ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz, when looking at the 12 B1G Early Entrants in NBA Draft, says Luka will return to IOWA

How does Luka compare to Frank Kaminsky? He was a first rounder (9th pick). He also came out of nowhere, so to speak. similar size, but Luka has more robust scoring stats.

I feel like Kaminsky has a little more natural athleticism, albeit still limited. Other than that, I just dont recall his game too well. Thoughts? Any other player that Luka compares to?

How does Luka compare to Frank Kaminsky? He was a first rounder (9th pick). He also came out of nowhere, so to speak. similar size, but Luka has more robust scoring stats.

I feel like Kaminsky has a little more natural athleticism, albeit still limited. Other than that, I just dont recall his game too well. Thoughts? Any other player that Luka compares to?

Frank hit from deep. He was a serious 3-point threat.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
I'm going off the top of my head so this could be wrong...but I seem to remember Frank having better feet when he left Wisconsin. Not necessarily better overall speed.....

Reactions: BirdistheWord

Don't follow the NBA. How has Kaminski done?

I never draft Frank in NBA2k, that's all you need to know. :)

I think Luka will end up developing his low post to a high enough level he will look a lot like old school NBA guys.
That has been and always will be very hard to stop.
That kind of guy in the low post demands a double and in todays game with the shooters that are out there they will have easy pickins if Luka dials in when to kick it back out.
Hopefully we get to see a precursor to that for Iowa this fall.

Reactions: iamia
the biggest difference between these two is how they move...Frank is/was far quicker (especially laterally) and a much better ball-handler, both made him much more attractive to the NBA.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Unfortunately I think the odds of a normal season will only look worse in the next 2-3 weeks, for the first time I'm concerned we've seen the last of him in Carver.

Worst case scenario is we start the season in January.

March Madness won't be canceled 2 years in a row.

He'll be back. Not just cuz I said so. It's because it's what everyone has been saying the last 4 months.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I think the key to Luka’s return won’t be tied to his athletic limitations, but the likelihood that the NCAA season is played. If football folds it’s tent my bet is Luka goes. The current uncertainty of the season being played is my biggest fear and makes me lean towards expecting him to leave.

I think the key to Luka’s return won’t be tied to his athletic limitations, but the likelihood that the NCAA season is played. If football folds it’s tent my bet is Luka goes. The current uncertainty of the season being played is my biggest fear and makes me lean towards expecting him to leave.
I think we have a season (and Luka part of Iowa's season) for several reasons:

* Great vaccine news yesterday.
* No way March Madness gets canceled 2 years in a row
* Season could be moved to January, if needed. That's 5 1/2 months from now. We are only 4 months in and we learn more and more about the virus every day. Lots can can happen with the virus and treatments (a vaccine?) between now and 5 1/2 months from now. And in 5 1/2 months, things can get figured out in how to make the season (and the postseason) happen.

I agree with the direction you're taking.
Luka can certainly improve some things about his game with another year. His deficits in quickness, speed, lateral movement and jumping ability though are what they are.
But him coming back is probably more dependent on the prospect of having a bball season.

I think we have a season (and Luka part of Iowa's season) for several reasons:

* Great vaccine news yesterday.
* No way March Madness gets canceled 2 years in a row
* Season could be moved to January, if needed. That's 5 1/2 months from now. We are only 4 months in and we learn more and more about the virus every day. Lots can can happen with the virus and treatments (a vaccine?) between now and 5 1/2 months from now. And in 5 1/2 months, things can get figured out in how to make the season (and the postseason) happen.
Bball has about 1/5 the size of fball rosters/staff so I do think it’s much easier to manage. Not to mention # of cases will likely peak in early fall so we should be on the upswing.

Reactions: Franisdaman
There are a lot of peripheral issues. It's not just playing the games. There is transportation and lodging as well. The NBA is putting their players in a relatively safe, heavily controlled bubble. Colleges can't do that with their players. Every aspect of every game will have to be closely monitored, inspected and sanitized. It will be a monumental endeavor.

ADVERTISEMENT