there is such a thing as “being too stoned,” and with edibles the effects can last for hours.

Graduated in 1995, never saw it in high school (small town Iowa, pop 5K).

That all changed in college.

Smoked quite a bit in college. Haven't since I've been married. Over 20 years.

Watched a 19 yr old kid take his first acid trip in a barracks in Aberdeen proving grounds Maryland in 1971.
Kept saying WOW oh Ernie (the guy who gave him the pill) don't know if they were shitting me or not but didn't really care . Left 3 days later for Ft Collins Colorado

Nope. I am in the same boat. Never done it. I am fine if it is legalized without needing some medical card requirement. Just not allow it in public places. I have a few friends that do it quite frequently still and they are almost 50.

I've tried it 3-4 times in my life, and then Delta 8 a couple times.

Is it possible to have some genetic mutation where cannabis doesn't correctly "work" for someone? Because I think that's me. The effect it has on me can't possibly the effect that's spawned a billion hearty devotees.

The only effect that I notice from it is a general fuzziness, which does get heavier with more, but never strikes me as particularly enjoyable. It's like taking the effect of drinking a few beers, but stripping away the fun parts - the euphoria, the giddiness, the increased chattiness, the bravado/recklessness, the humor.

For me, if being drunk is a ful fledged hamburger, getting stoned is like just eating the lettuce off it. I mean yeah, it's definitely something, but, but like the least rewarding part.

It never made me think things are funny, or particularly relaxed me. It never made anything, whether music or movies "better".

I can buy it as beneficial for high anxiety or stress, that's fine. But as a RECREATIONAL drug, it doesn't do anything interesting thing for me. As far as my effects, weed is the single most overrated thing of any kind I've ever experienced.

And it's not like I'm just some person who can't enjoy an altered state. I fell in love with an alcohol buzz on my very first beer...I remember the time and place, and literally telling myself "Whoah. Now this, this is great. This is a game changer." I love it, and am glad I have the self control to be relatively controlled with it. But I could sit by myself watching TV or a game and have 3-4 drinks and really enjoy the buzz just sitting there by myself.

Nothing of the same with weed. Just a big "This can't possibly be it." I really think I've got some kind of natural immunity around it.

I've tried it 3-4 times in my life, and then Delta 8 a couple times.

Is it possible to have some genetic mutation where cannabis doesn't correctly "work" for someone? Because I think that's me. The effect it has on me can't possibly the effect that's spawned a billion hearty devotees.

The only effect that I notice from it is a general fuzziness, which does get heavier with more, but never strikes me as particularly enjoyable. It's like taking the effect of drinking a few beers, but stripping away the fun parts - the euphoria, the giddiness, the increased chattiness, the bravado/recklessness, the humor.

For me, if being drunk is a ful fledged hamburger, getting stoned is like just eating the lettuce off it. I mean yeah, it's definitely something, but, but like the least rewarding part.

It never made me think things are funny, or particularly relaxed me. It never made anything, whether music or movies "better".

I can buy it as beneficial for high anxiety or stress, that's fine. But as a RECREATIONAL drug, it doesn't do anything interesting thing for me. As far as my effects, weed is the single most overrated thing of any kind I've ever experienced.

And it's not like I'm just some person who can't enjoy an altered state. I fell in love with an alcohol buzz on my very first beer...I remember the time and place, and literally telling myself "Whoah. Now this, this is great. This is a game changer." I love it, and am glad I have the self control to be relatively controlled with it. But I could sit by myself watching TV or a game and have 3-4 drinks and really enjoy the buzz just sitting there by myself.

Nothing of the same with weed. Just a big "This can't possibly be it." I really think I've got some kind of natural immunity around it.
Have you only had crappy ditch weed or have you also tried legit, good dispensary stuff and it didn't affect you?

What fvcking part of Iowa did you grow up in? My dad was selling that shit at his catholic high school in the 70’s! I’m not buying that excuse. If you chose not to great, but I’m sure it was around you.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
What fvcking part of Iowa did you grow up in? My dad was selling that shit at his catholic high school in the 70’s! I’m not buying that excuse. If you chose not to great, but I’m sure it was around you.
I didn't grow up in Iowa, I moved there in high school. Aside from not growing up with and therefore not knowing everyone in my high school class, I was very much into sports at the time, so I probably just was not around it, and didn't care to seek it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT