ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on DeSanto?

Since this the everywhere thread.-
I'm about to go Burroughs blast on a coworker. Dude in cubicle next to me chews ice from a mug ALL day long!! chomp, chomp, bangs mug, chomp, puts lid on mug bangs it, chomp, chomp, chomp. 10-15 minute at a time I hear this. So far today the chompers schedule has went as the follows:
8:15- chomp
9:10-chomp
9:30- gum chomping (yah he does that)
10:45-chomp
11-12 chomper's lunch break
12:10-chomp
12:15- I stand up and say, "man you eat a lot ice". Response was, "yah, got it from my mom". My thought-"well your mom pees sitting down, so do you too?"
12:15-1:15- my lunch break
2:30- chomp
3:20- chomp
4:00- chomp

*****his schedule is an hour earlier than mine, otherwise I would add "coffee slurping" around 7.****

I did relate this to wrestling with the JB Blast comment. Multiple people had made comments short of, "HEY SKINNY JEAN WEARING PISSANT STFU!

EDITED EDIT to include latest chomps

Last edited:
Since this the everywhere thread.-
I'm about to go Burroughs blast on a coworker. Dude in cubicle next to me chews ice from a mug ALL day long!! chomp, chomp, bangs mug, chomp, puts lid on mug bangs it, chomp, chomp, chomp. 10-15 minute at a time I hear this. So far today the chompers schedule has went as the follows:
8:15- chomp
9:10-chomp
9:30- gum chomping (yah he does that)
10:45-chomp
11-12 chomper's lunch break
12:10-chomp
12:15- I stand up and say, "man you eat a lot ice". Response was, "yah, got it from my mom". My thought-"well your mom pees sitting down, so do you too?"
12:15-1:15- my lunch break
2:30- chomp

*****his schedule is an hour earlier than mine, otherwise I would add "coffee slurping" around 7.****

I did relate this to wrestling with the JB Blast comment. Multiple people had made comments short of, "HEY SKINNY JEAN WEARING PISSANT STFU!
How about this thread on twitter which relates to your post which relates to wrestling:

We will find out when we find out. I'm sure the coaches will plan accordingly and we will have some new options.

Does he have to get accepted into school with transferring credits, etc before they will announce? Especially after this past year and IA admin making sure all t’s are crossed and I’s dotted.

Wendy has posted on wrestling. She does not pop off every time a politically correct opportunity arises...that was what's her name.

That said...we need a logical ruling on this issue.

American slang is something that confounds foreigners when learning how to speak English. For example: The word motherf*cker. If taken literally, it is one who has sex with a mother. This would make many of us motherf*ckers. It can be used on different occasions and is one of the most versatile words in the collection of "swear word jars." For example, "Motherf*cker!! I forgot to get eggs at the store (happened to me yesterday)" or "You motherf*cker!" can apply to the soccer Mom in her minivan who cuts you off in traffic. Does she f*ck mothers? I'm betting not.

The etymology of the word "pussy" is an interesting one that has received vast study in the past few years...due mainly to our president who opined (years ago) about grabbing women by the pussy. Indeed, pussy hats are now worn to Resist! our president and his alleged pussy-grabbing ways.
However, no one can agree on the actual history of the word and how it's used. Some say it harkens back to the 1600s. Who knows. I do know that words evolve and when calling somebody a "pussy," especially on a message board, I do not think they are literally referring to a woman's vagina as that particular piece of anatomy has confounded and held power over men since the beginning of time.

Ruling: Non Offensive
James Bond, Pussy Galore.

I will add this. Here in NY we had a head Varsity Wrestling Coach forced to resign Mid-season this year due to using the word(s) Pussy and/or Fag! I was not present at the time it was said nor was I at the meeting that followed.

I was the Assistant Varsity Coach and friends with the head Coach so I do know that this is 100% fact. Apparently one of the Wrestlers took offense to him addressing the team which was not performing well and using a sentence that went something like. " You are not Wrestling pussies out there you have to work harder!"

Coach had over 30 years but was only at this school 3 and was not a teacher in District. I can tell you that he does not have an once of anything bad in his body and everyone was shocked that the school let him go the way it did!

I guess the moral of the story is. Be very careful of what you say and who you say it to!!!
Moral of the story is if folks are that touchy regarding a benign comment, those folks aren't worth being around.

are-you-offended-byeverything-in-my-day-we-called-people-6382573.png

Couldn't resist.

This is the perfect representation of this site, Desanto was a terrible person for trying to break Micic's arm until he might come to Iowa. Now he's struggling with autism and is misunderstood. Bo gets too emotional after clinching the national championship and says something stupid so its ok to call him the "R" word and all kinds of other insults.. I'm done here, you double talking hypocrites have made my point.
Wow...it's going to take at least a half dozen therapy sessions for you to work through your anger and superiority issues. Gaining the effective reasoning skills to avoid making gross generalizations may take a bit more time, however.

Wow...it's going to take at least a half dozen therapy sessions for you to work through your anger and inferiority issues. Gaining the effective reasoning skills to avoid making gross generalizations may take a bit more time, however.

FIFY

Is that frowned upon in this establishment?
Nope. Most of us have done it on. In high school a lanky scrawny basketball player said that about the wrestling team. He was probably lucky it was said at the beginning of the season when everybody was fat and happy. Don't want to piss off a cranky weight cutter.

What planet are you on? Did you watch Glynn wrestle this year at all? Good kid but not in the same league at all.
Paul Glynn is a terrific young man and a great teammate. There's no debating that. Of course, we all want to win team championships, and bringing in elite talent is part of that process. But whether or not Paul is in the starting lineup, I have no doubt he'll continue to be the same fantastic kid and teammate he's always been.

Regardless of his W-L record, Paul is a great asset to the program, and his future is extremely bright. Every guy on the roster is a key contributor to every team and individual championship. I tip my cap to each and every one.

Last edited:
What planet are you on? Did you watch Glynn wrestle this year at all? Good kid but not in the same league at all.
Glynn beat Valdivez from NU, who won a couple matches at Nationals ( both against top twenty ranked kids). Glynn will be ranked in top 15 next year. I would take him over AD any day. Lots of upside with less political risks.

Paul Glynn is a terrific young man and a great teammate. There's no debating that. Of course, we all want to win team championships, and bringing in elite talent is part of that process. But whether or not Paul is in the starting lineup, I have no doubt he'll continue to be the fantastic kid and teammate he's always been.

Regardless of his W-L record, Paul is a great asset to the program, and his future is extremely bright. Every guy on the roster is a key contributor to every team and individual championship. I tip my cap to each and every one.
I wish all posts on a wrestler's importance to a program could be said in this way. Kudos to you. Everyone that dons a singlet for a university should be honored by fans and alumni. None of the wrestlers have to sacrifice for themselves, the team, and fans, but do so anyway.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT