ADVERTISEMENT

Anger or apathy?

I feel anger, perspective, garbage fire witness. The anger comes out considering how great the defense and special teams are. This might be the best Iowa defense I witness.

My anger with KF has always been with the QB decisions. Especially Pittsburgh 2008.

It's interesting, I have distinct memories of an "apathy" discussion during the 2007 and 2012 seasons. Not so coincidentally, terrible quarterback play/offense was involved with both seasons. This year looks to be eerily similar to 2012 unfortunately. KF/the program was able to recover from those doldrums and actually build to some great years. I'm not sure he can do that now (older, no Doyle, NIL has been a net negative so far for a developmental program).

May be time for the Athletic Department to dust off the "Get Mad" paraphernalia so we know how to act the rest of the year...

Theyll beat some bad teams to close it out and try to sell it as improvement. 2023 will come with zero changes

• Angry
Reactions: torbee
1998 Minnesota Vikings was my breaking point.

I was devastated, didn’t watch ESPN for two weeks to avoid any rehash.

I then heard Robert Smith (stop running out of bounds dumbass) on radio talking about flying out to Vegas with teammates a few days after game. I realized many of the actual players likely don’t take it as hard as I do.

still a big fan of several teams but regardless of winning/losing my life activities really don’t change, just my mood if I let it.

I don’t let it anymore.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Apathy.

I slept through the IL game. I was "in and out" for the entire game and didnt hear anything that would make me perk up.

1998 Minnesota Vikings was my breaking point.

I was devastated, didn’t watch ESPN for two weeks to avoid any rehash.

I then heard Robert Smith (stop running out of bounds dumbass) on radio talking about flying out to Vegas with teammates a few days after game. I realized many of the actual players likely don’t take it as hard as I do.

still a big fan of several teams but regardless of winning/losing my life activities really don’t change, just my mood if I let it.

I don’t let it anymore.

I had this moment last year at the Big 10 championship game. I should have had it sooner.

Watching Spencer Petras play QB is the most painful sports fandom experience of my life. "Labored" is the most apt description. He seems like a nice kid, but I don't believe we will ever see worse at Iowa.
Jake Christensen ran circles around Petra’s when it came to futility, in my humble opinion. The offenses under FXL were as futile as this year’s, as I remember them. That does not excuse this year’s offensive struggles one bit. Just giving you all a frame of reference.
Also, in 1964 Iowa had a very highly rated pre-season FB team. That team ended up with 1 win and barely scored any points that year...and offensively, Iowa was loaded that year.

Reactions: torbee
I just…I can’t. Kirk CANNOT bring Brian back. Could there possibly be a worse indictment of an offensive coordinator than to say, “Did you know that the team you coach for would’ve been better off if you punted on first down?”
If he does. Kirk has completely lost it and should retire. Heck a case can be made for firing him with cause for putting his son above the program.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT