ADVERTISEMENT

Any Nunge Highlight Videos?

T. Kimball

HR All-State
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2005
For the life of me I can't find any...just trying to raise my already high expectations to a new level.

In my very amateur opinion it isn't the physical tools that have held Nunge back as much (aside from injuries, obviously). He has great size and good athleticism but has seemed hesitant at times in his (admittedly limited) playing time so far during his career. Seemed like he was just starting to come out of his shell last year before getting injured, so if he can get some solid time in this next season I think he can put it all together and be a special player.

In my very amateur opinion it isn't the physical tools that have held Nunge back as much (aside from injuries, obviously). He has great size and good athleticism but has seemed hesitant at times in his (admittedly limited) playing time so far during his career. Seemed like he was just starting to come out of his shell last year before getting injured, so if he can get some solid time in this next season I think he can put it all together and be a special player.
Yes he can, but he needs to develop a solid eye poke. Actually, he needs a nastier attitude! He's older now, it would be good to see him rebound well as that is one of the main things that we need to improves our overall defensive numbers.

I agree. If garza's mentality would rub off on nunge, look out. That’s if he can stay away from injuries. I think he's going to have a great career at iowa before it's over

Going up against Garza in practice during his Freshman, redshirt, and this season has got to make him a strong player for us, if he comes off of the ACL tear with confidence. With 3 years of playing time left, he should be a beast before he's done.

Reactions: perryhawk
Jack has shown very little. In part because: (1) he played way out of position as a freshman; (2) he was weak as kitten for inside battles; (3) the RS; and (4) the injury.

At the time of Jack's injury Ryan was a much better player for the "twin" tower at the 4. Stronger, smarter (player, no nothing of their grades or test scores) better passer, better shooter, better defender and much much tougher. Jack still looked lost on defense outside the deep post area, which hopefully won't be a problem because he should only move from deep inside defensively under the most urgent of circumstances.

Jack did put on muscle weight and hopefully has been working on getting even stronger. This season I cannot foresee Jack playing more than the few minutes behind Luka and even fewer minutes at the 4. The 4 spot gets really crowded for Jack because PMac will probably play there when the lineup goes small and the Ks are big enough for the 4 in a conventional line up and both look like better players at that position than Jack.

If Jack works hard he might become a respectable starter at center after Luka cashes the multimillion dollar check. Of course, however improbable it seems, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Until Nunge proves it on the court against B10 caliber players I don't expect much from him. Sure, he's used to defending Garza, but the other bigs in the league have a variety of different types of games which he is going to have to get used to defending and rebounding against. I expect Connor to get a lot more minutes while playing small-ball until Nunge proves he can be effective on the court game in and game out. I'm glad he's on the roster, but there's no knowing whether he'll look like Kreiner throughout most of last year or Pemsl in the first half of the year (which was atrocious).

Until Nunge proves it on the court against B10 caliber players I don't expect much from him. Sure, he's used to defending Garza, but the other bigs in the league have a variety of different types of games which he is going to have to get used to defending and rebounding against. I expect Connor to get a lot more minutes while playing small-ball until Nunge proves he can be effective on the court game in and game out. I'm glad he's on the roster, but there's no knowing whether he'll look like Kreiner throughout most of last year or Pemsl in the first half of the year (which was atrocious).

This is how I look at it also, my expectations aren't very high with Nunge yet. That said, I expect him to play mostly at the #5 while Garza rests. We will still play small ball unless our opponent has big guys at both the #4 and #5.

ADVERTISEMENT