ADVERTISEMENT

Another Article about Hawks

Revisit my post again, we are not relevant here’s how I know it: when is the last time we won our conference championship? Keep in mind, KF states every year is the team’s goal.

So how do we have the same coach for this many years without a conference championship, which is the coach’s own benchmark of success?
We could do it your way, but then we risk seeing if the grass is greener on the other side. Patience and steadfast leadership wins these battles, not emotional decision making. Plus, it’s not fun paying millions in buyout money so KF can sit on a beach while trying to come up with big time money for the hot new guy we may end up firing 5 years later. Other programs are doing this and it’s not working out well for them.

Stay calm.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks.”

-
Winston Churchill

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
We aren't relevant. Everyone is talking about us because it is truly unbelievable how pathetic we are, and how glaring the nepotism is. Nothing positive is being said, we are being made fun of when talked about.
If you stopped thinking so emotionally, you would understand that if Iowa was not relevant in the college football world, nobody in the national media would be talking about us.

The worst P5 offenses in CFB the last 3 years:

2021 - Vanderbilt
2020 - Vanderbilt
2019 - Rutgers

Can you point me to all of the articles the national media wrote about those programs and their terrible offenses?

this yahoo quote is so perfect...

"It’s a complete embarrassment for a proud program that has won a lot of games, yet Ferentz refuses to make changes to his coaching staff that he’s directly responsible for. If it’s too difficult for Ferentz to at least demote his son, it speaks volumes about what a poor hire it was in the first place."

Reactions: radicalhawk
Well how about if we go back 18 years, which is exactly how long it’s been since Iowa even shared a conference title? Yes, I think that’s an excellent place to start when looking at relevancy in CFB. Conversely, are you telling me winning championships is irrelevant? Only an Iowa fan would argue this in defense of KF 😂.
Wtf does that have to do with being relevant right now, today, in today's college football?

Wtf does that have to do with being relevant right now, today, in today's college football?
It is exactly the reason Iowa is not relevant and has not been.

Again, let me define relevant for you:

Winning championships!

That’s it, that is all that matters and your head coach agrees with me.

Well how about if we go back 18 years, which is exactly how long it’s been since Iowa even shared a conference title? Yes, I think that’s an excellent place to start when looking at relevancy in CFB. Conversely, are you telling me winning championships is irrelevant? Only an Iowa fan would argue this in defense of KF 😂.
Iowa was ranked #2 in the country exactly 1 year ago, and is irrelevant? that's funny.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
The Iowa football program is never going to meet the standards you are hoping for. With that said, competing for conference titles shouldn’t be a complete afterthought like it’s become.

The bottom line is the Iowa brand is stale, boring, and miserable to watch. Change is needed.

The Iowa football program is never going to meet the standards you are hoping for. With that said, competing for conference titles shouldn’t be a complete afterthought like it’s become.

The bottom line is the Iowa brand is stale, boring, and miserable to watch. Change is needed.
Iowa just played in a conference championship game ten months ago. Granted, it didn't go great, but to say competing for titles is a complete afterthought is simply wrong.

Also, I 100% agree with the second part of your post.

We could do it your way, but then we risk seeing if the grass is greener on the other side. Patience and steadfast leadership wins these battles, not emotional decision making. Plus, it’s not fun paying millions in buyout money so KF can sit on a beach while trying to come up with big time money for the hot new guy we may end up firing 5 years later. Other programs are doing this and it’s not working out well for them.

Stay calm.

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks.”

-
Winston Churchill
Other programs are doing it, and succeeding.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Iowa was ranked #2 in the country exactly 1 year ago, and is irrelevant? that's funny.
And Costal Carolina was ranked #9 in one of the polls too.

For perspective, just remember the teams records we beat last year to obtain that #2 ranking went a combined 33-44. ISU was ranked #9 (preseason #7) lol. More KF fools gold for ya.

Pretty sure we lost at home to unranked Purdue as the #2… talk about being relevant. 😂 We were national laughing stock relevant once again.

Iowa just played in a conference championship game ten months ago. Granted, it didn't go great, but to say competing for titles is a complete afterthought is simply wrong.

Also, I 100% agree with the second part of your post.
I said it shouldn’t be an afterthought. I agree with what you’re saying to an extent, but the West is trash, and Iowa backed into the championship game because Wisconsin got upset. I don’t believe Iowa was a serious contender last year and the BTCG pretty much proved that.

Outside of 2015’s “fake ID” squad, Iowa hasn’t had a team that’s a serious contender since 2009. That was 13 years ago.

I’m not saying the program has been trash during that time frame, as win totals have been impressive since 2015. However, what I am saying is those win totals need to be taken with a grain of salt given the level of competition in the West (not to mention the non-conference slate). I would add the offensive product on the field has continued to get worse, obviously culminating into the complete shit show we’re seeing in 2022. It’s so bad the rest of the country has taken notice.

Change is needed.

For perspective, just remember the teams records we beat last year to obtain that #2 ranking went a combined 33-44. ISU was ranked #9 (preseason #7) lol. More KF fools gold for ya.

Pretty sure we lost at home to unranked Purdue as the #2… talk about being relevant. 😂 We were national laughing stock relevant once again.

You're seriously just rambling and not making any of the points you think you're making lol.

Are you really trying to say that relevant programs don't lose games to unranked teams?

So now Hawk + i's definition of a relevant CFB team is winning conference championships in the last few years and you can't lose to an unranked opponent.

I think that leaves us with like two teams LOLOL

Iowa was a play away from the CFP Final Four in 2015. They've been ranked the majority of the time since then. Iowa won the Big Ten West last year and was ranked #2. All of which is quite literally the opposite of irrelevant.

Does the program need change? Yes. Arguing that Iowa football is irrelevant is objectively wrong, although I acknowledge you just might not know what the word "relevant" means.

Kirk sees how awesome Petras is every day in practice

CF8-E5080-08-F7-4-A98-9124-1-CCBADC341-B4.jpg
just because Kirk and the players say the “politically correct” things to the media doesn’t mean they’re oblivious to how bad out offense is performing…….

All these posts about Kirk not knowing or caring or even conspiracies about deliberately sabotage are idiotic

No one cares more about the performance of Iowa football than the people in the building

Did either of those programs have the head coach’s son employed as the OC?
No, but what exactly does your question have to do with the debate at hand, which is whether or not Iowa is relevant in today's world of college football?

You're seriously just rambling and not making any of the points you think you're making lol.

Are you really trying to say that relevant programs don't lose games to unranked teams?

So now Hawk + i's definition of a relevant CFB team is winning conference championships in the last few years and you can't lose to an unranked opponent.

I think that leaves us with like two teams LOLOL
Of course all of this is over your head, you’re quite conditioned on understanding what is true success and relevancy. 23 plus years of KF will do that to you. I now get why KF has been employed at Iowa for so long. He would never get away with this at relevant CFB programs, but our fanbase is completely clueless. Sit back and enjoy the mediocrity you deserve.

I don’t know. You’re the one who cited Iowa’s short-lived #2 ranking as proof of something. I was merely pointing out how stupid it was.
You're right you definitely don't know!
You point out Iowa is "irrelevant" at this snap-shot moment in time, but the #2 ranking just last year isn't proof of relevancy in college football? L.O.L. Have a good day and go Hawks.

Of course all of this is over your head, you’re quite conditioned on understanding what is true success and relevancy. 23 plus years of KF will do that to you. I now get why KF has been employed at Iowa for so long. He would never get away with this at relevant CFB programs, but our fanbase is completely clueless. Sit back and enjoy the mediocrity you deserve.
You must have missed where I said I 100% agreed with @BlackNGoldBleeder's comment saying, "The bottom line is the Iowa brand is stale, boring, and miserable to watch. Change is needed"

I don't think you understand how stupid you're making yourself look in this thread. You're telling strangers on an internet message board that they don't understand true success and relevancy when you're simply going off your own subjective, idiotic definition of what makes a program relevant.

You're acting as arrogant and naive as KF is right now lol.

Reactions: radicalhawk
If you stopped thinking so emotionally, you would understand that if Iowa was not relevant in the college football world, nobody in the national media would be talking about us.

The worst P5 offenses in CFB the last 3 years:

2021 - Vanderbilt
2020 - Vanderbilt
2019 - Rutgers

Can you point me to all of the articles the national media wrote about those programs and their terrible offenses?
Did all those offenses also have the coaches son for OC? No, not much of a story then huh? I’m assuming most got fired too. Nice try. “National Media”, you make me laugh.

You're right you definitely don't know!
You point out Iowa is "irrelevant" at this snap-shot moment in time, but the #2 ranking just last year isn't proof of relevancy in college football? L.O.L. Have a good day and go Hawks.
Actually, we’re talking about a reading comprehension issue. I said your point isn’t really relevant to the discussion given unmerited rankings occur all the time in college football.

The only thing I’ve said about relevance in terms of the Iowa football program is to ask for clarification on the standards being applied then stated my opinion that for a non-blue blood Iowa has been relevant. That’s it.

Good day to you.

Did all those offenses also have the coaches son for OC? No, not much of a story then huh? I’m assuming most got fired too. Nice try. “National Media”, you make me laugh.
Again, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Iowa football being relevant.

No, but what exactly does your question have to do with the debate at hand, which is whether or not Iowa is relevant in today's world of college football?
You believe Iowa is relevant because the national media is writing about its struggles. I’m attempting to make a point that these articles are written to highlight the blatant nepotism in this situation.

The fact we didn’t see similar writings in the national media during the dark days of GDGD proves my point. Tommy Boy getting away with sucking at his job with no consequences is the point.

Unfortunately, we just dont have the horses at OL and my gawd, our receiver room is turible. How many mediocre walk ons can one team claim as their WR's? We had zero margin for error with Johnson, Bruce, Jones and Ragaini. Jones is obviously gone, Ragaini hurt early and now Johnson hurt. We lost a few past WR recruits to transfer, but always seems like a position that is under recruited given its importance in today's game.

QB is a whole other story and am assuming this is one of our worst units top to bottom ever? I mean Kirk HAS made changes in the past, albeit rare, and I would give someone else the keys to see if they can generate anything. But to have zero confidence in anyone besides Petras speaks volumes to our recruiting/depth. We should always have a running QB somewhere on the team, even to run some goal line plays or something. I realize top end dual threat QB's dont grow on trees but we should absolutely have a dual threat guy. Could they be much less accurate than Petras?

Changing scheme is our only real lever at this point, and we all know that will not happen. Its how teams with a little less talent can win or at least have a chance to win.

Last edited:
You believe Iowa is relevant because the national media is writing about its struggles. I’m attempting to make a point that these articles are written to highlight the blatant nepotism in this situation.

The fact we didn’t see similar writings in the national media during the dark days of GDGD proves my point. Tommy Boy getting away with sucking at his job with no consequences is the point.
Lol no, I am pointing out that when relevant programs, like Iowa, go through stretches like Iowa is going through, the national media is going to write about it. They don't do that with irrelevant programs like Rutgers and Vanderbilt.

See Michigan State in 2020 (#117 ranked offense) or Tennessee in 2019 (#121 ranked offense). The national media spoke extensively about their inept offensives, you just weren't paying as close of attention as you do with Iowa.

Oh, and guess what, neither of those teams' head coaches had their kid coaching offense. Unfortunately for Iowa, BF just adds more fuel to the fire right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT