ADVERTISEMENT

Another hawt teacher....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
teacher-sexual-relationship-student-999.jpg

A married Pennsylvania high school choir director was arrested for a sexual relationship with a female student after her irate husband alerted administrators, according to reports.

Olivia Ortz, 26, was taken into custody Monday and hit with two counts of sexual activity with a 17-year-old student at Wilmington Area High School, New Castle News reported.

Her husband, who did freelance work for the school’s music department, found incriminating messages on Ortz’s iPad after coming home from a recent trip to Florida and told the principal.

Ortz, of Hermitage, was suspended on May 9 and had a warrant was issued for her arrest on Friday,

According to reports, she declined to immediately turn herself in and even sang in a local concert on Sunday before finally surrendering the following day.

Remarkably, Ortz’s predecessor as the school’s music director, Jonathan Priano, 37, is also facing similar charges of sexual misconduct with students.

He allegedly had an affinity for tickling the feet of coeds and forming inappropriately close relationships with them, according to reports. His criminal case is pending.

Acting on tips from Ortz’s husband, investigators found more than 100 messages between the choir leader and her female student using Spotify’s chat function.

The pair allegedly has a code word in case their illicit dalliance was ever discovered.

In interviews with police, the student admitted to going to the teacher’s home when her spouse was away and that they had sex on several occasions.

The girl said she returned to Ortz’s home after her husband discovered their relationship to offer the teacher comfort, according to WTAE.

Authorities said they interviewed the teen and her parents again on May 5 after executing a conclusive search warrant.

The teen defiantly told them that the pair were still communicating despite looming criminal charges for Ortz and that they are in love.

Ortz is being held in the Lawrence County lockup on $150,000 bond and her next hearing is set for May 25

Priano, who faces 10 counts of sexual assault and two counts of unlawful contact with minors, had a pretrial hearing set for June.

I’ll ignore the obvious that has been covered already.

I do wonder if this is more common with choir and band teachers. They typically have more students, spend more time with students because they teach extra-curricular that meet through the whole school year and also have summer camps, spend time with students after hours at concerts, competitions, trips, etc., and many times meet one on one with students for lessons. That creates a lot of opportunities for bad things to develop.

I know that right after I graduated we had a new band teacher at my old high school that was younger. One of my female friends still in school told me a bit about some of their conversations. They seemed inappropriate for a teacher/student convo. Makes me wonder if they guy was attempting grooming of students and if he went through with anything ever. We also had a choir teacher during my time that was fairly chummy with students, even outside of school activities, but I don’t think crossed the line into illegal territory.

There is a fine line between being a fun teacher that has a good relationship with students and being a creepy teacher that has too much fun with students. The best band teacher I had knew where that limit was and put a kibosh on convos when they got close to that point. Plus he kept his personal life fairly private aside from his wife attending functions.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I’ll ignore the obvious that has been covered already.

I do wonder if this is more common with choir and band teachers. They typically have more students, spend more time with students because they teach extra-curricular that meet through the whole school year and also have summer camps, spend time with students after hours at concerts, competitions, trips, etc., and many times meet one on one with students for lessons. That creates a lot of opportunities for bad things to develop.

I know that right after I graduated we had a new band teacher at my old high school that was younger. One of my female friends still in school told me a bit about some of their conversations. They seemed inappropriate for a teacher/student convo. Makes me wonder if they guy was attempting grooming of students and if he went through with anything ever. We also had a choir teacher during my time that was fairly chummy with students, even outside of school activities, but I don’t think crossed the line into illegal territory.

There is a fine line between being a fun teacher that has a good relationship with students and being a creepy teacher that has too much fun with students. The best band teacher I had knew where that limit was and put a kibosh on convos when they got close to that point. Plus he kept his personal life fairly private aside from his wife attending functions.
That’s a good point/observation. And I think it just reminded me that we may have had that situation back in my high school. But it was the ‘80s and stuff like that got handled very discreetly. i.e. no charges filed and the teacher (band director) just moves on. Kinda like the RCC’s model for pedophile priests.

That’s a good point/observation. And I think it just reminded me that we may have had that situation back in my high school. But it was the ‘80s and stuff like that got handled very discreetly. i.e. no charges filed and the teacher (band director) just moves on. Kinda like the RCC’s model for pedophile priests.
That happened all the time in the 80s. The band director at my high school started a relationship with a student and they ended up getting married. Yeah, there were no charges. It was just a topic for gossip until graduation then they moved away together. As far as I know, they're still married.

teacher-sexual-relationship-student-999.jpg

A married Pennsylvania high school choir director was arrested for a sexual relationship with a female student after her irate husband alerted administrators, according to reports.

Olivia Ortz, 26, was taken into custody Monday and hit with two counts of sexual activity with a 17-year-old student at Wilmington Area High School, New Castle News reported.

Her husband, who did freelance work for the school’s music department, found incriminating messages on Ortz’s iPad after coming home from a recent trip to Florida and told the principal.

Ortz, of Hermitage, was suspended on May 9 and had a warrant was issued for her arrest on Friday,

According to reports, she declined to immediately turn herself in and even sang in a local concert on Sunday before finally surrendering the following day.

Remarkably, Ortz’s predecessor as the school’s music director, Jonathan Priano, 37, is also facing similar charges of sexual misconduct with students.

He allegedly had an affinity for tickling the feet of coeds and forming inappropriately close relationships with them, according to reports. His criminal case is pending.

Acting on tips from Ortz’s husband, investigators found more than 100 messages between the choir leader and her female student using Spotify’s chat function.

The pair allegedly has a code word in case their illicit dalliance was ever discovered.

In interviews with police, the student admitted to going to the teacher’s home when her spouse was away and that they had sex on several occasions.

The girl said she returned to Ortz’s home after her husband discovered their relationship to offer the teacher comfort, according to WTAE.

Authorities said they interviewed the teen and her parents again on May 5 after executing a conclusive search warrant.

The teen defiantly told them that the pair were still communicating despite looming criminal charges for Ortz and that they are in love.

Ortz is being held in the Lawrence County lockup on $150,000 bond and her next hearing is set for May 25

Priano, who faces 10 counts of sexual assault and two counts of unlawful contact with minors, had a pretrial hearing set for June.

$150,000 bail....is she that dangerous/likely to run? That seems really excessive to me.

Husband was irate? That was the last emotion he felt. First was curiosity then excitement and when they wouldn't let him join he was irate.

My guess is the messages he read included dialogue about him and his inadequacies or something to that effect. I would think if he read something like "if/when my husband finds out we can just add him to the mix" that he wouldn't have been irate.

ADVERTISEMENT