ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Artalona

ike1100

Rookie
Dec 6, 2008
Is he committed somewhere? I couldn't find anything on the internet (granted I didn't look especially hard). He was extremely impressive this week.

Aaron Brooks as well for sure. Holy hell. I think Kyle Snyder pulls the "Hey we're both from Maryland" card and he goes to Ohio State. He was amazing though.

Talk on Artalona is he is much better in the international styles. Gas tank and mat wrestling aren't as strong in Folk.

Aaron Brooks as well for sure. Holy hell. I think Kyle Snyder pulls the "Hey we're both from Maryland" card and he goes to Ohio State. He was amazing though.

That's where I'm assuming he goes and he will be a great one.

Aartolona is a stud but I don't see him as multiple time AA/NC caliber kid and it'll take serious money to get him. Not worth it. I think he's a NC State type kid.

Brooks' father posted on BWI that they've only looked at PSU and Maryland so far, Aaron will take a year at USOTC so there's no rush, and he thinks Aaron has another 20+ lb of growing to do.

To answer the other question:
Who is the Philly kid that's only been wrestling for three years? Sky is the limit for him.

Presumably you mean Miles Lee from South Philly HS, who just became the first Beat the Streets participant to reach the Fargo finals. He has graduated and will wrestle at D2 Millersville.

Brooks' father posted on BWI that they've only looked at PSU and Maryland so far, Aaron will take a year at USOTC so there's no rush, and he thinks Aaron has another 20+ lb of growing to do.

Presumably you mean Miles Lee from South Philly HS, who just became the first Beat the Streets participant to reach the Fargo finals. He has graduated and will wrestle at D2 Millersville.
Probably the first wrestler EVER to only wrestle for two years and be a Fargo AA! Year three he is a finalist. That young man is good.

Rosemary Flores was a Beat the Streets participant who won the Cadet girls championship in 2011.

It seems crazy to me how much his results vary between free and folk. Thanks for the information, I was unaware.

Artalona wrestled at the Walsh Ironman last year and took 6th at 152lb. http://walshjesuitironman.com/2016-brackets/
Not sure if he plans on doing so again in Dec 2017.

One of the wrestlers who beat him at this tournament, Connor Brady, who also beat the other two wrestlers that beat Artalona in this tournament (JRamirez and Willits), yet is ranked below Artalona by flo is still available in the 2019 class. He would look mighty good filling in at 157 after a redshirt season for Kemerer.

Artalona I would think is a 157 in college based upon his 152 in season weight, but he did wrestle 145 at Fargo, so perhaps he could compete at 149 for a year or two. He is an interesting prospect, who really improved his stock last week that is for sure.

Reactions: LaxHawk174
One of the wrestlers who beat him at this tournament, Connor Brady, who also beat the other two wrestlers that beat Artalona in this tournament (JRamirez and Willits), yet is ranked below Artalona by flo is still available in the 2019 class. He would look mighty good filling in at 157 after a redshirt season for Kemerer.

Artalona I would think is a 157 in college based upon his 152 in season weight, but he did wrestle 145 at Fargo, so perhaps he could compete at 149 for a year or two. He is an interesting prospect, who really improved his stock last week that is for sure.
I really like Connor Brady. I've been following him ever since you mentioned him on here after his FR year I believe. In the past you thought he might be 165/174 possibly even 184, has he not grown as much as you expected? Would be awesome if he was a 157 and would be the perfect replacement for Kemerer.

I really like Connor Brady. I've been following him ever since you mentioned him on here after his FR year I believe. In the past you thought he might be 165/174 possibly even 184, has he not grown as much as you expected? Would be awesome if he was a 157 and would be the perfect replacement for Kemerer.

I did think he he would be 165/174 eventually. However, I have to admit when I was most likely wrong. Well at least partially. I have already heard he will be at 152 again this coming season again. I think 174 is doubtful. His high school has had a nationally ranked wrestler on the bench the last two years (he would get used in duals sporadically and entered in some tournaments, but never in the post season). He has always been the roughly the same weight as Brady, normally being one weight class smaller. Well, that wrestler is expected to jump Brady in weight class and enter the starting lineup. His name is Kharchlava and he just took 4th at Junior Freestyle as a rising junior at 160 who has never been able to crack his High School lineup. He beat known guys like Allar, Ruth, Chavez, and Jump, but couldn't crack his high school lineup. Well now he is going to at 160, while Brady stays at 152. I still think Brady may end up at 165 eventually, but I now think 157 is a real possibility as well and would even go as far as to say it is likely, even though he is still just a rising Junior and growth is still very much possible.

Reactions: osumack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT