ADVERTISEMENT

Am Ready for Football and Ed Podolak and Gary Dolphin

If folks continue to not wear a mask to protect themselves and others, there won’t be a FB season. The US hit a record number of new cases in a day, at 42k+ today. Not good.
the masks are a joke. a power play. masks are about control and power and do nothing to protect. political ploy. but still I don't think we are going to see football with all these outbreaks. I am starting to think this thing is transmitted some other way. or the numbers are inflated. or a little of both.

the masks are a joke. a power play. masks are about control and power and do nothing to protect. political ploy. but still I don't think we are going to see football with all these outbreaks. I am starting to think this thing is transmitted some other way. or the numbers are inflated. or a little of both.
And you went to medical school where again ?

Yeah ....a political ploy that has effected the entire world. It might be slightly over blown but the fact is if you think this is a political ploy that this country is driving that's effecting over 180 countries.....you are sadly mistaking. And i'm not sure about this "power play"...... by who......why! Paranoid people thinking someone or something is out to get them!!

Yeah ....a political ploy that has effected the entire world. It might be slightly over blown but the fact is if you think this is a political ploy that this country is driving that's effecting over 180 countries.....you are sadly mistaking. And i'm not sure about this "power play"...... by who......why! Paranoid people thinking someone or something is out to get them!!
communists are a political movement , and they are worldwide. look, we have been wearing masks and they tell us we are getting more and more cases. I don't think they work. my eyes are exposed. my ears. the corners of the mask pop out around my nose. ever see somebody with glasses and they fog their glasses above the mask? they are breathing out and in. does nothing.

Reactions: michael.nelson311
the point being if we keep seeing all these outbreaks on sports teams, and individual sports, basketball baseball soccer tennis , not going to see football for sure.

communists are a political movement , and they are worldwide. look, we have been wearing masks and they tell us we are getting more and more cases. I don't think they work. my eyes are exposed. my ears. the corners of the mask pop out around my nose. ever see somebody with glasses and they fog their glasses above the mask? they are breathing out and in. does nothing.
So if i stood 3 feet in front of you, facing you and coughed ......you wouldn't be safer if we were both wearing a face mask? If the answer is no ......you should go back to the Ottumwa Institute of Medical Sciences and ask for you money back ...haha!!

Im a dog walker. Surprisingly often anymore, I have to pull my dog's face out of a discarded face mask someone has left on the ground. Ive had to physically remove a couple from out of his mouth the last couple days. I hope those damn things don't give me the rona. Would be nice of folks could hit the trash can with their diseased waste.

So if i stood 3 feet in front of you, facing you and coughed ......you wouldn't be safer if we were both wearing a face mask? If the answer is no ......you should go back to the Ottumwa Institute of Medical Sciences and ask for you money back ...haha!!
Not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, but those types of masks alone won't do much. They help sure...better than nothing. Combining it with basic hygiene and avoiding large groups of people in close proximity is most important.

Reactions: KanHawks
He's at the 10! Squeak, He's at the 5! Touchdown Iowa! touchdown Iowa!

But it doesn't all get in. Does it "do nothing to protect"? If so, why do you buy them? If not, why not use a mask to keep some of the virus germs out?
but what percent? it's an unlnown with the virus. who knows if it does anything at all to protect? does the mask protect us 10%? 80% ?? nobody knows. that's the problem with this virus, nobody knows. the fear of the unknown.

we had a big party of teens in lake travis this past weekend. 300 teens. two or three had the virus. now the whole city and all the politicians and all the judges and all the media are flipping out trying to tell every single person in Austin who may have known or been around these 300 to quarantine for two weeks. I can just see what will happen with 70K at a football game.

I agree that we certainly do not know the percent of protection. I rely on personal intuition to make choices like the following:
When eating out, eat on a patio rather than inside the restaurant building
When forced to fly, wear a mask.

Do I know how much this reduces my risk? No. Do I know that it does reduce my risk compared to not doing these things? Yes. Can I prove it? No

I agree that we certainly do not know the percent of protection. I rely on personal intuition to make choices like the following:
When eating out, eat on a patio rather than inside the restaurant building
When forced to fly, wear a mask.

Do I know how much this reduces my risk? No. Do I know that it does reduce my risk compared to not doing these things? Yes. Can I prove it? No
nobody knows for sure. but today I heard that like three people died in the meat packing plant in waterloo and the families were going to sue. can you imagine if somebody attended a football game and died later and the family sued the university?

Tired of no sports. Can't go to all the games so we are lucky we have such a good team announcing our games.

Even if there is no season, they should just have imaginary games and let those two on the radio for a few hours on Saturdays in the fall.

Reactions: hawk263344
nobody knows for sure. but today I heard that like three people died in the meat packing plant in waterloo and the families were going to sue. can you imagine if somebody attended a football game and died later and the family sued the university?

One is workplace. One not. And then you would have to be able to trace it back to the football game and then you would have to somehow prove they were negligent and still how you were not there voluntarily. Do they have to fog it every 10 minutes with Lysol? I am not sure I see how it is any different than a restaurant or some other business where customers come to it. If that liability is there then shit keep the business closed if they will let people sue. The Tyson deal is a workplace (OSHA) issue.

I think just with the increased hand washing and distancing the upcoming regular flu season should be a piece of cake compared to past ones. They don't spread nearly as easy and with these processes in place it should be greatly reduced. And hopefully flu shot participation will be record numbers.

but what percent? it's an unlnown with the virus. who knows if it does anything at all to protect? does the mask protect us 10%? 80% ?? nobody knows. that's the problem with this virus, nobody knows. the fear of the unknown.

we had a big party of teens in lake travis this past weekend. 300 teens. two or three had the virus. now the whole city and all the politicians and all the judges and all the media are flipping out trying to tell every single person in Austin who may have known or been around these 300 to quarantine for two weeks. I can just see what will happen with 70K at a football game.

No way there will be 70k. I am betting 15k. Masks. No concessions. Hand sanitizer galore. Allow noise makers in so no yelling. Nice to have lysol spray in restrooms for anyone needing a sit down unit. Wear some Depends and avoid the restrooms altogether.

If some of the mob setting fire to the world heard the King Kong comment, Dolph would be unemployed pretty quickly.

No way there will be 70k. I am betting 15k. Masks. No concessions. Hand sanitizer galore. Allow noise makers in so no yelling. Nice to have lysol spray in restrooms for anyone needing a sit down unit. Wear some Depends and avoid the restrooms altogether.
Hand sanitizer is a waste. Breathing is the issue.

With all respect, that is a horrible conclusion. Masks protect others. I understand your orange idiot says otherwise, but he’s wrong. You might be a bit on the slow side.

Last edited:
With all respect, that is a horrible conclusion. Masks protect others. I understand your orange idiot says otherwise, but he’s wrong. You might be a bit on the slow side.
no I am quick to understand: so I need to take my air filter off my car's intake and put it on my tail pipe to protect others!!

Reactions: michael.nelson311
One is workplace. One not. And then you would have to be able to trace it back to the football game and then you would have to somehow prove they were negligent and still how you were not there voluntarily. Do they have to fog it every 10 minutes with Lysol? I am not sure I see how it is any different than a restaurant or some other business where customers come to it. If that liability is there then shit keep the business closed if they will let people sue. The Tyson deal is a workplace (OSHA) issue.
oh I see, we don't do osha here in tx. at least not as much as iowa

That is the worst analogy ever, so I assume your just trying to start shit, and your not really that naive. Are the people who attend games required to go , or are they there of their own free will? Not the same thing at all as being required by your employer to be in a confined space, and then the employer not providing adequate safety precautions. If your going to keep trying to throw gas on the fire, please try a little harder to think about what your saying....

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
That is the worst analogy ever, so I assume your just trying to start shit, and your not really that naive. Are the people who attend games required to go , or are they there of their own free will? Not the same thing at all as being required by your employer to be in a confined space, and then the employer not providing adequate safety precautions. If your going to keep trying to throw gas on the fire, please try a little harder to think about what your saying....
you are required to work as often as you are required to go to a game: zero. right to work. or not. not servitude.

but we are required by tyrants and losers and leftist agitator politicians and judges to wear a mask. the exact people we should tell to go jump in a lake.

you are required to work as often as you are required to go to a game: zero. right to work. or not. not servitude.

but we are required by tyrants and losers and leftist agitator politicians and judges to wear a mask. the exact people we should tell to go jump in a lake.
You're being ridicuous. So if you don't go to the game you sit home with a cold one and watch it on your big screen. If you don't go to work, YOU DON'T GET PAID! Oh I'm sorry, your probably one of these leaches whose happy to sit at home and collect unemployment, when your perfectly able to work, but would rather live off the the governments dime. Got it....:mad:

You're being ridicuous. So if you don't go to the game you sit home with a cold one and watch it on your big screen. If you don't go to work, YOU DON'T GET PAID! Oh I'm sorry, your probably one of these leaches whose happy to sit at home and collect unemployment, when your perfectly able to work, but would rather live off the the governments dime. Got it....:mad:
I doubt a business owner and 1099 contractor such as myself can get unemployment. not that I'd want it. the borrower is slave to the lender.

I doubt a business owner and 1099 contractor such as myself can get unemployment. not that I'd want it. the borrower is slave to the lender.
Fantastic, as am I, but again that has nothing to do with your post comparing peoples choice to go to the game, or whether they had the option of not showing up to their hourly job at a meat packing plant.

Fantastic, as am I, but again that has nothing to do with your post comparing peoples choice to go to the game, or whether they had the option of not showing up to their hourly job at a meat packing plant.
working is a choice. getting up in the morning and going to work is a choice. so is going to a football game. same thing. same thing. you have to get up, go to work, or a game.

Isn't it your own free will to go to work too?

ADVERTISEMENT