ADVERTISEMENT

An Eventful Afternoon in Trump Country

WheresWaldorf

Team MVP
Apr 29, 2022
I went to visit relatives in rural western Iowa last night and ran into some pickup driving trumpers at a Casey’s. They had trump bumper stickers and MAGA hats. I called them out on supporting 1/6 and authoritarianism to their faces and told them they are a shit stain on our country. It’s small acts like these that we need more of. I ask: What have you done to call out the traitors in your lives?

I went to visit relatives in rural western Iowa last night and ran into some pickup driving trumpers at a Casey’s. They had trump bumper stickers and MAGA hats. I called them out on supporting 1/6 and authoritarianism to their faces and told them they are a shit stain on our country. It’s small acts like these that we need more of. I ask: What have you done to call out the traitors in your lives?
Seek help

How many hours were you in the ER?

872d1ba784cf9b39281961ba4d3dc88c-narcissistic-people-narcissistic-abuse-recovery.jpg

I haven't risked getting the deads.

giphy.gif

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

I called a dude at for wearing a "f#ck Joe Biden shirt" at my kids end of year music program. He called me a pussy and I suggested he is an embarrassing father and terrible role model. I think I got the better of the exchange. Until these idiots are publicly shamed nothing will change.

Remember all the anti trumpers, like myself who debased themselves like that? Me either.

What small western Iowa town did you visit?

It's worse in other towns in that area. Ones that don't allow hispanics to live and work in the packing plants for slightly above minimum wage.
They make WAY more than "slightly above minimum wage". Unless 3+ times minimum wage is your definition of slightly above.

Reactions: goldmom
I make snide remarks to people I know about wearing their personality on their truck, flagpole, etc. in jest. Subtle shaming is the way to go.

For people I don’t know - I just lose respect when I see it. As I age, I slowly realize why politics used to be a taboo subject. You’re kind of a dork if your politics are part of your identity.

A Shetland pony walks into a Casey’s and walked straight to the counter. The gal behind the counter said, “can I help you?.” The Shetland pony politely, yet loudly clears his throat and says, “excuse me ma’am, I’m a little horse.”
A pirate walks into a bar in Ida Grove.

For some reason, he has a ship's wheel stuffed down the front of his pantaloons.

"Excuse me sir, did you know you have a helm wheel in your pants?" the bartender inquires.

"Yaaar, I do ---- and it's drivin' me nuts!" yells the pirate.

I ask: What have you done to call out the traitors in your lives?

Is there anything we can say to any republican voter that will offset dozens of hours of weekly right wing media consumption? It is a complete waste of time. I do what I can to spend as little time around republicans as possible and I make a point not to talk politics with them when I am around them. I just nod my head and change the subject when they start ranting about "Brandon."

ADVERTISEMENT