ADVERTISEMENT

Android Watch People?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I have an iPhone and Apple Watch but have always been curious about the watches offered by Samsung and Pixel.

I noticed recently that you can get a new, older Galaxy Watch4 on eBay for well within my toy budget. So I grabbed one just to play with it. I got the 46mm Classic with LTE for $83. The 40mm version is just $72.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had some itchy money in their toy budget. And also in case some here have good tips on how to get the most out of these watches.

Note to iPhone folks: these don't play nice with iPhones. I have an older Android phone (Motorola) that I use mainly for audiobooks, so not a problem.

Here's a link to the smaller one. Same seller has the bigger one, too. I have no affiliation.

Samsung offers some great deals with new watches. I bought a GW4 on ebay for $40 just to trade in on a GW6 Classic. It was like $70 with the trade. They now have the GW7 deals going with high trade values. You can also get an EDU/employer discount. Mine is with the govt discount. There's always a post on Slickdeals with the info.

I have a Z flip 5, I got the watch for $99 when I purchased the phone, I like the watch but the battery life on it is not good, It’s not a huge deal because I just put it on the charger every night when I go to bed.

Reactions: gohawks50 and Moral
I received a Galaxy 6 watch as a Christmas gift. Works great although it's the only 1 I've ever worn so I can't compare.

One thing I learned the hard way was I need to remove it when I watch sports on television. I cheer and clap like I'm at the game. Unfortunately hard claps can result in accidental embarrassing 911 calls!😳

I have a Z flip 5, I got the watch for $99 when I purchased the phone, I like the watch but the battery life on it is not good, It’s not a huge deal because I just put it on the charger every night when I go to bed.

I had the Pixel watch because I wanted to track my sleep plus steps and had the same issue with the battery.

I ended up going with a Fitbit instead and it goes about 15 days on a charge. However, it's a dumb watch.

I received a Galaxy 6 watch as a Christmas gift. Works great although it's the only 1 I've ever worn so I can't compare.

One thing I learned the hard way was I need to remove it when I watch sports on television. I cheer and clap like I'm at the game. Unfortunately hard claps can result in accidental embarrassing 911 calls!😳

I had an LG phone that ended up getting a push the power button 5 times and call 911 feature after an update. I accidentally called 911 twice before I figured out how it was happening.

Samsung offers some great deals with new watches. I bought a GW4 on ebay for $40 just to trade in on a GW6 Classic. It was like $70 with the trade. They now have the GW7 deals going with high trade values. You can also get an EDU/employer discount. Mine is with the govt discount. There's always a post on Slickdeals with the info.
Yeah. The high trade-in was one of factors that decided me on getting the Watch4. Cost me $83 and the trade-in is $200. With the pre-order discount, the Watch7 might be coming my way. Assuming I like the way these Samsung watches work.

I have an iPhone and Apple Watch but have always been curious about the watches offered by Samsung and Pixel.

I noticed recently that you can get a new, older Galaxy Watch4 on eBay for well within my toy budget. So I grabbed one just to play with it. I got the 46mm Classic with LTE for $83. The 40mm version is just $72.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had some itchy money in their toy budget. And also in case some here have good tips on how to get the most out of these watches.

Note to iPhone folks: these don't play nice with iPhones. I have an older Android phone (Motorola) that I use mainly for audiobooks, so not a problem.

Here's a link to the smaller one. Same seller has the bigger one, too. I have no affiliation.

I have an Active 2, got it for 80 bucks or so a few year back. It does what it's supposed to do and, like all Androids, is very customizable. I have like 20 different faces I can switch between (and probably 100K+ more if I was so inclined).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT