ADVERTISEMENT

Another Vol DB into the Portal

Drinkin Buddy

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2015
Hiawatha
Wow. That makes 7. Lots of young and untested DBs going to be in the last line of defense for the Citrus.

UT fans are downplaying these loses, which is laughable...even against a poor Iowa pass offense.

These loses will be very challenging for Tennessee in terms of communication, rotation and special teams effectiveness (gunners and those who block gunners). .

Tennessee starting safety Wesley Walker enters NCAA transfer portal

They're also out their starting RB (1,000 yard rusher and starting DE).

Wondering how serious the Vols are going to be on Jan. 1 after all the defections and new faces on D and ST.

I know Iowa is taking this game very seriously.

Gonna plunk a few bucks on the Iowa money line +260.

Last edited:
Just took a quick look at the Iowa roster. They have 17 DB's.

Out of the 7 Tennessee lost, how many contributed at all? It sounds like at least two.

• Wow
Reactions: LukaDuka
Not to worry, Ragaini will still drop three passes and Hill will still overthrow half his passes.

I hope fans in the first six rows have been warned.

This game is really becoming a joke. With the portal, alot of them are.
Guys like Brian Kelly leaving their teams at seasons end before their deserved bowl game have further reduced player loyalties to their teams for these games vs draft prep etc

Brian upon hearing Tennessee will be playing 3rd string and walk ons in the secondary, " Time for jumbo package and trap plays into those 9 man fronts all Day" and if that doesn't work We can run pass plays that take 8 seconds to develop because Deacon takes care of the football, I can trust Him"

Brian upon hearing Tennessee will be playing 3rd string and walk ons in the secondary, " Time for jumbo package and trap plays into those 9 man fronts all Day" and if that doesn't work We can run pass plays that take 8 seconds to develop because Deacon takes care of the football, I can trust Him"
Sadly to say, this will probably happen in play calling vs the TN D. Add in Deac will get all the snaps because he gives us the best chance to win. This game will be a barn burner with no new wrinkles and a month to prep. Nothing will surprise me with the ineptitude of Iowa’s offense. And we will get to see KF cry one last time with Bri on the sidelines. Typical Iowa offensive shiat show.

There is no...I mean NO excuse for the Hawks not to put up big numbers offensively.
70192a03-c967-4383-8517-5247b14395ed_text.gif

Wow. That makes 7. Lots of young and untested DBs going to be in the last line of defense for the Citrus.

UT fans are downplaying these loses, which is laughable...even against a poor Iowa pass offense.

These loses will be very challenging for Tennessee in terms of communication, rotation and special teams effectiveness (gunners and those who block gunners). .

Tennessee starting safety Wesley Walker enters NCAA transfer portal

They're also out their starting RB (1,000 yard rusher and starting DE).

Wondering how serious the Vols are going to be on Jan. 1 after all the defections and new faces on D and ST.

I know Iowa is taking this game very seriously.

Gonna plunk a few bucks on the Iowa money line +260.
We avoid throwing it deep and avoid using the middle of the field. Everything is to the sidelines with very little room to run. I don’t feel them losing DB’s is a huge issue unless the can’t tackle.

While he should absolutely get multiple series in this game, I will be more than a little surprised if Lainez plays. If there is any garbage time, maybe. And by garbage time I'm referring to the traditional meaning of the game outcome already decided. Not the new meaning of garbage time referring to any time the Iowa offense is on the field.

Milton is listed as the starter on the depth chart. But they have 2 new editions in the defensive backfield and one new edition on the defensive line. I'm guessing these guys are the replacements for the three that left on defense

Is there anything preventing portal players from playing in their bowl game?
I am pretty sure that the televised game yesterday between JMU and Air Force had participants that had declared for the portal. Unless I misheard the announcers, they referenced it multiple times.

So their participation, or not, must be a team policy, not a rule that bars them.

Reactions: ichawk24
Yes, Milton is listed as the starter and expected to start. Of course, many in Vol Nation are clamoring for Nico the #2 to play....but that's to be expected. :)

No other player announcements since the safety jumped into the Portal.

What we need most from the offense was summed up simply and succinctly by KF this past Monday:

“You’ve got to respect the ball,” Ferentz said. “Ball security is critical. We got away with it in ’09 a little bit, but there are certain things that are paramount.”

In 13 games, Iowa fumbled 23 times and lost 10 of them. They threw 9 INTs. Total of 19 turnovers.

In Iowa's 3 L's, they lost 9 fumbles and threw 1 interception for a total of 10 turnovers. Penn State, Minnesota and Michigan combined for a total of 0 (zero) turnovers against Iowa.

That leaves 0.9 turnovers per game in Iowa's 10 wins.

Also, this is a poor tackling, undisciplined Tennessee team (#127 in penalties per game. Iowa is #5).

Protect and respect the ball on offense, play solid D and ST and Iowa will win the margins and game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT