ADVERTISEMENT

Any known road flooding on 60/75/I-29

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Headed back to Omaha (I’ll try not to get shot) today from Orange City on 60 to 75 to I-29.

On a sucky note, one of my better half’s niece and family have a few inches of rain in Windom, MN.

I just heard that parts of I29 were closed but I think it's farther North than where you'll be.

Looks like the closure is near Hawarden. If you had gone straight west you may have ran in to trouble. You should be good going south on 60 and 75 first.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
The Iowa DOT is pretty good. It has maps and everything with closures listed on it. Lots of cameras, too.
In the Winter you can watch the plow cams.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
You can see the carnage on Google maps traffic flow.
Lots of stuff closed in North and NW Iowa, including parts of I-29 (very north)

60 is closed from S of OC

I find Waze is very timely with road closures. Not just the crowd sourcing, but I think they get notices from local DOT, because I’d see overnight work reflected in the morning when they shutting down lanes for adding a traffic circle, etc.
Closures related to the recent tornadoes in Tallahassee streets were marked with ‘do not enter’ signs, not just the customer submitted road hazard marks.

I find Waze is very timely with road closures. Not just the crowd sourcing, but I think they get notices from local DOT, because I’d see overnight work reflected in the morning when they shutting down lanes for adding a traffic circle, etc.
Closures related to the recent tornadoes in Tallahassee streets were marked with ‘do not enter’ signs, not just the customer submitted road hazard marks.
Actually DOT (at least Iowa) uses Waze reports and speed info.

Headed back to Omaha (I’ll try not to get shot) today from Orange City on 60 to 75 to I-29.

On a sucky note, one of my better half’s niece and family have a few inches of rain in Windom, MN.
You are going to be trapped here in Iowa. Don’t worry though, this extreme humidity enhances the manure smell…enjoy!!!!

Disclaimer: I am kidding. I love Iowa, even with it’s flaws…

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Was gonna try to head up to Sioux Falls today to take a look at Falls Park, but with I29 shut down for awhile, I decided not to try it. This is drone footage from this morning.

• Wow
Reactions: NoleATL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT