ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason why teachers are leaving...

Texas is a s***hole state. This is what happens when your governor, AG, and legislature go woke.
Governor Abbott (R)
AG Ken Paxton (R)
Legislature(R)
Actually they're just poor leaders. So far, only A grand jury Has indicted both Pete Arredondo and Adrian Gonzales. That's it.

Enabled by the people above us because of lawsuits. Enabled by godawful parents. It's not the school. We can only do what we're allowed to do.
One of the outcomes of what you’re describing is that the kids in school today are the product of generational failure before they came along. These kids are the offspring of what was in the classroom when I taught in the late 90’s. They grew up with no parenting and thus no examples were set for them to become adults themselves who possess one ounce of parenting skills.
And all they need to do is scream abuse…or unequal treatment…or discrimination…and the District Administrators back off. Good teachers aren’t supported so they leave and some of the replacements who come in end up being the clown shows who bring an agenda that puts the ABC’s and 1-2-3’s anywhere but at the top.
Like so many things in current society a frank conversation that brings the facts is overdue.
It’s on the PARENTS to send the child to school ready to learn and understanding that they are to obey themselves, pay attention, and listen to what’s being taught by the teacher, whom they must respect - along with their other classmates.

I support teachers.

Governor Abbott (R)
AG Ken Paxton (R)
Legislature(R)
Actually they're just poor leaders. So far, only A grand jury Has indicted both Pete Arredondo and Adrian Gonzales. That's it.
My kids graduated from good Texas schools. Like ANYWHERE in this country the quality of a school depends not on who the Governor is, but on the dedication of the Administrators and the teachers and very importantly on the parents who send their kids to school ready to learn and succeed.
Your district (Carroll ISD) is an outstanding one,
Twenty Five years ago my kids went to an outstanding elementary, junior high, and high school in a great area with highly educated parents who supported the schools and expected the best. I don’t know if it’s still as highly rated as it was in the 90’s but again, if the paying customers (aka tax paying parents) demand a good product they usually get it.

I went back to get my B.S. in English Ed (6-12), busted my tail to cram as many hours per semester as I could, as well as back to back summer sessions, and completed my internship fall of ‘98.
I realized early on that my hands were tied when it came to classroom discipline, and came to the conclusion that I wasn’t going to do this for the starting salary of ~$27k (Pinellas County).

Never taught a day. 🤷‍♀️

What do you suggest we do about bad parents?
washington pennsylvania GIF

Reactions: Chuck C
I went back to get my B.S. in English Ed (6-12), busted my tail to cram as many hours per semester as I could, as well as back to back summer sessions, and completed my internship fall of ‘98.
I realized early on that my hands were tied when it came to classroom discipline, and came to the conclusion that I wasn’t going to do this for the starting salary of ~$27k (Pinellas County).

Never taught a day. 🤷‍♀️
Very sorry to hear that. What would you have wanted to change, if it were up to you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT