ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz, Clark Kellogg, Dick Vitale, Seth Greenberg & Reece Davis have Iowa in Final 4. Katz Does Not See a Team that is a Bad Match Up for IOWA

Yes the tournament is the ultimate crap shoot. Iowa has a good team. The growth of Perkins gives them 3 guys who are legitimately good two-way players (both Murrays and now Perkins). I mean guys who are above-average to very good on both offense and defense. The rest of the roster has unique skill sets that fill roles very well.

All a team can do is try to play with great effort and attention to detail. You can't predict which games the 3's are going to go in at a high rate or when the opponent is going to play great. At some point, one would think that Iowa could have a bracket open up or just catch a break in the tournament. The more wins they can pile up here in the BTT, the more opportunity for luck they are creating for themselves in the NCAA. For example, what if Iowa could get a 5 or 4 seed, and then win the first round game and have the 4 seed lose to the 13? That never happens to Iowa. z

Team has been a load of fun to watch play the last month+. Just need a break or 2 to go their way in the really close games here to end the season.
This. Iowa has not had the breaks in the close games in the B1G. The games they have won have been by bigger numbers. Iowa is due to win a close one, hopefully for the B1G Tournament title.

Fran finally wins more than 1 game in the BTT. Let’s hope he breaks the same jinx next week in the NCAA!

Stephen Bardo commented during the broadcast that Fran is really happy with this team and as a result, during the game yesterday and today, looked "calm, cool and collected."

Andy Katz said the same thing yesterday.

In the postgame, on BTN TV:

Fran said that his goal is to get every player to play with supreme confidence

Mike Hlas of the Gazette asked why he gave the Murray twins scholarships a couple years ago.

Fran: Anybody that had watched them play, they would have come to the same conclusion that I did. .... What they are doing now is not a shock to me.

It seems Iowa can change the lineups to match up whomever they are playing. Some games, Jbo needs to sit in favor of Joe and vice versa. Connor came into today because Pat doesn't play well against physical teams. Love it all. Fun team to watch.

I'm here and we've been to each game with good seats, from some nice Illinois fans, for today.

We are focused and our D is on f'ing point.

Joe, Connor, Tony, and the twins are are the best five left. Period.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset , have plenty of tissues for your tears of joy.

Your dreams are gonna come true!!!

FNqCzJ6WQAwHyOm

@HawkBall23 see the previous 2 posts along with the orig post from Thursday.

Iowa is the trendy pick to make the Final 4
I love the respect the Hawks are getting, as its hella deserved for the past 5-6 weeks. They absolutely deserve to be praised for what they've done in that stretch.

But almost everyone is all about Iowa now, bracketologists and experts.

Here's hoping the team does their best to ignore all the outside hype and expectations and just keeps on trucking on as they have been in the last 14 games.

Katz Does Not Believe there is a Team out there that is a Bad Match Up for IOWA​

I do:
Gonzaga
Baylor
Texas Tech
Kentucky
Duke
Tennessee
Houston
Arizona
These teams scare me. We don't scare anyone. We might be better but we're not putting the fear of God in any of them. Doesn't mean we can't beat them of course.

Providence scares me.

Katz Does Not Believe there is a Team out there that is a Bad Match Up for IOWA​

I do:
Gonzaga
Baylor
Texas Tech
Kentucky
Duke
Tennessee
Houston
Arizona
These teams scare me. We don't scare anyone. We might be better but we're not putting the fear of God in any of them. Doesn't mean we can't beat them of course.

Providence scares me.
Richmond scares me…
I hate spiders!

I do:
Gonzaga
Baylor
Texas Tech
Kentucky
Duke
Tennessee
Houston
Arizona

Providence scares me.
I call bullshit in the we don't scare anyone

It doesn't work that way, but if it did.... going off just the stretch from February 1 through now, Iowa is not only the best B1G team but an NCAA 2-seed worthy team.

Only the crazy amount of missed bunnies vs Michigan and missed FTs in Champaign kept them from being undefeated in their last 14 games and 18-6/28-7 right now. [would actually be 17-6/27-7 if had went undefeated in last 13 games]

Also, this team was 27 points - in B1G games - from finishing the regular season as 18-2/28-3.

As 'shaky' - yet still really close - as they were before February, they turned it all around and proved it wasn't a fluke that they were only just over 4 ppg worse than the competition in 6 losses from having an amazing overall regular season.

Last edited:

I do:
Gonzaga
Baylor
Texas Tech
Kentucky
Duke
Tennessee
Houston
Arizona

Providence scares me.

I am just going by what Katz thinks, which i find interesting.

Katz has watched a lot more basketball than any of us. He knows these other teams a lot better than any of us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT