ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on DeSanto?

I heard he has autism.
I know this has been mentioned several times and I am sure this post was done in a cynical manner in reference to all those posts, but for the record, again as I have said this numerous times, I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to be posting on HR, speculation in regards to any student athletes Autism, Aspergers, learning disabilities, ADHD, etc.....unless that student has chosen to share that information themselves.

If you want to comment of their mat performance, conditioning or other actions on the mat, that all seems like fair game to me. If they act inappropriate off the mat in a way that disrespects their team or their university, that is also fair game. Outside of this, if they are able to make grades, represent their university and are performing in the room and under the lights, this is all that matters to me.

I understand that not everyone will agree with me, and that's fine. I also know we have some trolls over here that make statements as "Iowa fans", who are not fans but simply trying to make us look bad. This is just my opinion. I think HR is above these type of comments. If the athlete has not shared it, then we should respect that, no matter if they are Hawks or not. HR should set the bar when it comes to respect for college wrestlers and their privacy........ Just my opinion.

I know this has been mentioned several times and I am sure this post was done in a cynical manner in reference to all those posts, but for the record, again as I have said this numerous times, I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to be posting on HR, speculation in regards to any student athletes Autism, Aspergers, learning disabilities, ADHD, etc.....unless that student has chosen to share that information themselves.

If you want to comment of their mat performance, conditioning or other actions on the mat, that all seems like fair game to me. If they act inappropriate off the mat in a way that disrespects their team or their university, that is also fair game. Outside of this, if they are able to make grades, represent their university and are performing in the room and under the lights, this is all that matters to me.

I understand that not everyone will agree with me, and that's fine. I also know we have some trolls over here that make statements as "Iowa fans", who are not fans but simply trying to make us look bad. This is just my opinion. I think HR is above these type of comments. If the athlete has not shared it, then we should respect that, no matter if they are Hawks or not. HR should set the bar when it comes to respect for college wrestlers and their privacy........ Just my opinion.
VERY WELL DONE!!!!!

The fact this needs to be said is sad.

Yes, I get it....it's a message board....blah, blah, blah.....common sense should still be utilized.

I just hope that athletes and families that read these boards and they do can see through the garbage posted by trolls.
Sadly, it's the world we live in. Go to any "comments" section or to any message board and you will see the "posters" who choose be argumentative, stupid, cruel, etc. Technology allows even the idiots to "have a voice." :mad::eek:;)

Sadly, it's the world we live in. Go to any "comments" section or to any message board and you will see the "posters" who choose be argumentative, stupid, cruel, etc. Technology allows even the idiots to "have a voice." :mad::eek:;)
As regulars on this board, we need to figure out ways to shut this garbage down. Call out idiots who think it's okay to post crap like this, like so many of you have done on this thread, and make it clear that this is not an HR belief, but a personal defect of these posters.

Ok, thanks sure hope can get this young man..With Lee and him another great start of line up.
Back on topic of this thread, while I have not fully bought in to the PR job flo was doing on DeSanto, he would be a great person to follow up Spencer. We have had some amazing One-Two punches in the past, with SL we have maybe the best first punch (time will tell), DeSanto would be a highly entertaining second, with maybe the chance to be up their with Clark and Ramos as the recent best 33's. It's a tall order, but something for him to work towards. With his energy, he and Spencer could get CHA rockin. Don't be in line for Ice Cream when the dual starts or you may miss one of the best shows in all of college sports.

FRL mentioned it briefly and said he "Loved Iowa while he was there and is leaning that way currently" Not sure if they actually talked to him though, so who knows.
I could of told you this, actually any of us could. I heard Ray Charles even seen this coming, oh wait....he couldn't have. ;)

Absolutely inappropriate.....I am far from PC and even I was offended by this. Shame shame shame

I guess I read it differently than most. I read it clearly as a jab at the overabundance of discussion RE Austin and autism on this board. I am pretty sure it was not a jab at autism or people on the spectrum. I think you are overreaching to call him a troll, garbage poster, etc. I think he was mocking the over discussion of a topic (in this case autism) similar to the mocking statement that he likes Carver Cones (probably a bad example as Carver Cones cannot really be over discussed or over emphasized). Cut him a bit of slack boys.

At worst, it was a bad effort at humor (still much better than Gilman's attempts).

If anyone was to ask Desanto do you suppose he'd rather be classified as a "hot head", etc., etc., for his actions at NCAA's, or would he rather it be known the reasons for his actions?

I guess I read it differently than most. I read it clearly as a jab at the overabundance of discussion RE Austin and autism on this board. I am pretty sure it was not a jab at autism or people on the spectrum. I think you are overreaching to call him a troll, garbage poster, etc. I think he was mocking the over discussion of a topic (in this case autism) similar to the mocking statement that he likes Carver Cones (probably a bad example as Carver Cones cannot really be over discussed or over emphasized). Cut him a bit of slack boys.

At worst, it was a bad effort at humor (still much better than Gilman's attempts).
If you read through any of his previous 10,000 actual posts, he is clearly being inflammatory without any wit or intellectual value.

If you read through any of his previous 10,000 actual posts, he is clearly being inflammatory without any wit or intellectual value.
Can someone comment on DeSanto's actually wrestling skills? I have read about a million posts on him, almost none addressing his skills/weaknesses. I have seen his match vs Micic but hope that was an aberration on his normal matches. And his HS match vs Spencer, which was also somewhat abnormal given Spencer's physical state. so what is he good at, who does he compare to, what type of wrestler might we be getting?

Can someone comment on DeSanto's actually wrestling skills? I have read about a million posts on him, almost none addressing his skills/weaknesses. I have seen his match vs Micic but hope that was an aberration on his normal matches. And his HS match vs Spencer, which was also somewhat abnormal given Spencer's physical state. so what is he good at, who does he compare to, what type of wrestler might we be getting?
He needs to work from both sides and get out from bottom! Kids got talent just needs honed!

He needs to work from both sides and get out from bottom! Kids got talent just needs honed!

He can be a scoring machine on his feet, scored 22 points on Micic. Loves the firemans

He can be a scoring machine on his feet, scored 22 points on Micic. Loves the firemans
a comment above about working from both sides, as well as his NCAA Micic match where he was weirdly always going to the same place... so what's up with all of that?

I’m under the impression that he and his family have publicized his condition. And for that reason I see nothing wrong with publicly discussing it here.
I’ve only ever seen it mentioned on message boards.

As it's been reported elsewhere.. Desanto has defeated Lee...As a senior he had the option of not facing Lee and winning a state title at another weight class..he chose to make the cut to go after Lee. That should tell you something about the kid. Iron Sharpens Iron..
it's well documented about national and possible personal battles. He has a relationship with Lee and I believe if he came to Iowa he would win a National title.
The best thing HR can do is wish the best for him no matter where he goes or whatever he choses to do.

since we're speculating, where would Desanto rank at 133 in the B1G without any further development (ie at his current skill level).

Full disclosure - I didn't pay any attention to this weight so I don't know who is a senior or who should have finished higher on this list, etc.

Here's how the weight finished at the B1G tourney:
1. Micic (Mich)
2. Pletcher (OSU)
3. Duncan (Ill)
4. McKee (Minn)
5. Renteria (Neb)
6. Delvecchio (Rut)
7. Keener (PSU)
8. Thornton (Pur)
DNP Glynn (Iowa)
DNP Simmons (MD)
DNP Lantz (Wisc)
DNP Valdiviez (NW)
DNP Pepple (Ind)

since we're speculating, where would Desanto rank at 133 in the B1G without any further development (ie at his current skill level).

Full disclosure - I didn't pay any attention to this weight so I don't know who is a senior or who should have finished higher on this list, etc.

Here's how the weight finished at the B1G tourney:
1. Micic (Mich)
2. Pletcher (OSU)
3. Duncan (Ill)
4. McKee (Minn)
5. Renteria (Neb)
6. Delvecchio (Rut)
7. Keener (PSU)
8. Thornton (Pur)
DNP Glynn (Iowa)
DNP Simmons (MD)
DNP Lantz (Wisc)
DNP Valdiviez (NW)
DNP Pepple (Ind)

I would rank him #3 after Pletcher and Micic. Sounds like Pletcher could redshirt next year. Delvecchio graduates but Suriano goes up. So when we look at next year I think Desanto would slot in at 3 or 4 depending on who goes for PSU.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
I would rank him #3 after Pletcher and Micic. Sounds like Pletcher could redshirt next year. Delvecchio graduates but Suriano goes up. So when we look at next year I think Desanto would slot in at 3 or 4 depending on who goes for PSU.

Thanks! So it's a sure thing that Suriano is moving up then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT