ADVERTISEMENT

Another tragedy in iowa

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
Just wanted to to express sympathy and condolences to the family and the ISU family of the slain ISU golfer. What a tragedy, I can't imagine what that poor girls last thoughts were. What is this world coming to. RIP

Reactions: amahawk
Just wanted to to express sympathy and condolences to the family and the ISU family of the slain ISU golfer. What a tragedy, I can't imagine what that poor girls last thoughts were. What is this world coming to. RIP

Agreed and can't imagine what her family is/will be going through...don't even want to try.
With social media, regular media, frankly boards like this at times, and other things that are perpetuating a general lack of respect for our fellow man, we've created quite the turd sandwich.
Obviously mental illness likely played a part in this and many other stories like this, and Molly's, but my God--we can rarely discuss ANYTHING anymore that doesn't devolve into an insult/threat/demean fest.

Sorry, I'm done now. May this poor girls' family and friends find some peace and calm in the love she obviously generated in her short time here.

Ladies, have someone with you at night or if you are in a remote area. Men/ Man is/are closer to animals than angels, and some animals are predators. No amount of education or focus groups can fully stop the problem. It's been this way for thousands of years. Probably worse, since events weren't reported.

Bring back asylums or mandatory prison for anyone committing two felonies or three other crimes. These people choose to be criminals

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Bring back asylums or mandatory prison for anyone committing two felonies or three other crimes. These people choose to be criminals

Agreed. It's not just hindsight to say this guy shouldn't have been on the street. I get the whole over-crowded prison fact/argument, but this guy fits.
Now to pour salt in the wound, he gets to live out his days on our dime, after taking the life of a young lady that by all accounts was a bright spot in the lives of everyone she met and had endless promise. Makes me want to throw up.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Agreed. It's not just hindsight to say this guy shouldn't have been on the street. I get the whole over-crowded prison fact/argument, but this guy fits.
Now to pour salt in the wound, he gets to live out his days on our dime, after taking the life of a young lady that by all accounts was a bright spot in the lives of everyone she met and had endless promise. Makes me want to throw up.

I can't imagine the pain for this family and friends. I really don't have anything to add about how terrible this is.

I will second the sentiments about the problem with mental health. It is extremely serious and our communities, family, and friends are at risk daily because of the lack of help/treatment/resources to help the mentally ill AND therefore to protect the innocent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT