ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on DeSanto?

It's like the word "Hate". Hate is the kind of word that can get you in trouble. So instead you might say, I can't stand the bastard. I have a strong dislike for the asshole.Neither of those 2 statements will get you in trouble. Everyone agree on that?

Nothing good comes from hate. IMO, that word says more about the person using it than anything else.

bettywhite.jpg

Betty White was hilarious.The lady is 90+ yr old. Old age---the price you pay for wisdom.

Bea Arthur had a pretty fillthy mouth too if you ever caught her standup. Enjoy comedians while you can, our pc society of snowflakes is slowly killing to profession off.

Would you explain what's different? Here's the thing.. I work with special needs people, And I do not think the usage of that word is ever ok...never. Honestly the only thing different I see is Bo Nickal don't wrestle for Iowa and never will. You guys are hoping to get Desanto even though he was trashed on this board for a week after nationals until it was possible he would come to IC. Now everyone loves him..

People who think words should be scourged from existence don't understand intent and the fluidity that is language. Intent matters. Also by saying "you should never ever say that word regardless of circumstance or intention" you're giving a vocal sound excessive power.

Watch The Office for a perfect example of how you can use a taboo/offensive word "retard" and make it hilarious, inoccuous, and supportive of mentally disabled people.

Reactions: DirkTang1
My 5ish posts have really gotten to you, huh?

Wendy

I agree with your other points on folks who are disadvantaged. We should be helping these people, and I assure you I most certainly do.

However, I think pussy has been used for a long period of time to describe someones lack of balls......another term referring to males. So is that wrong? Or to call a guy a "dick". All these transcend references to organs.

Same with the word "gay" that was hijacked long ago. And, what then about people in certain places that feel the need to refer to their business partner as such, instead of simply "partner" because they feel it will caste them in a certain light.

I've got a tough wife and daughter and use the word frequently around them, and they know the real meaning of it. They don't feel it is derogatory to them.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. BTW, I despise PC with every bit of my existence.

Wendy has posted on wrestling. She does not pop off every time a politically correct opportunity arises...that was what's her name.

That said...we need a logical ruling on this issue.

American slang is something that confounds foreigners when learning how to speak English. For example: The word motherf*cker. If taken literally, it is one who has sex with a mother. This would make many of us motherf*ckers. It can be used on different occasions and is one of the most versatile words in the collection of "swear word jars." For example, "Motherf*cker!! I forgot to get eggs at the store (happened to me yesterday)" or "You motherf*cker!" can apply to the soccer Mom in her minivan who cuts you off in traffic. Does she f*ck mothers? I'm betting not.

The etymology of the word "pussy" is an interesting one that has received vast study in the past few years...due mainly to our president who opined (years ago) about grabbing women by the pussy. Indeed, pussy hats are now worn to Resist! our president and his alleged pussy-grabbing ways.

However, no one can agree on the actual history of the word and how it's used. Some say it harkens back to the 1600s. Who knows. I do know that words evolve and when calling somebody a "pussy," especially on a message board, I do not think they are literally referring to a woman's vagina as that particular piece of anatomy has confounded and held power over men since the beginning of time.

Ruling: Non Offensive

Oh, great. That settles that then.

"Hey son, you're too weak, you need to stop being so much like your sister/my daughter."

I prefer to say "You're wrestling like a girl" or "You sound like a girl" or "Come on, Nancy. Finish your shot!"

Lots of theories - pussy is derived from pusillanimous, which means cowardly. Pussy refers to pussy cat. Pussy means feminine. Pussy is genitial (Is it acceptable to call someone a dick or a prick? Need a ruling).

IMO pussy is used to mean cowardly, not feminine. I think Wendy's wrong.

Ar any rate, I don't think it's clear. No indisputable evidence. Life's too short. Carry on.

All, this thread is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in any of the rambling, incoherent responses was there anything that would be considered a relevent thought. Everyone in the cesspool is now dumber for having read it. I award no likes and may God have mercy on your souls.

Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying the discussion on etymology.

All, this thread is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in any of the rambling, incoherent responses was there anything that would be considered a relevent thought. Everyone in the cesspool is now dumber for having read it. I award no likes and may God have mercy on your souls.

Right, back to the topic.

I think we get a transfer or two in for 133 and maybe even 174. Believe there is money to do so as we offered (believe this to be true) Teske and Hidlay a fair amount and they did not come.

Add even the transfer in at 133, most certainly a good point scorer and our lineup which is very good, gets way better.

Until that happens, talk amoungst yourselves

So you get to determine who goes on that list you didn't make?

Ok

I just gave an opinion about 1 guy who was not on the list I didn't make and one who was that I didn't notice and would not have commented on until you mentioned him as I assumed it was a list of returning top guys at 133. Honestly I am perplexed by your sensitivity to the topic given it wasn't your list and the actual person who made the list made a joking post about it and my original comments about a guy not on the list were with two other people who also did not make the list.

Fair enough - I got a good question for the pond: would DeSanto be an upgrade over Teasdale/Renteria ?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Fair enough - I got a good question for the pond: would DeSanto be an upgrade over Teasdale/Renteria ?

Raw talent/skill wise, I think Austin is an upgrade over those two. Whether he can produce results equal to his raw talent has yet to be determined (due to something that cannot be mentioned).

Reactions: pablow
I just gave an opinion about 1 guy who was not on the list I didn't make and one who was that I didn't notice and would not have commented on until you mentioned him as I assumed it was a list of returning top guys at 133. Honestly I am perplexed by your sensitivity to the topic given it wasn't your list and the actual person who made the list made a joking post about it and my original comments about a guy not on the list were with two other people who also did not make the list.
My apologies. All this pussy talk has me worked up.

I will add this. Here in NY we had a head Varsity Wrestling Coach forced to resign Mid-season this year due to using the word(s) Pussy and/or Fag! I was not present at the time it was said nor was I at the meeting that followed.

I was the Assistant Varsity Coach and friends with the head Coach so I do know that this is 100% fact. Apparently one of the Wrestlers took offense to him addressing the team which was not performing well and using a sentence that went something like. " You are not Wrestling pussies out there you have to work harder!"

Coach had over 30 years but was only at this school 3 and was not a teacher in District. I can tell you that he does not have an once of anything bad in his body and everyone was shocked that the school let him go the way it did!

I guess the moral of the story is. Be very careful of what you say and who you say it to!!!

Reactions: el dub
I will add this. Here in NY we had a head Varsity Wrestling Coach forced to resign Mid-season this year due to using the word(s) Pussy and/or Fag! I was not present at the time it was said nor was I at the meeting that followed.

I was the Assistant Varsity Coach and friends with the head Coach so I do know that this is 100% fact. Apparently one of the Wrestlers took offense to him addressing the team which was not performing well and using a sentence that went something like. " You are not Wrestling pussies out there you have to work harder!"

Coach had over 30 years but was only at this school 3 and was not a teacher in District. I can tell you that he does not have an once of anything bad in his body and everyone was shocked that the school let him go the way it did!

I guess the moral of the story is. Be very careful of what you say and who you say it to!!!

Being offended is fast becoming our national pastime.

As I apparently have to keep reminding people, there are thousands upon thousands of graves all around the world of American soldiers who fought and died so people in the U.S.A. could say whatever the hell they want to say, whether someone else likes it or not.

Good thing we have you to remind everyone.

This is a very sad story. What a joke

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT