ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on DeSanto?

This is the perfect representation of this site, Desanto was a terrible person for trying to break Micic's arm until he might come to Iowa. Now he's struggling with autism and is misunderstood. Bo gets too emotional after clinching the national championship and says something stupid so its ok to call him the "R" word and all kinds of other insults.. I'm done here, you double talking hypocrites have made my point.
Lots of good people on this site. Never saw the Bo thread and glad I didn't but sometimes people make mistakes and it takes a while for moderators to remove. I didn't recall people trashing Austin. People were upset with his behavior and felt he should have been tossed from the tournament, but didn't define him as a bad person. Just a pretty big mistake. Lots of discussion around him coming here and if he can make the adjustments mentally so that behavior isn't something that recurs.

There's exponentially more "good discussion" here than bad, and if you can't ignore the bad and focus on the good I'm not sure what to tell you as you're not going to enjoy any fan forum site as you're going to see posts that may offend you there as well.

Cheers

1. Using "retard" or "retarded" isn't acceptable.

2. Implying/stating an entire fan base is cool with the word because not everybody called out a poster for using it in a thread that some/many didn't see is pretty silly.

3. If someone does use that word here (or, as frequently happens, other words like "nancy" or "pussy" or whatever other word of that kind), a simple "hey, not cool" should be enough for an apology...though I imagine some on here would take that as an opportunity to disparage liberals and social justice warriors, which has happened.

4. I hope DeSanto makes the best decision for him.

1. Using "retard" or "retarded" isn't acceptable.

2. Implying/stating an entire fan base is cool with the word because not everybody called out a poster for using it in a thread that some/many didn't see is pretty silly.

3. If someone does use that word here (or, as frequently happens, other words like "nancy" or "pussy" or whatever other word of that kind), a simple "hey, not cool" should be enough for an apology...though I imagine some on here would take that as an opportunity to disparage liberals and social justice warriors, which has happened.

4. I hope DeSanto makes the best decision for him.
I agree making fun of somebody or a group of people who have a disability is not cool at all. However, not sure #3 is an issue....i guess we could get into feminist argument on that but IMO calling out a person's toughness or lack there of is much different than calling somebody retarded or stating somebody has autism.

I agree making fun of somebody or a group of people who have a disability is not cool at all. However, not sure #3 is an issue....i guess we could get into feminist argument on that but IMO calling out a person's toughness or lack there of is much different than calling somebody retarded or stating somebody has autism.

When questioning someone's toughness is done by implying they're a woman/girl, that's a problem.

I didn't see him on there. I thought it wasreturning finishers. RBY does not belong on there either.
Listen buddy, it's my list and I shall determine who belongs or not! :mad:

But in all seriousness, I gave RBY the PSU bump/benefit of the doubt that he will be among the top 16 at 133. I expect Gomez to at least be in the top 20 at 133 next year as well, if he can remain healthy. RBY and Gomez were both highly rated HS recruits that I would give the benefit of the doubt too.

Would love to have him but he is going to do what he feels is best for him. Hopefully that is being a back to back hammer with Spencer but if not I hope we have other things cooking to take care of the 133 problem.

When questioning someone's toughness is done by implying they're a woman/girl, that's a problem.
Agree to disagree Wendy- I just feel that making fun of people who are disabled is much more heinous than calling somebody a "pussy". Woman have many attributes on average that far exceed those of males- physical strength is not one of them- dealing with pain, sickness, and endurance is. If you look hard enough to be offended you most certainly will find a reason

Reactions: Huck
Hard to get a consensus for things like this on a message board, hell it's hard to get agreement in a closed room with 3 people in it, but for the most part I agree with your statement. There is always going to be disagreements between what one person intended and what someone else might interpret something to mean, which is always an issue.

What happens if Spencer mops the floor with him day in and day out in practice? Will he get angry and try to armbar Spencer?

What happens if Spencer mops the floor with him day in and day out in practice? Will he get angry and try to armbar Spencer?

He might have a bit of a challenge adapting to the Iowa room. But if he can get over that hurdle, he should be better prepared for adversity under the big lights.

As others have said, he needs to learn to lose with dignity. Until he does that, he will be a danger to himself and his teammates.

If he pulls that kimura on Spencer and hurts his shoulder imagine the hell that would break lose.

Reactions: FUMBLE-ROOSKY
As others have said, he needs to learn to lose with dignity. Until he does that, he will be a danger to himself and his teammates.

If he pulls that kimura on Spencer and hurts his shoulder imagine the hell that would break lose.

He got Micic’d and some by Spencer the year before in the finals. Didn’t break his arm... stuff happened at nationals,...are you perfect? No, you are not. Am I? F no. Im a drunk asshole. Make like a tree and get the F*n out of here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip220
Well yeah it was one guy that started the thread, how many of you didn't disagree? I'll tell you... Most!
Yeah, like we have the time to go around and a make a statement everything we do not agree with on here. You have enough time to troll another teams page with who knows how many screen names.

The algorithm of this thread is blowing my mind.
Austin come wrestle with us. Our own little FUBU. I am no way hooked up or linked to the University but I do want to start University Tacos shop.
Algorithm back to normal now let's get DeSanto for good measure.

Calling someone a pussy isn't implying they're a girl, it's implying they are a pussy.
I agree wholeheartedly with the R word and even the Nancy aspect of your moderating rules but give me a break on the P word... this is a wrestling forum... a little grittiness is fine every once in a while. Getting offended because someone calls another person a pussy is a little over the top no?

Would you explain what's different? Here's the thing.. I work with special needs people, And I do not think the usage of that word is ever ok...never. Honestly the only thing different I see is Bo Nickal don't wrestle for Iowa and never will. You guys are hoping to get Desanto even though he was trashed on this board for a week after nationals until it was possible he would come to IC. Now everyone loves him..

Except that DeSanto was "trashed" for his actions (pretty much everywhere...not just here). There are several folks wary of him on here based on those actions...just like there are several who just want a 133. You only have presented the latter...not the former. This, because your whole point is to slam Iowa fans. We know it...you know it...so let's stop pretending.

But most are in between...Yea, we love the way the kid wrestles but he has to learn to control himself.

Calling someone a pussy isn't implying they're a girl, it's implying they are a pussy.
I agree wholeheartedly with the R word and even the Nancy aspect of your moderating rules but give me a break on the P word... this is a wrestling forum... a little grittiness is fine every once in a while. Getting offended because someone calls another person a pussy is a little over the top no?

You're right. Insulting someone's toughness by calling them female genitalia is totally cool.

A pussy can be defined as, Soft and Furry. I'd consider that slang in regards to a woman.

A pussy can be defined as, Soft and Furry. I'd consider that slang in regards to a woman.

And stinky... Not nice! :eek: :eek:

Reactions: McCulloughd
Desanto is one that I would pass on personally. He's obviously a bit of a loose cannon but if he does end up a Hawk I hope that the Brands bros and team help him improve himself and he gets over his problems. Seeing him try and injure his opponents more than once tells me all I need to know. Others opinions may differ, but I won't be rooting for the kid until he proves he has changed his ways. Felt the same about way PD3 as well.

As I apparently have to keep reminding people, there are thousands upon thousands of graves all around the world of American soldiers who fought and died so people in the U.S.A. could say whatever the hell they want to say, whether someone else likes it or not.

You're right. Insulting someone's toughness by calling them female genitalia is totally cool.

bettywhite.jpg

Betty White was hilarious.The lady is 90+ yr old. Old age---the price you pay for wisdom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT