ADVERTISEMENT

An Alabama county is jailing pregnant women

I don't know. I have seen plenty of drug babies to know that isn't a good outcome. This isn't an ideal situation either. The children generally have cognitive or behavioral issues. I am not sure what the answer is. This doesn't seem right, but neither does letting a child have lifetime issues because a mom is taking drugs.

Oath Keepers!

anchorman-assemble.gif

Drugs and unborn baby….vs….(unregistered) fire arm….this is gonna be a tough one for the MAGAS….on one hand shes the devil….on the other she’s obviously a gun slinging patriot….

Reactions: TheCainer
I disagree that life begins at conception. I will get that right out there. It is due to my own experiences with my wife and difficult pregnancies (and losing a couple along the way). But let's suspend disbelief right now and say I agree with Alabama, that these fetuses are in fact children in the eyes of the law. Why has a Guardian ad Litem not been appointed for the child?

The fetus has done nothing wrong and can't be incarcerated. Having read the article and all of the medical issues the mother is having with the pregnancy I would have to think any competent family lawyer in Alabama would be able to make a very strong argument that the fetus is better off out of jail with mom receiving all the necessary medical attention to make sure the pregnancy crosses the finish line (which is not a foregone conclusion).

The state does not have the right to represent the child. If this child was 1 hour old, he/she would have his/her own Guardian ad Litem advocating for the child's and ONLY the child's best interests. Why is that not being done here?

We all know the answer - this is not about the fetus/child - this is about controlling women.

I disagree that life begins at conception. I will get that right out there. It is due to my own experiences with my wife and difficult pregnancies (and losing a couple along the way). But let's suspend disbelief right now and say I agree with Alabama, that these fetuses are in fact children in the eyes of the law. Why has a Guardian ad Litem not been appointed for the child?

The fetus has done nothing wrong and can't be incarcerated. Having read the article and all of the medical issues the mother is having with the pregnancy I would have to think any competent family lawyer in Alabama would be able to make a very strong argument that the fetus is better off out of jail with mom receiving all the necessary medical attention to make sure the pregnancy crosses the finish line (which is not a foregone conclusion).

The state does not have the right to represent the child. If this child was 1 hour old, he/she would have his/her own Guardian ad Litem advocating for the child's and ONLY the child's best interests. Why is that not being done here?

We all know the answer - this is not about the fetus/child - this is about controlling women.
👏

Seems like there are other alternatives that could be used as a condition of bail, like periodic drug testing. There's no gun registration requirement, so the charge is simply pot, which ought to be legal anyway.

Seems like there are other alternatives that could be used as a condition of bail, like periodic drug testing. There's no gun registration requirement, so the charge is simply pot, which ought to be legal anyway.
Also places like rehab facilities or halfway houses or something other than freaking jail.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Weird. I was repeatedly told that people were overreacting to Dobbs, and there was not going to be a mad rush to criminalize being pregnant.
Is it safe to assume that they are not arresting women who drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes?
Also need to arrest pregnant women who: ride theme park rides, work out, ride in a vehicle without a seat belt, fail to take their vitamins, have poor nutrition, enter a hot tub or sauna, use hair dye products, use cleaning products, and subject their fetus to cats. All of these can be harmful in some manner to the precious fetus!!! These crazy baby killers must be stopped!

Also need to arrest pregnant women who: ride theme park rides, work out, ride in a vehicle without a seat belt, fail to take their vitamins, have poor nutrition, enter a hot tub or sauna, use hair dye products, use cleaning products, and subject their fetus to cats. All of these can be harmful in some manner to the precious fetus!!! These crazy baby killers must be stopped!
you forgot eat soft serve ice cream and meat from the deli case.

ADVERTISEMENT