ADVERTISEMENT

Any guesses on who is announcing their verbal today?

Mack looks like he has a pretty good first step and catches the ball well with his hands. Decent size also...what am I missing that didnt get him more high end offers?

He was committed to NIU for awhile, perhaps that impacted his evaluation from the P5 schools.

SmartRewardingDutchshepherddog-small.gif

Another site reported Mack will announce tonight. My guess would be 7-8 PM range.

It'll be interesting to see what happened. I wonder if another team, i.e., Minnesota is getting involved. Odd that he's now delayed it.

It'll be interesting to see what happened. I wonder if another team, i.e., Minnesota is getting involved. Odd that he's now delayed it.
That is what I was thinking. Another team is making a last minute pitch to him. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Could it be that the coaches said "not right now"?

I doubt it. That would be very hypocritical after our dline coach just ranted on Twitter recently about teams giving out non-committable offers, meaning they offer their fallback options but won't let them commit until the priorities fall through.

Iowa gave the Wisconsin db a PWO opportunity and said it could turn into an offer. They don't have a reputation for offering without it being genuine.

I doubt it. That would be very hypocritical after our dline coach just ranted on Twitter recently about teams giving out non-committable offers, meaning they offer their fallback options but won't let them commit until the priorities fall through.

Iowa gave the Wisconsin db a PWO opportunity and said it could turn into an offer. They don't have a reputation for offering without it being genuine.

They offer over 100 kids every year. Obviously they are not going to take commitments from all of them. I am sure they tell kids at any given position how many players they are taking at any given position. They probably have three or four rides left for this class. They may have re-evaluated their needs and told kids that arent priorities that they dont have room. I don't know that is what happened but it is a possibility.

Reactions: cmhawks99

The coaches will communicate with them their situation.

If we no longer had room for Mack, we would have told him, like we did with Brock last year after Goodson committed.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Its Tuesday 7/2 this morning and no new recruits committed yesterday, right? Any news?

Les Miles just followed Mack on Twitter. Might be a clue for the delay.

A Les Myles passing offense? Have you talked to any LSU fans in the last decade?

Let's be honest:

Les Miles: Rueben Randall, Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham, Demetrius Byrd, Brandon LaFell, Early Doucet, Craig Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Bennie Brazell, Skyler Green.

Kirk Ferentz: Marvin McNutt, Kalil Hill (Fry recruit), Kevin Kasper (Fry recruit).

We've been one of the most inept P5 programs for wide receivers that I can think of.

When you are a name school in the deep south, you can get those elite receivers. We don't have very many in the upper midwest.

Let's be honest:

Les Miles: Rueben Randall, Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham, Demetrius Byrd, Brandon LaFell, Early Doucet, Craig Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Bennie Brazell, Skyler Green.

Kirk Ferentz: Marvin McNutt, Kalil Hill (Fry recruit), Kevin Kasper (Fry recruit).

We've been one of the most inept P5 programs for wide receivers that I can think of.

Well that might look good on paper but a few of those guys are Sabin recruits and the top guys you listed there were from Louisiana so it would only make sense they go to LSU where Miles lucked in with the recruiting ground.... good luck getting those type of athletes to go to Kansas

Let's be honest:

All the more ridiculous that they couldn't score more points. Say what you will about KF, but if we'd had those receivers (Seriously, Odell Beckham!), we'd have thrown to them and we'd have put up some points.

If you doubt me, consider how much we threw to McNutt, who didn't even stick in the NFL.

When you are a name school in the deep south, you can get those elite receivers. We don't have very many in the upper midwest.

You have to find under the radar guys and develop them. Hakeem Butler was a 2 star.

ISU landed a 4 star, Scates, and a high 3 star, Shaw. They also landed Lazard.

We aren't going to get SEC talent but we can get Minnesota/ISU talent.

And when we do have instate talent like Darboh, then we need to land them.

What a difference a Lazard, Butler or Tyler Johnson type of receiver would have made to last year's team. We likely would have been in Indy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT