ADVERTISEMENT

Any body else..................

Yes I do. I feel a little sad to say it as well. I grew up in an era of Hayden using ISU as a punching bag. Hard for me to believe we should be rejoicing over beating a historically horrible football program. I guess recent history makes it that way.

We survived the ISU Super Bowl. Time to get on with the rest of the season and the ultimate goal of winning the Big Ten West.

I hate to say it, but for me at least this game was almost a must win. Iowa State was getting the upper hand in this (recent) series. UGH!!!

Solid road win and the much anticipated - hoped for - promise of CJ shined through brilliantly. Had several other players stepping up in key moments too.

Another slow start to the season we could not very well have afforded. I'm cautiously excited now.

I hate to say it, but for me at least this game was almost a must win. Iowa State was getting the upper hand in this (recent) series. UGH!!!

Solid road win and the much anticipated - hoped for - promise of CJ shined through brilliantly. Had several other players stepping up in key moments too.

Another slow start to the season we could not very well have afforded. I'm cautiously excited now.
It's a win against Iowa State. A good win compared to most Kirk years. Plenty of good things happened in the 2nd half for sure. Still waiting for Lucy to pull the football away..................................

Strange to call it a must win... Even stranger that I kind of agree.

im trying to figure out how that game goes if they played 10 times. I think we're the better team, but it absolutely could've turned into an ISU blowout. really weird and awesome game

Most satisfying win over Clown U in awhile. Very intense game with lots of sloppiness and mistakes, but extremely entertaining. Sill think Iowa has some flaws, but this one will be enjoyed for awhile.

im trying to figure out how that game goes if they played 10 times. I think we're the better team, but it absolutely could've turned into an ISU blowout. really weird and awesome game
I am thinking Iowa wins at least 9 of 10. Very, very few players on ISU roster would see field for Hawks.

a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

Reactions: Cougar63

Felt that way to me, too. They had us on the ropes in the first half. Change a couple plays, and we're in a hole we can't escape from-not against that defense today. I think their defense will keep them in games all year. Yes, change a couple plays the other way and it's an Iowa blowout, but it was definitely rough-going for a long time there.

I'd call it a scramble job in the first half. Like scrambling in golf. You're in trouble off the tee, but your short game and putting get you a workable score instead of the disaster it could have been. That's what Iowa did in the first half, then took control in the second half, save one fumble close to the end zone. This team has flaws, but it has fight, and that's good to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT