ADVERTISEMENT

An idea for Yahoo/Rivals' website developers...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
The "ignore" feature is too heavy-handed. You can only ban posters. Maybe you're doing that because a poster likes Alanis Morrissette, but that means you can't see any non-Alanis posts the poster might post.

That's like killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

But what if the brain trust at Yahoo/Rivals found a way to ban subjects or keywords?

For example, if I banned any reference to Alanis then those posts wouldn't appear on my feed?

This would be a true American greatness story if Yahoo/Rivals could pull it off.

TIA.

No, no, no.

You don't get the point.

YOU might want to ban any post that mentions Alanis, but everyone else can see that post or thread, unless they banned that keyword, too.
No I get your point, I’m just purposing that rivals only allow you to wax about a limited amount of subjects so we can keep you on point.

I would so exploit that to make sure some people never see my content. Alanis Morissette.

The "ignore" feature is too heavy-handed. You can only ban posters. Maybe you're doing that because a poster likes Alanis Morrissette, but that means you can't see any non-Alanis posts the poster might post.

But what if the brain trust at Yahoo/Rivals found a way to ban subjects or keywords?

For example, if I banned any reference to Alanis then those posts wouldn't appear on my feed?

This would be a true American greatness story if Yahoo/Rivals could pull it off.

TIA.
Pretty sure they're using a message board solution they didn't write. Wouldn't be overly hard to do what you want, but I don't know if they're in business of messing with source code like that.

Here's a crazy thought,.. How about we don't filter anything, and just allow people to be exposed to new thoughts, concepts & ideas,.. Radical, I know.

TIA.
If you don’t agree with a poster’s opinion of Alanis Morissette then why would you want to read anything else they have to say about any subject?

Reactions: Moral
If you don’t agree with a poster’s opinion of Alanis Morissette then why would you want to read anything else they have to say about any subject?

So Alanis Morissette is sort of the universal measuring stick?...

Here's a crazy thought,.. How about we don't filter anything, and just allow people to be exposed to new thoughts, concepts & ideas,.. Radical, I know.
America was at it's best when there were no new thoughts, concepts, or ideas. People just worked until they died, and turned out as many kids as they could in the meantime.

There were also no colors - everything was just kind of sepiatone.

barn-for-sale-with-black-crows-in-sepia-tone-randall-nyhof.jpg

Make America Steinbeck Again!

ADVERTISEMENT