ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz, Clark Kellogg, Dick Vitale, Seth Greenberg & Reece Davis have Iowa in Final 4. Katz Does Not See a Team that is a Bad Match Up for IOWA

Richmond scares me…
I hate spiders!

200.gif

tenor.png

If the above got cut off....

Below are the teams sorted by Final Four probability. Michigan and North Carolina have pretty decent roads to New Orleans given their seed. Iowa has the best odds outside of any top 3 seed.

FN0bjwqXwAUI9FW

Maybe Im out of the loop but who is Evan Miya? Has he done well in previous March Madness simulations?

Maybe Im out of the loop but who is Evan Miya? Has he done well in previous March Madness simulations?

He does college basketball advanced analytics.

He has a PhD in statistics.

He's made appearances on ESPN and CBS and has been featured in Sports Illustrated, the Associated Press and other publications.

Not sure about his accuracy, however.

He does college basketball advanced analytics.

He has a PhD in statistics.

He's made appearances on ESPN and CBS and has been featured in Sports Illustrated, the Associated Press and other publications.

Not sure about his accuracy, however.
Cool - thanks Fran. I'll check out his analytics a little more.

Never a bad thing when filling out brackets

Reactions: Franisdaman
Cool - thanks Fran. I'll check out his analytics a little more.

Never a bad thing when filling out brackets

It is interesting.

In case the above got cut off, below are the teams sorted by Sweet 16 probability.

Also, as you can see, Iowa is given an 82.2% chance of winning their 1st game and a 62.1% chance of advancing to the Sweet 16.

FN0T5DbXwAIUCS5

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
This is awesome! As I have said, just give me one Sweet 16 and everything else would be gravy.

Reactions: 83Hawk
AJ Guyton has a podcast and most recent episode is with Raphael Davis. He likes Iowa, too. And this was recorded just before the B1G tourney.

Stephen Bardo said to hold on regarding the Final 4 talk but he thought Iowa could definitely make the Sweet 16.

Hell, Loyola Chicago has made a recent Final 4. Why not Iowa?

Love this team!

Go Hawks!!!

EDIT:

Mike Hall in a later segment asked Andy Katz what gave Andy the confidence that Iowa could make the Final 4.

Andy's check list:

* You need a star. Keegan can carry them

* Iowa makes 3's

* Iowa's offensive efficiency is off the charts

* Iowa's defense is so much better

* Fran is really confident in this group. Bardo starting shaking his head yes in agreement. Fran is not yelling that much at the team right now because he is liking what he is seeing.

* The NCAA Tournament is all about match ups. Andy is not sure there is a team out there that is a bad match up for IOWA; this Iowa team can fly up and down the court.

Bardo, on why he thinks Iowa can make the Sweet 16:

* JBo is looking healthy

* Iowa hits the offensive glass

* Iowa can win a # of different ways

* Perkins gets after you & is gaining confidence

* Iowa has so much depth. Sandfort is now coming off the bench and producing
I would rather have everyone picking against us.

Having people like Seth Davis pick you to the final four is like the kiss of death.
Kansas and Auburn would both be difficult matchups for Iowa.

Fran loses his game as a higher seed how many times. Pull that stat. Lol
In the years we even make it to the dance.

I keep expecting the bottom to fall out on this great ride the team's been on since February 1, but it doesn't seem like its going to happen. They just keep maintaining the peak they're on.

Aside from the many missed dunks & bunnies vs Michigan and all the missed FTs @ ILL on Sunday night, Iowa has not beat themselves since February started. And consequently, the two times they did are the only two times they've lost in that stretch.

And ALL wins in this 9-2 stretch have been by 10+.
said bottom finally fell out... :confused:

He had Kentucky and Iowa in the Title game and both go down today.

You can't make this up.
That is pretty bad, to have half your F4 and complete NTG gone on Day 1.

But considering the guy just beat Cancer and pretty sure he wasn't depending on winning the 'office pool' for need of the money, I think he'll find a way to survive the humiliation.

All that said, sometimes the basket has a lid on it and you do lose games you shouldn't, but at least i don't see Iowa getting blown out in first 5 minutes of nccaa tourney games like they have in several of their round of 32 games.
Yup... :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT