ADVERTISEMENT

Announcers this weekend?

Chuck Long is doing color and some guy I've never heard of before is the PBP. It's in the game notes which you can find on hawkeyesports.com.

Read that Long was switched to the Michigan game. Mason supposedly will be taking his place.

Yes, that is confirmed. Long wanted this game, but for some reason had to switch due to a schedule of somebody else.

Also, did you know Long can only do ONE Iowa game per year? And he has to wear neutral colored tie when he does.

The more you know...

Yes, that is confirmed. Long wanted this game, but for some reason had to switch due to a schedule of somebody else.

Also, did you know Long can only do ONE Iowa game per year? And he has to wear neutral colored tie when he does.

The more you know...

Honestly that is for the best, as long as they do that for everyone's alma mater. Obviously Chuck Long is professional but you don't want any room for bias with any announcers

Glen Mason is giving his best friend's eulogy Friday. They switched Mason to the Iowa game and Long to the Michigan game to provide ample travel and recover time for Mason.

Glen Mason is giving his best friend's eulogy Friday. They switched Mason to the Iowa game and Long to the Michigan game to provide ample travel and recover time for Mason.

Mason has always been objective when talking about Iowa Football. He will do a good job.

Mason does a good job...really spoke highly of BS #68 left tackle 2 years ago.

Buddy told me Mason answered a question on a call in show or something where somebody asked if Iowa fans should buy tickets to Indianapolis. I guess he said yes because even if your team isn't there it's a great experience.

I have no idea the context in which it was said, I was just texted the information from a friend.

As long as it's a non-conference game, they should let the former players play the role of homer announcers. I get that for a conference game, the other team would be pissed, but it's the freaking Big Ten Network. A little homerism should be allowed.

Glen Mason in the booth has that same feel as Don Meredith.
Have always enjoyed Mason on the BTN and I'll probably get a chuckle out of something he says.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT