ADVERTISEMENT

An open letter from Wapello county District Attorney to the citizens of Wapello county

THE_DEVIL

HB King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
449686041_782300677427197_6627808926626958262_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HunkDronkey
Yikes:
Dennison, George Edward11/28/2023Ottumwa Police DepartmentWhiteMale
Warrant: Probation Violation warrant AGIN032322 issued by Wapello, IA (708.7(2) - Harassment 1st Deg -- Threaten Forcible Felony); Arrest Date 11/28/2023; Bond - Cash Only, $10000.00;
Warrant: Probation Violation warrant FECR013894 issued by Wapello, IA (707.11(1) - Attempt to Commit Murder); Arrest Date 11/28/2023; Bond - Cash Only, $10000.00;

"Mar. 24—OTTUMWA — A man received a suspended prison sentence after pleading guilty to charges that he shot his wife with a crossbow arrow.
Dennison was fined $1,025 for the two charges in the case relating to his use of a crossbow on Aug. 17, 2022. He was originally charged with with attempted murder, intimidation with a dangerous weapon, going armed with intent, and domestic abuse assault with intent to inflict serious injury. As part of the agreement, the attempted murder and domestic abuse charges was dismissed with costs assessed to Dennison.

Court documents said Dennison and his wife had been in an argument, and that Dennison fired an arrow at her with a crossbow after she went to sleep. The arrow struck her hand, pinning it to the pillow she was resting on. The victim was treated and released at a local hospital."

Sounds like Wapello County should raise their taxes and build a bigger jail if the residents think it's a problem.
They won't.

https://wapello-so-ia.zuercherportal.com/#/inmates
lol… these folks with sentences that long aren’t in the county jail. They are in the state system. The state of Iowa paroles them out early due to space issues and yet cutting taxes instead of building another prison and staffing it.

• Haha
Looking through the inmate list, it's a lot of drugs. The press release wants to make people upset these people are being released 'early'.
But, maybe it's the sentences that are excessive. Low level drug, theft and other offenses get hit with serious prison time.
But, you try to steal an election...nothing.

Reactions: artradley
The optics of sentence lengths all depends on how a state sentences. If it’s selling meth for example, and Iowa sentences you to 10 years, and typically paroles in 2 years - if 2 years is typical time served for that crime, what’s the issue with the release - other than it looked like they had to do 10 years?

I’m assuming Iowa doesn’t have truth in sentencing laws given that list? Where is @Jimmy McGill and other Iowa attorneys for their thoughts?

• Haha
Yikes:
Dennison, George Edward11/28/2023Ottumwa Police DepartmentWhiteMale
Warrant: Probation Violation warrant AGIN032322 issued by Wapello, IA (708.7(2) - Harassment 1st Deg -- Threaten Forcible Felony); Arrest Date 11/28/2023; Bond - Cash Only, $10000.00;
Warrant: Probation Violation warrant FECR013894 issued by Wapello, IA (707.11(1) - Attempt to Commit Murder); Arrest Date 11/28/2023; Bond - Cash Only, $10000.00;

"Mar. 24—OTTUMWA — A man received a suspended prison sentence after pleading guilty to charges that he shot his wife with a crossbow arrow.
Dennison was fined $1,025 for the two charges in the case relating to his use of a crossbow on Aug. 17, 2022. He was originally charged with with attempted murder, intimidation with a dangerous weapon, going armed with intent, and domestic abuse assault with intent to inflict serious injury. As part of the agreement, the attempted murder and domestic abuse charges was dismissed with costs assessed to Dennison.

Court documents said Dennison and his wife had been in an argument, and that Dennison fired an arrow at her with a crossbow after she went to sleep. The arrow struck her hand, pinning it to the pillow she was resting on. The victim was treated and released at a local hospital."
Ladies and gentlemen, behold, this is rural Iowa!

Brenna Bird will save us!!!!!

Nm...she's still trying to deny she authorized the gambling investigation at Iowa and ISU.

• Wow
It makes it very difficult for LE who put tons of time and effort into these cases to see them get dumped. That creates reactive cops instead of proactive cops.

Does Iowa have truth in sentencing? Are these people being paroled because they are reaching usual sentence length or overcrowding?

• Wow
No, it's because of shitty county attorneys who don't want to go to trial and shitty judges that don't take these crimes seriously.

I’m not understanding. Are these plea deals reached because the county attorney doesn’t want to go to trial and the judge can’t be bothered? In other words, they will plea deal for a 10 year sentence with a rec for release on parole at 2 years? Is that’s what happening?

• Haha
I’m not understanding. Are these plea deals reached because the county attorney doesn’t want to go to trial and the judge can’t be bothered? In other words, they will plea deal for a 10 year sentence with a rec for release on parole at 2 years? Is that’s what happening?
Yes, you are basically correct. You see many County Attorney's not wanting to go to trial, so they accept ridiculous plea deals. However, in their defense, they can't take every case to trial, so they have to accept some plea deals. Then judges give ridiculous light sentences for several different reasons. Even if a judge gives a light sentence, when that person violates probation or gets arrested again my opinion is the judges need to drop the hammer and make them serve serious time. Enough of these multiple different chances with no real repercussions.

Yes, you are basically correct. You see many County Attorney's not wanting to go to trial, so they accept ridiculous plea deals. However, in their defense, they can't take every case to trial, so they have to accept some plea deals. Then judges give ridiculous light sentences for several different reasons. Even if a judge gives a light sentence, when that person violates probation or gets arrested again my opinion is the judges need to drop the hammer and make them serve serious time. Enough of these multiple different chances with no real repercussions.
Judges set the maximum length of incarceration and the parole board decides when people get out.

• Wow
Judges set the maximum length of incarceration and the parole board decides when people get out.
In prisons yes, but in jail the judge handles the minimum and maximum amount of jail time. What I'm saying is the judge should give heavy minimums when they see multiple repeat offenses.

• Angry
As a taxpayer I support jail time for repeat offenders. Karma should apply in sentencing.

I’m trying to understand what liberals want but you guys make it very difficult to discern.

On one hand you complain that our incarceration rates are too high and that non-violent drug offenders shouldn’t be in jail.

And then on the other hand you complain when non-violent drug offenders are paroled before their sentence is completed.

If I didn’t know better I might be inclined to think you guys just like to complain.

I knew a few dennisons but I didn't know George. Not that I know of, his picture doesn't look real familiar in the mugshots and I mean mug shots plural

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT